The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

NDGuy

WKR
I'm 50/50 on Amazon. Did buy some Google and plan on adding a few more shares of that though.
I'd just wait, shaky market as is and most times after announcement it drops anyways after a few days. Look at google after announcing theirs for a recent example. Dropped nearly 10% since.

go_deep

WKR
EV land. Anyone who's interested and done some research what are a couple of the companies you narrowed down that you think are actually going to make it? Tesla is the obvious, but who else?

I bought back into LCID the other day at $24.74 average, but felt like maybe I over paid so I sold it $25.25 and looking to get back in closer to $22. My think on LCID is its range, plus it's more of a Cadillac or Lincoln of cars.

NIO is the other one I've zeroed in on, in general because it seems like they're more of a standard line that the average person can afford n along with actually producing product.

What's your guys thoughts on these or any other of the EV's?

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
EV land. Anyone who's interested and done some research what are a couple of the companies you narrowed down that you think are actually going to make it? Tesla is the obvious, but who else?

I bought back into LCID the other day at $24.74 average, but felt like maybe I over paid so I sold it $25.25 and looking to get back in closer to $22. My think on LCID is its range, plus it's more of a Cadillac or Lincoln of cars.

NIO is the other one I've zeroed in on, in general because it seems like they're more of a standard line that the average person can afford n along with actually producing product.

Some of the big American companies are getting in the EV market.

With the price of nickel, im not sure how good getting into the EV market is right now.

Broomd

WKR
Latest CDEV PT's from some heavies.
3/10/2022Piper SandlerBoost Price TargetNeutral$9.00 ➝ $10.00+18.34%
3/2/2022JPMorgan Chase & Co.Boost Price TargetNeutral$9.00 ➝ $10.00+13.51%

Going to hang in there, I want minimum $10's outta my CDEV, have come too far.
It's funny watching memes of oil market 'collapsing' as we float WTI between $108 and $114 today and gas at $5.00+ in many places.
Clown world.

Johnboy

WKR

It's funny watching memes of oil market 'collapsing' as we float WTI between $108 and $114 today and gas at $5.00+ in many places.
Clown world.
@Broomd, do you think reduced consumption due to high gas prices (see discussion in general forum about skipping road trips for hunting) might offset oilers' financial upside from increased crude price? I'm just wondering if there's a tipping point that will bring it all down, which has me teetering. Too much of a "good" thing?

Broomd

WKR
@Broomd, do you think reduced consumption due to high gas prices (see discussion in general forum about skipping road trips for hunting) might offset oilers' financial upside from increased crude price? I'm just wondering if there's a tipping point that will bring it all down, which has me teetering. Too much of a "good" thing?
It's funny that you ask that, I was telling wife something similar yesterday. But after 2.5 years of covid madness people want to travel, cruise, drive. Thinking that there wil be some paring back in contrast to what we may have seen in '18, '19...but too many are tired of bring cooped up since Feb '20.
We haven't fished our normal NW Ontario hotspot in several years and are hoping for an open border in spite of Trudeau's Nazis.....don't care if gas is $6 a gallon, which it is in Canada for sure, we're going.

Clown world.
Right there with ya Broomd. Been in it since you suggested it. Holding for double digits.

BBob

WKR
If the freaking traffic on the highways is any indication of that I'd give it a big hell no right now. People are giving Covid, Ukraine, gas prices, etc.. the big F You :)

It's funny that you ask that, I was telling wife something similar yesterday. But after 2.5 years of covid madness people want to travel, cruise, drive. Thinking that there wil be some paring back in contrast to what we may have seen in '18, '19...but too many are tired of bring cooped up since Feb '20.
We haven't fished our normal NW Ontario hotspot in several years and are hoping for an open border in spite of Trudeau's Nazis.....don't care if gas is $6 a gallon, which it is in Canada for sure, we're going.

I live near the border and really only pick up the Canadian radio stations, as of last week it was around $2.10 a liter, that is in Vancouver. I’m away for work, so I’m sure it’s higher now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
If the freaking traffic on the highways is any indication of that I'd give it a big hell no right now. People are giving Covid, Ukraine, gas prices, etc.. the big F You :)
Prices have been high for a few months. Give it a year or wait until gas goes to $5-6.

