The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone here use an advisory website like TipRanks? Ive benefited from some of the free options over the last several years and Im interested in knowing if the $30 a month is worth it.
I am also looking at moving my managed account from MS to Fidelity with the rest of what I personally manage. Im only seeing monthly advisory fees with little to no advisory. Thoughts

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
Sure looks like we are going to be needing a lot of bombs, tanks, etc. for a while. Anybody have any bomb/tank/arms manufacturer stocks you like?

Musk= Genius. Glad I jumped in at $121.00 a share. Wish I would have bought more, but a 100 shares was a risky as I could get.

HLX has been a good surprise for me, made some serious money on CDEV/PR and want to get back into another oil if it ever drops significant enough. Put pretty good chunks into T-bills that are getting around 4.8% right now. Always looking for the next big score, but nothing is jumping out at me. TSLA is a pretty big win, but would love to find the next CDEV. lol

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Musk= Genius. Glad I jumped in at $121.00 a share. Wish I would have bought more, but a 100 shares was a risky as I could get.

HLX has been a good surprise for me, made some serious money on CDEV/PR and want to get back into another oil if it ever drops significant enough. Put pretty good chunks into T-bills that are getting around 4.8% right now. Always looking for the next big score, but nothing is jumping out at me. TSLA is a pretty big win, but would love to find the next CDEV. lol
Good on you HH for your TSLA purchase. It's been on my watch list for months waiting to drop below $100/sh and I would have backed up the truck (notice I did not say Miata this time. :D) but was adamant on < $100 and those $2/sh cost me a boatload.

TSLA may not be another CDEV in terms of multiples but, given the way that EVs are being forced on us, I think it being a 5-10 bagger at your price is looking good.

Eddie

I picked up a few shares of TSLA when it was in the low $100's with plans to buy a bunch more if it dipped below $100. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't load up when I bought. I've nearly doubled my money on those few shares but it could have been a lot bigger gain.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Same. I picked up a few at $103. Definitely wish I had a lot more, but I treat it like gambling so my risk tolerance is pretty low. anybody have thoughts on an exit?

eddielasvegas

Classified Approved
Same. I picked up a few at $103. Definitely wish I had a lot more, but I treat it like gambling so my risk tolerance is pretty low. anybody have thoughts on an exit?
When you double your money (and you are close), sell 1/2 your shares and then you are playing with house money with your remaining shares. That would have been approach if TSLA had fallen to $100.

Good luck,

Eddie

Bowfisher

FNG
what tipped you that VS was going to jump today?
I use TC2000 by the Worden Bros...I can scan real time, for price percent change, that way I find the gappers in the first 2 mins, and check the daily chart, then hop on board if i like what I see.

I usually ride them for the first 30-45 mins, then they tend to retrace, I take profits there or set a trailing stop and move on with my day.

I’ve been playing DIS options on earnings run up all week (projected to be good). I bought/sold twice today for decent profit but held onto one contract. A $111 strike for 2/17. I don’t love holding options overnight but I had a feeling and was riding high. Market closed and stock was around $111.80 and I was up a measly $18 on that contract. Currently Disney is at $117.80 on earnings news so if it holds til 9:30 I may be done trading at 9:31 with a good profit.

eddielasvegas

Classified Approved
I’ve been playing DIS options on earnings run up all week (projected to be good). I bought/sold twice today for decent profit but held onto one contract. A $111 strike for 2/17. I don’t love holding options overnight but I had a feeling and was riding high. Market closed and stock was around $111.80 and I was up a measly $18 on that contract. Currently Disney is at $117.80 on earnings news so if it holds til 9:30 I may be done trading at 9:31 with a good profit.
1675909824265.png

Eddie

stevewes2004

Lil-Rokslider
CTXR making a good run. Cost average is $1.30, hoping to pay for kids cars and college with this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDirt

WKR
A few of you bought Tesla stock. What about Rivian? It still seems pretty cheap! $18 ish bucks today.

twall13

WKR
A few of you bought Tesla stock. What about Rivian? It still seems pretty cheap! $18 ish bucks today.
From what I've read about Rivian they have a lot of issues to work out before I'd want to invest in them. Lots of people interested in their product but they can't seem to figure out production to deliver to everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Rivian could easily go to zero.

I have not done the research… its a clever idea competing with deep pocket car companies that have established supply chains.

My bet, Some of the past successes you saw here were the result of a lot of research and experience. …