The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

southLA

WKR
"The Louisiana State Bond Commission approved the issuance of up to $1.5 billion of tax-exempt financing for the construction of Origin 2, Origin Material's first world-scale manufacturing facility."

Nice little bump this AM.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Anyone putting money in CD's for 6mos to a year until the market figures itself out?
Just my humble opinion, but I would be hesitant to lock funds up for more than a month or so at a time since the FOMC has made it clear rates will continue to rise for the next few months and they meet monthly.

And as an FYI, I bought treasuries (with a maturity of one month) yesterday on the secondary market through my broker with YTM of 3.65%. Not the highest YTM I could have gotten, but given the short duration, and that the money is at least working some, I am okay with it.

Treasuries also have the benefit of not being subject to state or local income tax, which raises the YTM slightly for those folks that live in a state that taxes your income.

Eddie

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
CDs are starting to hit 3.5% to 4.5% on 12 month

I agree with the sentiments above about locking up money too long. For me, T-bills have a nice medium of yield and accessibility. I started laddering T-bills in November with rates varying from 3.8% to just above 4% for 4 weeks to about 4.45% for 13 Weeks. It can be a pain to track what the rate for each T-Bill is paying it out since it changes weekly and making sure the order is placed in time but it can and has been a nice yield boost. Doesn't apply to me but the maximums are also a lot larger than I-bonds

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
Wealthfront is currently at 3.8% for cash accounts and they have a convenient app that allows transferring money in and out of your bank spending accounts.

Wealthfront is currently at 3.8% for cash accounts and they have a convenient app that allows transferring money in and out of your bank spending accounts.
I'm not very knowledgeable, but I'm looking at something similar and don't really see a down side in the short term... keep access and earn a little while things are so uncertain/looking down. Thoughts?

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
I thought simply owning property didn’t make you a resident? Or am I missing something else regarding private land tags?

Oh since it’s the stock thread, keep an eye on ORGN.
When I looked at land in WY as a non-resident, the residency or lack thereof did not prohibit you from obtaining non-transferable Landowner Game tags. To be eligible for a tag there needed to be a threshold of days spent by a species on your land during the year which was determined by F&G. I really liked some land in the SW quadrant of WY but never pulled the trigger so I may be crossed up on the way it was which may be different than the way it is.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not very knowledgeable, but I'm looking at something similar and don't really see a down side in the short term... keep access and earn a little while things are so uncertain/looking down. Thoughts?
That was my experience when I used Wealthfront a couple years ago. I am currently struggling to get my bank account linked though and think it must be the 2FA holding things up.

OldGrayJB

WKR
QS Quantunscape finished last week with some solid gains. They recently shipped out some prototype EV batteries to auto makers for testing. Could be years before they turn a profit, but the market seems to be reacting positively to the news.

Anybody been watching or holding ALPP? Getting set for a run over the last week or so, updated filings are due by the 20th I believe. MMs appear to be clearing their books last week judging by trading patterns.

What stocks are people looking at that have dividends? Looking to go this route to "earn" a little extra as I am just starting in investing and trying to build my portfolio.

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
What stocks are people looking at that have dividends? Looking to go this route to "earn" a little extra as I am just starting in investing and trying to build my portfolio.
sort of depends on your need for the dividend income, how often you want to be paid out, if you care about capital appreciation/depreciation, and risk tolerance. My suggestion if you are starting out is get familiar with the dividend aristocrats list and look up some Dividend ETFs and see what makes up their portfolio or even just buy that Dividend ETF to help reduce risk by being all in one single stock dividends. I been burned in the past by dividend cuts and yield chasing on single dividend stocks.

Spoonbill

WKR
JNJ pays a solid dividend and it has never decreased its dividend, I own it in my IRA and have the dividends reinvest. Ford also pays a dividend and is a lot cheaper than JNJ but Ford has been known to stop its dividend payments.
ETFs will likely be a safer route and you won’t have to worry about a bad quarter stopping your dividend income.