Theoretical Build 7PRC

khuber84

WKR
Sorry I have an XLR element magnesium inbound! Not an XLR envy pro magnesium, doesn’t exist. My bad.

6.5cm
6mm GT
7mm PRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a 300 norma in a element 3.0 chassis a few years back, couldn't get consistent accuracy. Bedded the recoil lug and tang area and all was better. Small recoil cartridges it's not really necessary, however the big boys, I think it is a good idea. Talked to a few smith's who've built larger magnums on light chassis builds, and they pushed me to do it, and it worked, turns out they had experienced it as well.

Not sure if it was mentioned but the EH3 forend is too narrow for the Proof barrel.
I would lean towards the MCS-T, EH1, Pro Hunter or Long Range Hunter depending in your style.

I'm a distributor so if you have any questions let me know. I also have a long action EH1 in stock right now.

duffman

FNG
$400 for a bartlein 3 or 3B and my smith does both ends for $300.
I second this option. I have been considering options for a 300WSM build I bought a T3x for as well. I came to the conclusion that for the money, prefits don't make sense for me. End up with a better barrel for less or the same $.

Anyone know what a #3 Bartlein's diameter is at 22"?

Have seen from PVA that #3B is .749, which being above .725, is g2g. Using Bartlein's .0122 taper value, I've been unsuccessful calculating this actual measured value, so I don't think I can be sure based on calculations alone that #3 would be enough.

Unsure. Thinking I would be fine using it all if needed. I'm reading the contour drawings correctly it would be 1.5" min to 2.750" max?

The shank is where a lot of weight is added especially on sporter contours. I’d try to cut an inch off if I could. I will measure a couple 3b contours tonight when I get home.

1 is on a 300 RUM utilizing almost all the shank.

The other is a 6.5CM utilizing almost no shank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffman

FNG
I have a 22” bartlein #3 with the full 2.75” shank.

22” measures .713”
21” measures .722”
20” measures .730”

Just what I was looking for, thanks! Looks like #3 is what I’ll go with, was wanting in something in the 20-22” length.

duffman

FNG
Agree with this.
My gunsmith chopped mine right under 21" to get .725" at the muzzle, threaded 5.8x24 for the TBAC CB.

Good to know, very helpful. I think this is exactly what I’ll go with. Have a TBAC I’m waiting on that this bbl will be used with.

duffman

FNG
You'll likely be somewhere between 20" and 21" depending on shank length. Good luck, post pics when it's done!!
Barrel is ordered, will be a while before it’s finished. Will be putting it in a rokstock, assuming the reviews are good, so will be a fun one