The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
i jumped back in on GTE when it was .87 a couple weeks ago and I too see it doing the same thing as last year where its going to make a run as prices go up and then drop. Maybe we do get lucky and it runs over $2 again. Wish they would come out and say if they are going to continue their share buy back program. Either way from my research we will continue to be bullish into the summer. Good luck friends
I believe that they have been buying back shares.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone buying into T-bills right now? I see it as a pretty safe investment that is getting 4% + returns on 26 week bills. I have bought a couple for large amounts and they have been pretty solid for money just sitting there. My stocks are lackluster at best right now, with a few good buys every so often. No state income taxes on T- bills are a plus as well. Weird time we are in when I think T bills and bonds are decent buys. haha

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Anyone buying into T-bills right now? I see it as a pretty safe investment that is getting 4% + returns on 26 week bills. I have bought a couple for large amounts and they have been pretty solid for money just sitting there. My stocks are lackluster at best right now, with a few good buys every so often. No state income taxes on T- bills are a plus as well. Weird time we are in when I think T bills and bonds are decent buys. haha
I've been parking my cash in treasuries (secondary market through my broker) with a maturity of no more than four weeks. Locking cash up for more than that with rates rising (and all the uncertainty) is too restrictive in these times IMO.

Eddie

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
I bought in November as a 4/8/ 13 week ladder. Currently I have been converting my 4 and 8 week bills to 13 week as they mature but now even the 4 and 8 week T-bills are over 4% and not far off the 13 and 26 Week rate so been thinking about going back to 4 and 8 week for more liquidity.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone buying CGXEF as its dropping today? Whats a decent entry point?
This is just my opinion that being a pink sheet it really rises and falls based on hype. So now that is falling i see this continuing to go under $1. When it gets below 80 cents, if it does then im going in on it. Then when they release the results of the wei-1 it will pop up, take the profit and buy some tags lol

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
Going to be some decisions to be made, with PR awarding what should be an almost $1-a-share special divi after Q1, gotta decide to bail or hold. Almost three years!

Who's left from 2020!? Bueller? Bueller?
Still have over 50K shares of PR that I purchased in 2020 plus another good chunk in my swing trade account. Holding out until May-June before deciding to sell to get a better idea of what the base dividend and special is going to be. Will be a tough decision to sell or not as I am currently sitting on enough profit after taxes to pay cash for a very nice house at 35yrs old, but hoping to get enough from dividend to use to pay mortgage while holding longer.

It has been a hard 3 years though and at one point was down about $28k.

Beendare

WKR
Broomed, I still check in every once in awhile.

I made some $$ on CDEV way back- thx for the. I don't do a lot of those small ones....Have you looked at SDPI? I don't own it....

I still own a large % of oil stuff in ETF's and individual stocks [OXY, HESS, CNQ] along with a couple pipelines- I just bought more CNQ 10 days ago. That oil is the reason I was positive for 2022...but I don't think we will see the % moves it had last year. Exxon just came out with monster eps. The latest reports on sector rotation; oil went from 1% owned to 8%...we aren't the only ones that know its going up.

I have some S&P index stuff that I'm getting ready to dump.

I will hold SQM and the oil stuff probably through the year.... my Semi stuff I will probably dump in a month or two....I think we will see a little more upside in TSM, TXN, QCOM, etc- the low PE semis which I bought in Dec- then I think these will fade mid year- maybe not. I haven't decided what to do with PTON- my biggest ST gainer. Its in my non tax so I can trade...but I think its poised for good eps and if the street values it as a subscription service vs a bike co, it should go over $20. Very risky here- beware.

I'm OK with locking in a double digit return now for the year, buying ST bonds- then cherry picking the low PE tech stuff...or waiting until valuations come down to earth. I mean, Cmon, TSLA at 35x earnings...its a car company for gads sake. I think staples like P&G and Coke will come in, valuations are just too high. Just look at MSFT- CEO says, '2 years', cloud earnings off and it makes up as much as 5% in the indexes. The easy money in enterprise software stuff is over.

been a while since posting in here - im still holding PR, looking for $12? maybe?

Also, LTH is finally gaining momentum.

Broomd

WKR
Still have over 50K shares of PR that I purchased in 2020 plus another good chunk in my swing trade account. Holding out until May-June before deciding to sell to get a better idea of what the base dividend and special is going to be. Will be a tough decision to sell or not as I am currently sitting on enough profit after taxes to pay cash for a very nice house at 35yrs old, but hoping to get enough from dividend to use to pay mortgage while holding longer.

It has been a hard 3 years though and at one point was down about $28k.
That is excellent, I remember those days being down about $10-15K.
When we finally cleared compliance at $1 and up about $10k wife and I whooping and hollering around the house.

Kudos for the diamond hands, if it were easy everyone would be wealthy!

been a while since posting in here - im still holding PR, looking for $12? maybe?

Also, LTH is finally gaining momentum.
Kudos, looking at $12 too. I want the special divi, but know how that works. Hold for the divi and then possibly down to $8 for 6 months. groan.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
That is excellent, I remember those days being down about $10-15K.
When we finally cleared compliance at $1 and up about $10k wife and I whooping and hollering around the house.

Kudos for the diamond hands, if it were easy everyone would be wealthy!

Kudos, looking at $12 too. I want the special divi, but know how that works. Hold for the divi and then possibly down to $8 for 6 months. groan.
You guys have diamond hands and i have cobalt! lol glad to hear you guys have some will power :)

Allllmost bought some SQQQ to short the NASDAQ at the end of the trading day today. I had my brokerage account open and the trade set up and everything, but I couldn't do it. I still think the market has tough days ahead and it's hard to time these things, but right this moment this bear market rally still feels like it has a lot of momentum, so NASDAQ could run another 500 points next week for all we know, it's not even taking met or exceeded earnings news right now, it's just taking "not as bad as we expected" to make tech stocks jump.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Still holding my PR. Great tip from this thread.

I bought some ARVL. Electric van company that’s been down. Bought at .25 and it went down to .14 but hit .95 a week later. 52 wk high is $4.83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brokerage is mostly in cash right now — any good ideas for low risk ways to earn a yield with high liquidity? I don’t want to open a new account to do a high yield savings, and I’m not certain I can deal with Treasuries through my Schwab account without involving brokers.

svivian

WKR
Still holding my PR. Great tip from this thread.

I bought some ARVL. Electric van company that’s been down. Bought at .25 and it went down to .14 but hit .95 a week later. 52 wk high is $4.83

Have you looked at the last two year trend on that stock?

Spoonbill

WKR
My brokerage is mostly in cash right now — any good ideas for low risk ways to earn a yield with high liquidity? I don’t want to open a new account to do a high yield savings, and I’m not certain I can deal with Treasuries through my Schwab account without involving brokers.
I own a few shares of schp, it is a bond etf that pays a monthly dividend. Its not exciting but it is a way to invest in bonds.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Have you looked at the last two year trend on that stock?

Yes but lots of those stocks have been trending down.

I’ve never bought penny stocks like these before but my moneys already doubled in two weeks. I’m not saying it’s going to continue but it’s better odds than playing the lottery.