The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

My current stock market trading strategy is the same as my old bar hopping strategy, not looking for Mrs right, just Mrs right now.

I'm really gun shy in long term holds right now, just keeping my powder dry for the inevitable crash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Good call on AMRH. Wish I would have jumped in. Had a couple other tickers I was after and missed the boat. Love seeing guys giving solid picks.

WRO

WKR
NMTR will be the runner tomorrow..

Phase 3 ceilac study and big capital partner buy in..

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
still holding a few hundred shares i picked up this morning @ open

Honest question, do you scale out and lock some profits or do you hold most longer term? Most of these quick pops I see drop back really about as fast as they jump, how do you manage that?

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
Honest question, do you scale out and lock some profits or do you hold most longer term? Most of these quick pops I see drop back really about as fast as they jump, how do you manage that?
I try and hold some longer term (per TD Ameritrade account, I can't day trade unless my account has $25k in it (which i can assure you it does not!)) Usually hold for a week-ish and then cash out on to the next play. I do have some pot stocks i've had for a couple years now....those are the best way to go from 50% in the green to 98% in the red...

EastMT

WKR
I try and hold some longer term (per TD Ameritrade account, I can't day trade unless my account has $25k in it (which i can assure you it does not!)) Usually hold for a week-ish and then cash out on to the next play. I do have some pot stocks i've had for a couple years now....those are the best way to go from 50% in the green to 98% in the red...

Ok so how people manage that to get around day trade rules, is play the settlement game. For the portion you want to use for scalp/day trade, you use 50% Monday, 25% Tuesday, 25% Wednesday, then Thursday your Monday money has settled and you are ready to go again. That’s how we play it on Webull and have unlimited day trades with that portion. I think TD has the same settlement times to prevent excessive day trading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Need GTE and TNXP to pop a bit so I can sell and move on to some others. Currently I'm locked up now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I don’t know if that made sense, if you have $1000, use $500 Monday for one $500 trade or 5 $100 day trades. Then $250 tues/wed. You are allowed more then the stated 3 day trade limit, but can only use each portion for 2 day trades per week, keeping you within the SEC comm 3 day trade rule by skirting, calling each portion its own separate entity essentially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
Watch for RMO to list tomorrow, it could match the XL pattern. Its the stock from the RMG SPAC.

Just dropping in to give a big thank you to WRO for the AMRH tip. Looked into it last night, liked what I saw and picked up 3000 shares at $1.77. Sold some at $3, $3.50, and $4.00 at close, held 1000. May grab another thousand if I can get them in the right place pre-market, but I'm expecting a selloff once the news breaks and I'm pretty damn content with this trade already. Today's gains put me up almost 800% since March.