The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Beendare

WKR
This market is so dependent on POMO it's nuts.....musical chairs for sure.

Fed reduced QE last week...market down. Who is going to pick up the slack with the Trillions in Treasuries that are going to hit the market? Crank up the printing presses.....

My guess is the bubble will get bigger.....ride it until the Fed says we are out of bullets.

The end of the Covid Pandemic might actually be bad news for stocks as the Fed will pull back.....our "Markets" are a manipulated mess.

______

Okhotnik

WKR
I took no profits in the last (almost) two weeks. And that's unusual as I try to average at least $300 a day profit aside from my long holdings. I guess I feel too much upside with most of my buy in prices to even bother with the guessing game. The up, the down.....
When the market finally rallies it will be very sweet, but it could be awhile, or it could be next Wednesday. Who really knows.

The CDEV/Waterbridge deal is a no go. Disappointing, but I'm okay with that, the price of oil at $30 today is the biggest thing for these shale concerns.
American gas and oil use and the opening of rigs is the crucial part and all of these should grow, some exponentially.
WB will pay CDEV $10 mil for bailing.

Surprised some of the bigger oil companies aren't trending up better with the price oil going up. I see WLL just filed bankruptcy.

Broomd

WKR
I am too.
WLL rocketed a few weeks ago with the announcement of BK. Go figure.
It's since come back to Earth.

Oil futures are edging up to $31 tonight, and if they keep chugging up we should see some movement with OXY, MRO, CHAP, CDEV. etc. Fingers crossed that we see some real correlation--and oil going to $40...

Okhotnik

WKR
I am too.
WLL rocketed a few weeks ago with the announcement of BK. Go figure.
It's since come back to Earth.

Oil futures are edging up to $31 tonight, and if they keep chugging up we should see some movement with OXY, MRO, CHAP, CDEV. etc. Fingers crossed that we see some real correlation--and oil going to $40...

I held on to some CHAP, GTE, NOG, XOG, WPX and added last week because of big drops. Kept some CDEV just for the heck of it. Futures are looking promising today and added to airlines last week because dropped so much. ( Need to recover some of my losses) Airlines , oil, gas up quite a bit premarket trading. Some good deals the last week I think

Hopefully a promising week and can take some profits

Clarktar

WKR
Hopefully SAVES gets up too 11ish and I can sell out of that one. Everything else are long term holds for me and all in the green.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a good morning for me. Every part of me wants to take the money and run but I’m going to hold for now...I think.

Okhotnik

WKR
It’s a good morning for me. Every part of me wants to take the money and run but I’m going to hold for now...I think.

Every week I say that lol. Still holding PayPal for long term and would like to say Delta. Could change with a tweet

Fun day so far. Let’s see if the bulls can bust through on the s&P 500 resistance at 3000?
I still feel a huge correction is coming. preparing myself with cash.
But, please understand I don’t know sH¥t! the market had mind if its own. Just a gut feeling with the way we’re printing money and inflationary concerns.

Okhotnik

WKR
I keep wondering if Boeing has used up its 9 lives yet. I Kept some in my TD Ameritrade account. I keep thinking its poised for comeback then knocked below 130

Okhotnik

WKR
Fun day so far. Let’s see if the bulls can bust through on the s&P 500 resistance at 3000?
I still feel a huge correction is coming. preparing myself with cash.
But, please understand I don’t know sH¥t! the market had mind if its own. Just a gut feeling with the way we’re printing money and inflationary concerns.

I think everyone is prepared as best as possible to pull out in another big correction. Cash is great now if debts ( higher interest )are paid off . I just bought a piece of land for cash and saved I think at least 10 k because I had cash ready for purchase.

Clarktar

WKR
Tempted to take profits today but thinking the run will last at least 2 days.
I hope so. SAVE is back down after a good high in the morning. Hopefully ng I can hit the 5 percent mark tomorrow and sell.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Tempted to take profits today but thinking the run will last at least 2 days.
I'm thinking/hoping so, too.
I'm going to pass on about 10K of profits today--hopefully we move tomorrow and beyond for a few K more.
Would be great to revisit those 4/29 highs.

I’ve watched OSTK drop down today into the $14-ish area. Trying to decide if I should scoop some up. Anyone have any thoughts on why it’s dropped today? I can’t really find any news that would cause a dump.

***ETA: I couldn’t resist.....I had to buy in just before closing. Caught it at $15.09. I’ll see what happens after hours.

Last edited: