Theoretical Build 7PRC

carter33

WKR
Not to discount the negative comments on Proof but I have two Proof CF barrels and both have been extremely accurate. One was a prefit in 6cm, the other chambered in 6.5 PRC by a reputable smith. Both are a few years old at this point though.

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
Have 2 benchmark and one barlein barrel, there is no problem at all.
The problem with proof barrel is , I have to back down to r powder chart from 71 grain of H1000 to 67 grain and still show pressure , while the benchmark barrels can shoot 71.4 grains an still no sign of pressure. That proof barrel is just a joke, .

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
Not to discount the negative comments on Proof but I have two Proof CF barrels and both have been extremely accurate. One was a prefit in 6cm, the other chambered in 6.5 PRC by a reputable smith. Both are a few years old at this point though.
I think a had that bad batch of barrels at once.I have total 4 proof barrels, the first 2 shoot as it is advertised, the last 2 is just shit .

Procision Arms

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I already have an action wrench and barrel nut wrench from NSS but other than aesthetics do you think there's a benefit to having a barrel shouldered with a floating bolt head design like the Origin? I'm not necessarily looking for a switch barrel gun but it would be nice to have the option.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
If you weren’t looking for a switch barrel gun, shoot extreme high volumes and go through lots of barrels, or just want a DIY project for yourself, I think most guys are better served getting a barrel chambered and fitted by a competent gunsmith. It ensures you don’t have any fitment issues and any company worth their salt will back the job they did.

I know of lots of guys have had great shooting prefits, but there are plenty of guys who have had issues with them.

philcox

WKR
I threw this 7PRC together, and right now, pretty happy with a consistent ~.5 MOA 160 CX @ 71.1g H1000 COAL 3.29, ADG Brass, CCI 250 @ ~3000fps (have about 70 rounds down the barrel, so speed may improve)

Tikka Magnum Action
20" Carbon Six Featherweight 1:8 prefit
XLR (Foldable) 4.0 Magnesium Chassi Stock
Ross Muzzle Break Self-Timing
Leupold VX5-HD 3-15x44
Hawkins Precision Ultralight Rings

Cost me $50 for local Gunsmith to spin the barrel off, and put the C6 on

Sitting like that is $4K. I will be gong to a NXS once I get it in the spring, which will add another $600 over the Leupold that I will then sell to recoup some cost. Final should be right at $4600. 9lb 7 oz with my Spartan Pro Bipod, sub 9 without.

IMG_8647.jpeg

IMG_8646.jpeg

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I threw this 7PRC together, and right now, pretty happy with a consistent ~.5 MOA 160 CX @ 71.1g H1000 COAL 3.29, ADG Brass, CCI 250 @ ~3000fps (have about 70 rounds down the barrel, so speed may improve)

Tikka Magnum Action
20" Carbon Six Featherweight 1:8 prefit
XLR (Foldable) 4.0 Magnesium Chassi Stock
Ross Muzzle Break Self-Timing
Leupold VX5-HD 3-15x44
Hawkins Precision Ultralight Rings

Cost me $50 for local Gunsmith to spin the barrel off, and put the C6 on

Sitting like that is $4K. I will be gong to a NXS once I get it in the spring, which will add another $600 over the Leupold that I will then sell to recoup some cost. Final should be right at $4600. 9lb 7 oz with my Spartan Pro Bipod, sub 9 without.

View attachment 622788

View attachment 622789
Does your Leupold track perfectly? That's the scope I would go with if I know it'll track.

philcox

WKR
Does your Leupold track perfectly? That's the scope I would go with if I know it'll track.

Honestly have not tested it. Should though! This is my 2nd, have another on my 300WM. Didn’t seem to have an issue, but then Formidious started doing all the drop testing and put doubts in my mind, so ordered a NightForce “just because”

Cbthomas

FNG
I did a similar build. Check out carbonsix for a barrel. They shoot greats and will save you some money.

Stiller predator action
C6 Barrel 20” 1-8 remage nut
Pure precision stock
Hawkins AI dbm/ grayboe m5 hinged
Triggertech special w/straight shoe
SRS TIpro 3 port brake
SRS hunters rail
Nightforce NX8 4-32

9e4a935fd60f45d6c9cadf9539a96bbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR

WKR
I do have big hands but that's good to know. I want a more sporterish look. Do you have any suggestions?

Manners mcs-t
I have one for sale if your interested

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I did a similar build. Check out carbonsix for a barrel. They shoot greats and will save you some money.

