The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know if that made sense, if you have $1000, use $500 Monday for one $500 trade or 5 $100 day trades. Then $250 tues/wed. You are allowed more then the stated 3 day trade limit, but can only use each portion for 2 day trades per week, keeping you within the SEC comm 3 day trade rule by skirting, calling each portion its own separate entity essentially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I sound noobish here, but you are referring margin users here correct?

My understanding is that if you are using all your own cash these rules do not effect you

“The rules adopt the term "pattern day trader," which includes any margin customer that day trades (buys then sells or sells short then buys the same security on the same day) four or more times in five business days, provided the number of day trades are more than six percent of the customer's total trading activity for that same five-day period. Under the rules, a pattern day trader must maintain minimum equity of $25,000 on any day that the customer day trades. The required minimum equity must be in the account prior to any day-trading activities. If the account falls below the $25,000 requirement, the pattern day trader will not be permitted to day trade until the account is restored to the $25,000 minimum equity level.“

cmahoney

WKR

My understanding is that if you are using all your own cash these rules do not effect you

“The rules adopt the term "pattern day trader," which includes any margin customer that day trades (buys then sells or sells short then buys the same security on the same day) four or more times in five business days, provided the number of day trades are more than six percent of the customer's total trading activity for that same five-day period. Under the rules, a pattern day trader must maintain minimum equity of $25,000 on any day that the customer day trades. The required minimum equity must be in the account prior to any day-trading activities. If the account falls below the $25,000 requirement, the pattern day trader will not be permitted to day trade until the account is restored to the $25,000 minimum equity level.“

In a non margin account your cash has to settle for a few days after you sell.

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
Just dropping in to give a big thank you to WRO for the AMRH tip. Looked into it last night, liked what I saw and picked up 3000 shares at $1.77. Sold some at $3, $3.50, and $4.00 at close, held 1000. May grab another thousand if I can get them in the right place pre-market, but I'm expecting a selloff once the news breaks and I'm pretty damn content with this trade already. Today's gains put me up almost 800% since March.
maybe i missed it, but what news?

Reactions: WRO

BBob

WKR

If you don’t have a margin account your cash from a sale will be held in a sweep account. Typically your account info will show the amount you currently have invested, the amount that is in sweep and funds available for trading. After being held 48 hrs the funds in the sweep will become available for trading.

Well, XRP just dropped .05 in a matter of 15 mins from .28 to .23 with the announcement that coinbase will suspend trading it on Jan 19th. What's the play now?

Looks like I’ll be transferring my xrp to BlockFi. Been meaning to do that anyway.
PS- had my btc in BlockFi because of interest you can earn while parked there.
Just found out they do not accommodate XRP.
I’ll try to find another platform and report back

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Will be interesting to watch XRP over the next few years

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks like I’ll be transferring my xrp to BlockFi. Been meaning to do that anyway.
PS- had my btc in BlockFi because of interest you can earn while parked there.
Just found out they do not accommodate XRP.
I’ll try to find another platform and report back

Anyone know if you can store xrp in an offline wallet like a trezor?

I’ll do a little searching and see what I can find...

After a quick search it looks like a couple offline hardware wallet options for storing xrp are the ledger nano s and trezor model T (the trezor one does not support xrp...of course it’s the one I have too )

The email I got is that you’ll still be able to hold Ripple in coinbase just not trade it. I moved mine to BTC 10% more than I bought it for. It’s testing and resisting off that low. If it breaks I think it goes to .18 and consolidates. then I may get back in.

I have made a bunch of money short selling it in MT4 the last couple hours 😃

WRO

WKR
What is the play on this AMRH stock? I own a good chunk and am trying to decide if I sell pre market or wait for the news?
Take your money and run.

Should've sold near 4.00.

Don't look at the long play, just look at it as extra money you didn't have yesterday.

Even if it makes it long term, you can keep making plays like this and beat any stock out there damn near..

I'm up 480% this year, not many stocks have done this, especially ones id consider good long term holds.

Last edited:
Well, XRP just dropped .05 in a matter of 15 mins from .28 to .23 with the announcement that coinbase will suspend trading it on Jan 19th. What's the play now?
I figure it has too much big corporation tied to it so it won’t tank completely as in never to be seen again. Then again I know next to nothing, but I do have Coinbase pro account😂