The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Bowfisher

FNG
Traded VRCA, TOPS , FSLY out of the open this morning. 2 winners out of 3. TOPS and FSLY closed at at approx 0920 central, stops in for VRCA. Off to work.

4.89% of a Grizzly hunt secured this morning, haha

Beendare

WKR
Traded VRCA, TOPS , FSLY out of the open this morning. 2 winners out of 3. TOPS and FSLY closed at at approx 0920 central, stops in for VRCA. Off to work.

4.89% of a Grizzly hunt secured this morning, haha
Good for you, personally I don’t like buying stuff in the first hour of trading

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
From what I've read about Rivian they have a lot of issues to work out before I'd want to invest in them. Lots of people interested in their product but they can't seem to figure out production to deliver to everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

We have one of their SUV’s in my hood now.
77dde557a06e77e148d59172591e71ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
We have one of their SUV’s in my hood now.
77dde557a06e77e148d59172591e71ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I've seen a few around here too. My neighbor test drove one and then put an order in and I think he'll be lucky to get it in 18 months. They are making them, just not enough of them. They've missed production estimates several times and are getting a reputation for an unsafe work environment. Plus they've already had a recall.

I could be wrong but there are enough negative signs in there to make me steer clear of investing. Maybe they'll find a way to pull through it and their stock value will skyrocket but I don't see it happening in the near term.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Bowfisher

FNG
Good for you, personally I don’t like buying stuff in the first hour of trading
I would rather wait until the first 30 mins, and then find new breakouts for day trading, but I have found a few formations that I will jump in on minute 2-5 after the open and usually sell at the 30-45 min mark.

Then I re-scan for Opening Range Breakouts, OR's. Which is a fresh BO to the upside, ie new highs, AFTER the first 30 mins of trading.

As far as trading a slightly longer time frame, I like MNDY, got some yest on the fresh BO of the daily chart, I like the overall pattern. Will buy more on a pullback to the 21 ema.

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
JEPQ, SCHD and VUG for me gents.
Always bullish on Tesla and Amazon.

Yeah it looks like I’m actually getting north of 4.5% on MM funds right now, about 5% in this last two weeks. For anyone thinking about what to do with cash.

svivian

WKR
Yeah it looks like I’m actually getting north of 4.5% on MM funds right now, about 5% in this last two weeks. For anyone thinking about what to do with cash.
what institution are you using for your money market if you dont mind me asking. haven't seen any that high in my area.

what institution are you using for your money market if you dont mind me asking. haven't seen any that high in my area.
Schwab. They are advertising 4.48% right now but I think there’s a bit of a lag for their website to reflect current yield, and since rates have spiked this past two weeks I hand calculated the two week dividend I just got at about 4.9%.

My whole 2022 and 2023 Roth contributions are just sitting in MM funds right now. I definitely don’t trade in my retirement accounts, but I’m just waiting til perhaps it seems more “bottomy” in the market to move at least these last two years of contributions into SPY or VOO.