Stiller predator action
C6 Barrel 20” 1-8 remage nut
Pure precision stock
Hawkins AI dbm/ grayboe m5 hinged
Triggertech special w/straight shoe
SRS TIpro 3 port brake
SRS hunters rail
Nightforce NX8 4-32

9e4a935fd60f45d6c9cadf9539a96bbc.jpg

Very nice. Really almost exactly what I'm going for minus the 4-32. Looking for a more compact scope and hinged floor plate instead of DBM. I might go the C6 route the more I hear about them.

Cbthomas

FNG
Very nice. Really almost exactly what I'm going for minus the 4-32. Looking for a more compact scope and hinged floor plate instead of DBM. I might go the C6 route the more I hear about them.

Yeah I was going to buy the 2-20 nx8 while It is much more compact there is less than 1 oz between them.

The DBM was a spare I had. I will probably swap it out for Hawkins new hunter DBM that is almost flush

I love the c6 barrels Iv done a 7stw ,28N and a 6.5x47L all have been remages and all have shot great.

Gila

WKR
Honestly have not tested it. Should though! This is my 2nd, have another on my 300WM. Didn’t seem to have an issue, but then Formidious started doing all the drop testing and put doubts in my mind, so ordered a NightForce “just because”
Where did you get the Tikka Magnum action? I have never heard of one. Got rid of my 300wm because I couldn’t use a cartridge with a COAL longer than 3.5”.

Where did you get the Tikka Magnum action? I have never heard of one. Got rid of my 300wm because I couldn’t use a cartridge with a COAL longer than 3.5”.

Tikka with magnum bolt face and long action bolt stop = magnum action.

philcox

WKR
I wanted a longer, but I developed a load with the Barnes 175 LRX that shoots really well, so stuck with the Tikka.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
looks good why that stock? why not a KRG?
Not interested in a chassis. I also want an internal mag/hinged floor plate. It's not going to be a "back country" ultralight setup but I'd like to be at about 8lbs all-in.

DEW0341

WKR
Zermatt Origin $1000
Proof Sav Prefit $1,049
Manners MCS-EH3 $759
Hawkins M5 Bottom $225
Trigger Tech $185

$3218 + Assembly tools.

Any issue with anything I've picked? Looks like a lot of stuff is currently backordered but this isn't something I'm wanting tomorrow.

3 prefits on a bighorn TL3 short action (1 stainless steel proof), and 1 prefit on an origin long action proof carbon. NO issues with any of them.

Triggertechs all around good to go no issues.

Personally like chassis guns and I have an XLR envy pro for my bighorn TL3, love it. Had a Grayboe Phoenix with the origin and hated it so I have an XLR envy pro magnesium inbound that I’m sure I’ll be just fine with.

Everyone will ford, dodge, Chevy your choices. I’d say buy with confidence on what your have listed (I would suggest shouldered pre fit vs. savage barrel nut, that’s just my 2 cents). If you try out the stock don’t like it, there are plenty of folks that would scoop it up on a number of forums. Part of the fun is trying stuff out and tinkering around.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
3 prefits on a bighorn TL3 short action (1 stainless steel proof), and 1 prefit on an origin long action proof carbon. NO issues with any of them.

Triggertechs all around good to go no issues.

Personally like chassis guns and I have an XLR envy pro for my bighorn TL3, love it. Had a Grayboe Phoenix with the origin and hated it so I have an XLR envy pro magnesium inbound that I’m sure I’ll be just fine with.

Everyone will ford, dodge, Chevy your choices. I’d say buy with confidence on what your have listed (I would suggest shouldered pre fit vs. savage barrel nut, that’s just my 2 cents). If you try out the stock don’t like it, there are plenty of folks that would scoop it up on a number of forums. Part of the fun is trying stuff out and tinkering around.

Good to hear. What cartridges are you shooting?

SloppyJ

WKR
I just did this for a 22" 300prc. I got the action and the barrel for $1800 new. Don't pay full retail, there are deals out there if you look and call around. I didn't want a barrel nut so I went with the proof shouldered prefit. No taxes either.

Going with a Timney Elite Hunter, UM bottom metal and mag for a 3.8" COAL, and a McMillan Game Warden LR. I was wanting to find a used stock to hopefully save some cost but that didn't pan out.

I'm a lefty and there are hardly any used long action stocks for sale. I guess it's just not a big market. I called up MOA Rifles and didn't even realize that they were the ones who acquired McMillan. The dude hooked me up on a carbon fiber stock so now I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to get done. 8-12wk turnaround. I'm hoping it's done by Christmas but unfortunately, my gun season is over at that point.

Look on forum classifieds and you can find some deals. I'll be into this one for under $3k and could have done it for much less.

DEW0341

WKR
Good to hear. What cartridges are you shooting?

Sorry I have an XLR element magnesium inbound! Not an XLR envy pro magnesium, doesn’t exist. My bad.

6.5cm
6mm GT
7mm PRC