The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Pflum

FNG
Yep, Boeing dropped down to $150ish I believe in October, I knew I should buy more, I talked about buying more, I didn't buy more.

WRO

WKR
I had some fun with dogecoin this weekend..

Doubled my play on the Shiba emu bitcoin ..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Starting to think about Monday now. Got some buys in for ZNOG, OCGN and NKLA trying for some shorter term gains, and will see what Boeing does, but probably pick up a few more shares for a longer term hold.

I'm a low volume trader but dang its been a fun ride so far.

I'm not sure NKLA won't take a dip again but im feeling better about their outlook in the short to mid term. Not sure I plan to hold longer term but we will see if they can get some good news.

Really hoping for news out of ZNOG, but I wouldn't mind one more dip so I get 1 more small buy in first...

I think Boeing is still a pretty safe long term bet. The 737 max has had some better news these last few weeks, and hopefully passanger movements can start increasing soon. Wish I had bought more at $140 (or been smart/fast enough to buy at $89).
I picked up some NKLA last week when it dropped down below 14. Hoping it priced in all of the recent bad news. I think AXAS is a buy in again. Picked up more last Friday at 2.27

22lr

WKR
I picked up some NKLA last week when it dropped down below 14. Hoping it priced in all of the recent bad news. I think AXAS is a buy in again. Picked up more last Friday at 2.27

Ya, I was too caught up thinking NKLA was going to go sub $10 so I didn't buy at the lowest, but I think it's going to show some semi decent recovery. Definetly not jumping back to $90 anytime soon, but may get back to a semi reasonable $20ish. They still hold a decent number of patents that gives them some viability.

Okhotnik

WKR
Ya, I was too caught up thinking NKLA was going to go sub $10 so I didn't buy at the lowest, but I think it's going to show some semi decent recovery. Definetly not jumping back to $90 anytime soon, but may get back to a semi reasonable $20ish. They still hold a decent number of patents that gives them some viability.
Since I bought NKLA it will now drop below 10. You can thank me later

mwebs

WKR
Guys i know I’m like a broken record on OCGN, but BB just received a recommendation for EUA in India. This should be a very nice catalyst for some serious growth Monday morning, then we should hopefully see a bump for 10 day compliance in the next week or so, and then we’ll see if any other western countries inquire about covaxin. Its looking like this will start moving up weekly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chatter seems to be increasing on this one, you think this will go crazy pre market? I can only jump in 30 mins prior to opening so hoping it’s not to ridiculous by then..

Beendare

WKR
I can’ t help but wonder how you guys are doing on a tax adjusted basis?

it would cost me darn near 60% here in Ca to daytrade.

I look at the money supply moves and what the Biden admin is going to do. Big corps will kill it in the next four years. Yellen is easy money good for markets until it isnt- but thats a ways off. . Tech, China will do well ... and many big industry types will recover- so industrials and materials.

Im rebalancing my tech heavy portfolio tomorrow primarily with ETFs in Materials, industrials and China sectors. I will still hold a big % in tech but its RUN up so much (90% of my portfolio) a rebalancing is in order for me. FIDU,RTM, CQQQ, and moving some single stock tech to XITK and XNTK.... I already own CIBR, PSJ and SKYY. I might be back out of the tech stuff by Spring- we shall see but probably hold the other stuff. I own some single stocks but cant reccommend those as they have run up so much.

cross your fingers Biden doesnt go after cap gains.

Beendare

WKR
My advice to you guys afraid to invest or just getting in to this:

Last yr was an anomoly for day traders. It will continue with the Robinhood trend but always ends badly for 95% of guys.

Before you start day trading, look at ETFs. These a big baskets of companies, some concentrated, some diversified. For example: XNTK is tech stocks, very diversified, no one company over 3%, with a 27% annualized return for the last 5 yrs.

EastMT

WKR
I’ve been day trading 3 years, the taxes really aren’t that bad if you live in a zero tax state. We typically have a lower cost of living, thus a lower income, lower tax brackets. My usually effective tax rate is around 10%, so having short term gains added to that, not really a big deal.

I agree, most money should be in IRA(I can chose funds and move), 401k, etf. If people just bought assorted ETF’s that have a good history every check and never looked, they’d do just fine as long as they aren’t panic sellers.

If you can make similar money outside CA, it’s time to leave with all the others, it’s much more fun not having to worry about taxes.

7e6e4ddd8e3d7cb0f9ae1cbaff93cd10.jpg

Last edited:
Think OCGN will run again? I sold to take profits but I like the company so might get back in for a longer term hold.

EastMT

WKR
Think OCGN will run again? I sold to take profits but I like the company so might get back in for a longer term hold.

I don’t know, do some research on the covaxin. It’s anyone’s guess how that will go, there are deg some questions about the efficacy of the dose. If they prove its great, then it will be good.

WRO

WKR
I don’t know, do some research on the covaxin. It’s anyone’s guess how that will go, there are deg some questions about the efficacy of the dose. If they prove its great, then it will be good.

This will spark a run tomorrow..

Lou Sid

FNG
Anyone here buying spac warrants? Seems like if you focus only on spacs with good quality management, and only buy under $1.50 or so whi h is hard to find these days but theres some out there, that you have a good shot at 100-800% gains within a year.

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Should be a run tomorrow morning, now Brazil is trying to get in on Covaxin too. The 10 day compliance is the 7th so there should be a jolt there too. Didn’t another company just shoot up on the 10 day last week that y’all were talking about? They halted it like all day. Hopefully we see a bunch of halts tomorrow with OCGN. I’m in at .40 and ain’t sellin till it’s over 30.00. Playing with house money on this one.

WRO

WKR
Should be a run tomorrow morning, now Brazil is trying to get in on Covaxin too. The 10 day compliance is the 7th so there should be a jolt there too. Didn’t another company just shoot up on the 10 day last week that y’all were talking about? They halted it like all day. Hopefully we see a bunch of halts tomorrow with OCGN. I’m in at .40 and ain’t sellin till it’s over 30.00. Playing with house money on this one.

I'd sell at the dip on Wednesday, buy back in on the fall, and catch the next run.

These small bios scare the shit out of me.