The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

lak2004

WKR
Bought a few shares of WULF, up 9ver 25%. Sure wish I would have had a little more in it!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ncstewart

WKR
Anyone have anything positive happing today? I need a feel good story. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold off some oil stocks when the markets opened this morning before it dropped too bad- Dumb move? Anyone have any leads of a good place to stick the money for the time being?

Broomd

WKR
Sold off some oil stocks when the markets opened this morning before it dropped too bad- Dumb move? Anyone have any leads of a good place to stick the money for the time being?
Day to add, not sell imho....but, if you're swing trader and timed it right....

Have seen this so many times over the last two years.....hedges and shorts relish the fear selling; it's how they pilfer and get rich.

Cathie Woods of ARKK last week doubled down on her $12 brl oil forecast. This is the lady who last Spring said $77 was the top for oil.
Her fund today at $52.29, below is the 5 year chart. I think she's down a cool billion.
Was is it with people with doubling down on bad calls? It must be a pride thing, I just don't get it.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_21af.jpg

Last edited:
Day to add, not sell imho....but, if you're swing trader and timed it right....

Have seen this so many times over the last two years.....hedges and shorts relish the fear selling; it's how they pilfer and get rich.

Cathie Woods of ARKK last week doubled down on her $12 brl oil forecast. This is the lady who last Spring said $77 was the top for oil.
Her fund today at $52.29, below is the 5 year chart. I think she's down a cool billion.
Was is it with people with doubling down on bad calls? It must be a pride thing, I just don't get it.

View attachment 391262
Luckily I timed it well before everything dropped much- I may buy back in at a better cost than I sold. I'm still a newb at this stuff.

I’ve read a couple of articles today talking about the EU banning crypto specifically PoW. Not sure if it’s all fud but might see BTC and ETH soften some more. On the other side PoH and PoS might see an uptick, like SOL and ADA

KsRancher

WKR
Don't think I have seen this one mentioned on this thread. TWLO is a stock I was looking at before its ipo and was encouraged to buy. And I didn't. It started out around $20 and ran up to around $60. Then they did a split, and it ran up to over $400. Now it has sold WAY of to $125. Anyone have any of it? Or anyone buying it?

Broomd

WKR
You keep posting this and I keep kicking myself in the ass. That .75 average would have looked really good right now.
Well, like the rest of 'em, these guys are just talking heads. But it helps to instill some confidence; in the end no one really knows.
It'll come down to this damn virus and current events, nationally and globally.

I want out so bad I can taste it, but expect fair value for my shares.

CorbLand

WKR
Well, like the rest of 'em, these guys are just talking heads. But it helps to instill some confidence; in the end no one really knows.
It'll come down to this damn virus and current events, nationally and globally.

I want out so bad I can taste it, but expect fair value for my shares.
I know, I just would have made a shitload more money if I had held.

I keep telling my brother that there was only one person that predicted what happened in 2008. Everyone else kept saying that housing would never crash and that it only goes up.

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
Don't think I have seen this one mentioned on this thread. TWLO is a stock I was looking at before its ipo and was encouraged to buy. And I didn't. It started out around $20 and ran up to around $60. Then they did a split, and it ran up to over $400. Now it has sold WAY of to $125. Anyone have any of it? Or anyone buying it?
Good company, but like most high growth, high valuation names, rising rates make tough environment. Long term play?

Got into JASMY on the way down at 0.013 and enjoying this ride back up. This one was pushed down for better buying which makes the charts look terrible. I do expect it to run further if the big guys stay in the green. I think I might consider this a long term hold with what I have left over after I take some profits and see where it goes.

Still high long term hopes for AMP, SOL and Matic. Dumped my Iotex at a break even. Looking hard at COVAL if anyone has an opinion on this one. Looks like some real world use

Got into JASMY on the way down at 0.013 and enjoying this ride back up. This one was pushed down for better buying which makes the charts look terrible. I do expect it to run further if the big guys stay in the green. I think I might consider this a long term hold with what I have left over after I take some profits and see where it goes.

Still high long term hopes for AMP, SOL and Matic. Dumped my Iotex at a break even. Looking hard at COVAL if anyone has an opinion on this one. Looks like some real world use

Looks like JASMY did well for you.

I’m still adding BTC, SOL, and MATIC. I do have AMP, but have stopped adding. I looked briefly at COVAL lots to take in on their tokenomics link. I’m trying to understand why someone would want to trade Eth for COVAL, what’s the benefit, and where does that even happen?

I typically don’t look to much out of the top 100, and rarely do I buy outside of the top 50.

I took advantage of the down day for oil prices yesterday to follow Warren Buffett's lead and buy some Oxy for less than he paid for it this past week. Seems to me that unfortunately we are not done with triple digit oil prices, especially with summer coming up.

Last edited: