Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Zermatt Origin $1000
Proof Sav Prefit $1,049
Manners MCS-EH3 $759
Hawkins M5 Bottom $225
Trigger Tech $185

$3218 + Assembly tools.

Any issue with anything I've picked? Looks like a lot of stuff is currently backordered but this isn't something I'm wanting tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not a fan of proof so I would have a gunsmith spin a barrel from another company. I would also wait and see how the "Rokstock" turns out.
Seems like things go in waves with barrel manufacturers. Didn't seem like very long ago Proof was the one to beat for carbon wrapped.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm more keen on regular steel barrels over carbon. You can typically flute a thicker contour steel barrel and be within ounces of each other while saving money.

$1050 for a prefit is silly.
I see. Definitely could probably increase the odds of getting a hummer barrel going steel.

Procision Arms

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
$1050 is a little salty for a prefit, especially considering the average guy would have to buy some tools to do it.

That’s in the same price range us and many other shops charge to have a gunsmith chamber/install a Proof barrel.

The ergos on the Manners EH3 suck IMO. Had one on my first custom. The grip is worthless unless you have dikembe mutombo length fingers.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
$1050 is a little salty for a prefit, especially considering the average guy would have to buy some tools to do it.

That’s in the same price range us and many other shops charge to have a gunsmith chamber/install a Proof barrel.
I already have an action wrench and barrel nut wrench from NSS but other than aesthetics do you think there's a benefit to having a barrel shouldered with a floating bolt head design like the Origin? I'm not necessarily looking for a switch barrel gun but it would be nice to have the option.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
The ergos on the Manners EH3 suck IMO. Had one on my first custom. The grip is worthless unless you have dikembe mutombo length fingers.
I do have big hands but that's good to know. I want a more sporterish look. Do you have any suggestions?

Stainless magnum tikka of your choice 850 tops
Bartlein barrel + gunsmith work ~750
Rokstock ~600
Cgs hyperion ~1300

~3500 for a more reliable rifle with a better trigger design, better ergonomics, and a top tier can.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Stainless magnum tikka of your choice 850 tops
Bartlein barrel + gunsmith work ~750
Rokstock ~600
Cgs hyperion ~1300

~3500 for a more reliable rifle with a better trigger design, better ergonomics, and a top tier can.
I'm pretty set on the Origin. Nothing against the Tikka I just like having all the options.

I do have big hands but that's good to know. I want a more sporterish look. Do you have any suggestions?

If you're trying to avoid a vertical grip for aesthetic reasons I'd look at the peak44 blacktooth or axial precision offerings.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
If you're trying to avoid a vertical grip for aesthetic reasons I'd look at the peak44 blacktooth or axial precision offerings.
I like that semi-vertical varmint-style grip the EH3/EH4 has. Stockys has the Next Gen M50 that I really like the looks of, as well.

I like that semi-vertical varmint-style grip the EH3/EH4 has. Stockys has the Next Gen M50 that I really like the looks of, as well.

Issue with the EH-3 for me is that the vertical part of the grip is so far from the trigger that my middle and ring fingers didn't even touch it with my trigger finger in the appropriate position to make a 90 degree trigger press. So it may be vertical but it doesn't matter if it's not vertical where your hand can actually use it. The EH4 and MCS-T with elite (carbon) fill would be better in that regard i just dont think they are as trim as the EH-3 is in the fore-end.

The Peak44 blackcomb and Axial precision also have a negative comb which assist with managing recoil straight back and combat muzzle rise.

The only manners hunting stocks I'd consider are the EH-1, LRH, or PH but it seems like you're wanting something a little thinner and more traditional looking.

axeforce6

WKR
I own several carbon barrels. A few proofs. They all shoot well. I have an origin with a proof actually and it’s a great rifle. The peak44 stock is a great stock. I have one on a CA barreled action 308. Feels really well. Very light weight. I’ll probably order another one for my 22 creedmoor soon. If you’re set in a manners, I’d look at the long range hunter or the pro hunter. But the peak 44 black tooth seems to be the stock style you’re wanting. I run triggertechs in all of my rifles. Tried the bix and andy Dakota. I liked it pretty well but still prefer the TT.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I own several carbon barrels. A few proofs. They all shoot well. I have an origin with a proof actually and it’s a great rifle. The peak44 stock is a great stock. I have one on a CA barreled action 308. Feels really well. Very light weight. I’ll probably order another one for my 22 creedmoor soon. If you’re set in a manners, I’d look at the long range hunter or the pro hunter. But the peak 44 black tooth seems to be the stock style you’re wanting. I run triggertechs in all of my rifles. Tried the bix and andy Dakota. I liked it pretty well but still prefer the TT.
Have you ever tried a Shilen trigger?

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
I would stay a way from proof barrel now, proof is going all in 3 shift none stop and I have 2 tight bore carbon fiber barrels, I sent both back and get them back and just throw away. such a waste of money and time with proof.

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I would stay a way from proof barrel now, proof is going all in 3 shift none stop and I have 2 tight bore carbon fiber barrels, I sent both back and get them back and just throw away. such a waste of money and time with proof.
That's sad to hear.