Thermals

Gobbler36

WKR
Why are thermals being allowed in some states to ”Scout” the wording seems weird that you can’t have it attached to your rifle for big game but you can have a thermal monocular to find deer and elk on a hillside?
This seems like something we need to get ahead of? What’s the argument for them?
I guess id argue that i feel we have maxed out the need to make things easier But idk

BBob

WKR
They are cool tech for sure but yeah I’m against their use for use on big game. I’d write it up similar to our camera ban. Like the cameras you can’t say someone can’t own one but you can say you cannot use one in any way in the take of big game which also means no scouting.

I agree that Thermals and NV are fine for predators or pigs. They should not aloud to be used/possessed when big game hunting.

Look it is Hard to sell hunting to a lot of the population as it is, just look at the CO bs for new wildlife manage strategies focusing not on hunting but mutualIsm, whatever that is.

These are giving you a huge and to me unfair advantage on big game. Between better glass, ballistic calculators and laser range finders we are already way ahead of where we were not that long ago. Then you Add in cell game cameras etc…

I am a huge hunter and gun guy, but IMHO, saying we need suppressed ARs with thermals or NV for big game hunting will only undercut our position with the non hunting majority of the population. Regardless of whether it is true or not, or how you feel about the issue. They already effectively use poorly planned trophy pics out on the web to drum up support for their anti hunting campaigns, so why give them more ammunition to shoot at us.

Spence

I use mine for pigs and yotes here in tx and ok. Have a thermal handheld and use cyclops nv for shooting with a aimpoint or peq-15 on a AR. They give you a huge advantage to me on game. The thermal especially for locating them.

But for those vermin I a would use anything I could. Mine stuff is a little dated but it was I used for the job on two legged predators so I am familiar with them and the price was right. I used the newer top of the line clip on thermals at work, they were incredible. I am retired now thankfully.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
So should clarify that I don’t think it’s an issue on invasive non native or predators species im specifically talking deer/ ek and other big game trophy species

I just don’t understand the constant need to have/ make it easier and easier

BBob

WKR
How many of you have actually used them out in the field for an extended period of time?
All it takes is to go out once checking canyons and bowls for Coues deer to see what an advantage they are. Glass all day then check the same with a thermal. No contest. The temptation is huge, I want to do it but IMO it just isn’t fair.

I agree as well, was just genuinely curious if the people who were against them had personal experience. I have multiple thermals and use them predominantly for predators and like others have said they are definitely a game changer. In a majority of the areas i elk/deer hunt they would be useless because it's very thick. Alot of guys who have never used them think they can see right through brush & trees.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Haha you can draw any comparison you’d like but the fact is if they didn’t create an advantage why would they be a want for them and why would you be a fighting a ban for them and technically I guess I have used them to shoot coyotes but I was trying to stay on topic
Of course you haven't. "We need to ban something even though I've never done it." Reminds me of anti's

Haha you can draw any comparison you’d like but the fact is if they didn’t create an advantage why would they be a want for them and why would you be a fighting a ban for them and technically I guess I have used them to shoot coyotes but I was trying to stay on topic
I'm not fighting a ban on them. I'm just pointing out another person trying to ban something they haven't done.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
I'm not fighting a ban on them. I'm just pointing out another person trying to ban something they haven't done.
Ok good for you

like I said I don’t need to, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to draw conclusions on what they do and how they work.

do I need to cut my dick off to know if gender transition is a good or bad thing?

dudnt think so

bozeman

WKR
The 'unfair advantage' excuse isnt a good one for hunters to use. A high caliber rifle, a compound bow are both unfair advantages. If the only reason to not use a tool/device is unfair advantage then it can be used against usage on all levels.......that is why humans have dominion over animals......we can create unfair advantages. If it is legal, use it. If it is illegal or you personally feel it is morally wrong, then don't.......pretty simple.