But might be a wash, enough well off people sick of sitting around might counteract the people not well off. I know I am winding back any extra purchases. Spooky times right now, $1000/month+ on groceries and gas isn't sustainable for a lot of people.

Prices have been high for a few months. Give it a year or wait until gas goes to $5-6.

But might be a wash, enough well off people sick of sitting around might counteract the people not well off. I know I am winding back any extra purchases. Spooky times right now, $1000/month+ on groceries and gas isn't sustainable for a lot of people.
We're doing the exact opposite. I figure costs are only going to keep going up. The real inflation rate is closer to 16% using the 1980's formula.

We've ordered new vehicles for myself and the wife. Our trips for the coming year having been planned out and airfare purchased. We've thoroughly stocked up on food and dry goods.

We usually live pretty thrifty, but with stagflation on the doorstep, we are trying to bring forward any large purchases we can anticipate for next year or two.

Personal finance contango.

NDGuy

WKR
We're doing the exact opposite. I figure costs are only going to keep going up. The real inflation rate is closer to 16% using the 1980's formula.

We've ordered new vehicles for myself and the wife. Our trips for the coming year having been planned out and airfare purchased. We've thoroughly stocked up on food and dry goods.

We usually live pretty thrifty, but with stagflation on the doorstep, we are trying to bring forward any large purchases we can anticipate for next year or two.

Personal finance contango.
I said extra purchases, a vehicle is typically essential (outside of being new). Food is also essential? lol

We can't afford vacations on a normal year so that's frivolous for us.

But yes any large purchases that are essential would be a good idea to snag if you can afford it now.

Tesla is a no brainer. They have a huge head start. The American startups? I wouldn't bet on any of them at their current prices. Rivian tried to save themselves last week by jacking up the price of their trucks for people that already had reservations by $12K to $20K. That went over about how you would expect and 1 day later they relented. So they are likely going to lose money on every one they send out the door. That and just now:

March 10 (Reuters) - Rivian Automotive Inc (RIVN.O) warned on Thursday that supply-chain issues could cut its planned production in half in 2022 to 25,000 vehicles, sending shares of the EV maker down more than 12% in extended trading.

Volkswagen is probably the only legacy auto manufacturer that has taken the EV push very seriously. They have a good start and are selling EV models in quantity.

From an investment standpoint I would seriously look at the Chinese manufacturers. China has taken EV production as a matter of national pride and fully intends to be the world provider of EVs. We are used to laughing at Chinese manufacturing quality just like we used to laugh at the junk that Japan made in the 80s. Japan came along with cheaper smaller cars and ate up the market share on the low end where Ford, GM couldn't made profitable vehicles. Then Japan started bringing quality. Then Japan came for the higher end segments of the market.

China intends to do the same thing and they are already producing some pretty nice EVs at price points that are really going to hurt GM, Ford, Toyota, etc.

Take BYD for instance. Last February they sold roughly 10,000 EVs. February 2022 and they sold 94,000 EVs/highbreds. They also recently signed an agreement to supply Tesla with 10GWh of their LFP blade batteries to Giga Shanghai which will allow Tesla to shift battery capacity to Giga Berlin while they ramp production. The BYD Han EV is a well slated product for mass consumption with the base model boasting 376 miles of range and a price of $32,800.

BYD, Xpeng, Nio... The Chinese are coming.

Take it for what you paid for it and do your own research.

Bought into VALE recently. Second largest miner of nickel in the world. Pays a healthy dividend. Seems to have solid financials. Nickel prices have shot through the roof recently in case you hadn’t heard and is used heavily in electric cars.

pc3

WKR
Battery Metal Stocks; ASX

Pilbara Minerals (PLS) future downstream opportunities' with POSCO & Calix one of the largest Hard Rock Li mines on the planet. Will be a behemoth in the future. Currently trading circa $2.90 AUD per share, cheap given the revenue expected in coming couple of years circa $1B

Renascor Resources (RNU) largest graphite deposit outside of China. Federal Government through clean energy fund have allocated $185M of the $205M required to build the mine. Will produce PSG (value added product) for battery anodes. Graphite shortage impending. Currently trading circa 0.27c AUD per share Will emulate the growth/development of the latter stock mentioned for mine.

NDGuy

WKR
ABML is a neat company I was in them for awhile but stop lossed when they went well below $1

Might look to get back in. The recycle lithium batteries.

Last edited: