The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Nobody’s looking into Hard Money Lending?

Incredible returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just asked to do this today. 15% annual with option to keep it invested for three years. Then full return on my investment. Can’t pull out money for a year though. I would rather have cash in hand I think.

Beendare

WKR

Incredible returns.

Last time I did one of those...we had to take the property back....a linguisa factory in San Leandro and another property as collateral. The guy that owned it shot a bill collector when they came calling...then went to jail for murder....We got both properties. I really needed to thank that other bill collector for getting there first.

BigDog00

WKR
Last time I did one of those...we had to take the property back....a linguisa factory in San Leandro and another property as collateral. The guy that owned it shot a bill collector when they came calling...then went to jail for murder....We got both properties. I really needed to thank that other bill collector for getting there first.
Sounds sketchy!

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I was just asked to do this today. 15% annual with option to keep it invested for three years. Then full return on my investment. Can’t pull out money for a year though. I would rather have cash in hand I think.

Can you send me the deal?

I’m interested

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR

. That’s crazy. They’re not for everybody but I’m glad you’re still here to tell the tell.

Incredible returns.

I’ve done that for a long time.

Hard to beat 14.5 percent interest currently. Just have to make sure your deal is set up well so you don’t get hosed if things go south. Everyone always plans to pay if everything goes good, but that doesn’t always occur.

I’ve learned if you can’t get yourself to get your money back if things don’t work, out pass on the deal. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Very hard to find the “right” deals

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve been playing DIS options on earnings run up all week (projected to be good). I bought/sold twice today for decent profit but held onto one contract. A $111 strike for 2/17. I don’t love holding options overnight but I had a feeling and was riding high. Market closed and stock was around $111.80 and I was up a measly $18 on that contract. Currently Disney is at $117.80 on earnings news so if it holds til 9:30 I may be done trading at 9:31 with a good profit.
I’ve been shorting that company for months now after being bullish since the launch of Disney+. I turned a 100%+ profit a few months ago and sold 99% of my puts. I’m back at break even on the remaining so I shorted them again.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve got a large chunk of my retirement in AMD, mostly stock with some calls.

I’ve got a good chunk in AST Spacemobile. A startup promising to bring 5G to your standard cell phone from LEO satellites. This is my retire 15 years early or work a couple more years fund.

Anyone investing in or shorting these companies?

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I’ve done that for a long time.

Hard to beat 14.5 percent interest currently. Just have to make sure your deal is set up well so you don’t get hosed if things go south. Everyone always plans to pay if everything goes good, but that doesn’t always occur.

I’ve learned if you can’t get yourself to get your money back if things don’t work, out pass on the deal. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Very hard to find the “right” deals

So true. We try to structure the deals so that if it goes south it’s even a bigger win but you have to have the stomach for it.

You guys are doing better than I am though. I’m averaging about 14%.

So true. We try to structure the deals so that if it goes south it’s even a bigger win but you have to have the stomach for it.

You guys are doing better than I am though. I’m averaging about 14%.

Used to always be in the 10-12 percent range for me, cost of conventional lending has pushed it up a little bit.

About 16 months ago I thought I wanted to transition a big chunk of money to index funds in a brokerage account so money can just grow, and not have to pay the income tax in gains each year.

Boy was that timing and plan off!

This has been a fun thread to watch the last couple years.

Lots of tidbits of info, like buying Ibonds when they were almost 10 percent interest.