The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
Finally took some profits...hesitant when more rally seems around the corner.
HLX popped...5k shares from 2.03 *poof*

Start thinking about buy-in again.

Sold my XOM and CVX yesterday to take profits but will likely jump back in oil soon. Does anyone like one more than the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
My biggest losers for the day were REYN, TSN, both down about 2%. Biggest winners were EVRI, INPX. I had 2 chances for 100% plus gains but hesitated to drop few thousand on them, I’m learning, slowly. Candles are easy to read past tense. When you’ve got 100 million volumes they are tough in real time moving that fast!

Okhotnik

WKR
My biggest losers for the day were REYN, TSN, both down about 2%. Biggest winners were EVRI, INPX. I had 2 chances for 100% plus gains but hesitated to drop few thousand on them, I’m learning, slowly. Candles are easy to read past tense. When you’ve got 100 million volumes they are tough in real time moving that fast!

They are. Ive gone back many times to see what happened and could see what I did wrong. Im just on my MacBook . I need another screen so have 2 screens up at once.

Thinking of investing in software to help with the high speed/volume trading. Its impossible for me to keep up on high volume/ volatile days.

Cashed out more stocks 3 k up from yesterday which is not too bad on a market like today. Mostly oil stocks. Should have made more and cashed a few stocks too early but better than a down day. Picked up more HTBX, REI and INO close to their lows today. I wish I picked up more ostk yesterday!!

Last edited:

dpat

FNG
Trevor,
Thanks again for the tips on VLO. Bought more yesterday premarket and I'm up 5.50 a share locked in a 65 sell price in case it drops lower. That's the fourth time I've bought and sold and made good money each time.

Trevor,
Thanks again for the tips on VLO. Bought more yesterday premarket and I'm up 5.50 a share locked in a 65 sell price in case it drops lower. That's the fourth time I've bought and sold and made good money each time.
On a week to week basis, you can make good gains just by buying and selling VLO only. There is (almost) always a $5+ swing every 5-7 days. Ive been doing it for years.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Stupid question from an ignoramus..are you guys mainly trading within a standard investment account or within a retirement account like a Roth IRA? Or both?

Stupid question from an ignoramus..are you guys mainly trading within a standard investment account or within a retirement account like a Roth IRA? Or both?
I’m trading with Webull and Robinhood. My retirement/401K stuff is all through Merrill Lynch. I just deposited money into my accounts to play with. I don’t use my 401K for day trading.

Okhotnik

WKR

Investment only for me.
I would not even consider this type of trading with a retirement account at my age. As others suggested will dump retirement back in after big correction or when market volatility is less. I put retirement in after March decline then pulled out end of April. Sitting on sidelines now.