The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
CDEV is an emotional roller coaster
:D
It used to bug the hell outta me to see the fluctuations, not so much now.

It was one of those weird market days, Germany is again under cov-19 lockdown, maybe that added some uncertainty.
Bailed outta TRCH with a slight profit, that merger may bear fruit but I quickly tired of the Micky Mouse Robinhood bullsh t.. I loathe fad and meme stocks and that one was a goner from the start.

Started a position in TWI at LOD, down 25% today....wanted in the 3's, but...

EastMT

WKR
:D
It used to bug the hell outta me to see the fluctuations, not so much now.

It was one of those weird market days, Germany is again under cov-19 lockdown, maybe that added some uncertainty.
Bailed outta TRCH with a slight profit, that merger may bear fruit but I quickly tired of the Micky Mouse Robinhood bullsh t.. I loathe fad and meme stocks and that one was a goner from the start.

Started a position in TWI at LOD, down 25% today....wanted in the 3's, but...

TWI has been a killer since spring, I sold for 100%, should have waited lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
I am a market greenhorn testing my theories on a trading simulator before diving in with real money. This is "fun money" not retirement, bill or emergency money.
I have had a modest return with oil and green stocks so far. My question is with Phyzer....with the emergency approval of the vaccine, why wouldn't it respond positively today? Overall market conditions today or simply has the vaccine been priced in already and people taking profits?
So far I have been mostly buying and holding (for just the short while I have been sampling) I tried a day trade move with Phyzer and got creamed! Glad it was in a simulator account. Thats not to say it won't come back tomorrow but like I said, this was just a day speculation.
Thanks for any responses.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I put a little money in three foreign funds- EWG (Germany), CXSE (China), and FPBFX (Japan).

I did it to diversify from exclusive US holdings and get a sense of investing outside this country.

EastMT

WKR
I am a market greenhorn testing my theories on a trading simulator before diving in with real money. This is "fun money" not retirement, bill or emergency money.
I have had a modest return with oil and green stocks so far. My question is with Phyzer....with the emergency approval of the vaccine, why wouldn't it respond positively today? Overall market conditions today or simply has the vaccine been priced in already and people taking profits?
So far I have been mostly buying and holding (for just the short while I have been sampling) I tried a day trade move with Phyzer and got creamed! Glad it was in a simulator account. Thats not to say it won't come back tomorrow but like I said, this was just a day speculation.
Thanks for any responses.

We had a lot of people get taken to the cleaners in PFE with that drop today, last couple days. Luckily we locked our options profits early. If you look on WB charts, there were some very large dumps yesterday at intervals, 4 mil, 1.25 mil, 4mil, someone was scaling out of a huge position.(wasn’t me haha).

Pfizer has about 55 billion in revenue, so if the vax gets them another 5-10 billion, in theory that would be a 10-20% rise in revenue, so that’s no a giant leap, that’s my thinking on why it didn’t go crazy like MRNA. I could be wrong, but I think it could see steady growth as earnings come in with YOY growth.

EastMT

WKR
Yes, it has.

I've been in and outta that one, thanks to your heads up early on.

I forget who it was, but this spring someone’s wanted to make some profit to pay off school loans, I told them if they put it in TWI on this huge dip and forget about it they will get it done. I hope they did!

Anyone currently eyeing anything? Been kind of a slow week for me. Took some profits off TLSS this morning. Thought maybe things would have been a little more exciting today with Moderna vaccine and the electoral college officially giving Biden their votes. Need Congress to get the t together on a stimulus package. Things will really take off.

Broomd

WKR
Anyone currently eyeing anything? Been kind of a slow week for me. Took some profits off TLSS this morning. Thought maybe things would have been a little more exciting today with Moderna vaccine and the electoral college officially giving Biden their votes. Need Congress to get the t together on a stimulus package. Things will really take off.

ACY has been solid today, up 30% at open. it's one of my swingers.
Popped a quick $2K profit this a.m.
Just missed a double dip buy in of $2.35....it likes to pop to high $2's / low $3's, but be sure to HAVE A SELL ORDER IN. That stock doesn't act like normal stocks, it has sporadic hesitations in the price quotes.
Just when you think you can catch it with your manual 'sell' it's history. And selling via 'market' will screw you out of a few cents every time.

Edit>>>buy order just hit $2.36....I'll pop a sell in at $2.70--just for today, see what happens. Might double up!

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
I picked up some SLS real early PM, scaled out in the 7.40’s for .75 a share profit. As soon as I sold it ran to $8.40’s hahaha. Like 10 min early!

EIGR is a stock that has good bounce to it. Seems to always have 1.50-2.00 per share swing. I wouldn't grab it right now but try to grab it at $9 and sell at 10.50-11

EastMT

WKR
Any reason to hold LAZR?

The only thing I read was the order they were supposed to get may have fallen through, as the company thinks they can make the LIDAR cheaper, but that was this afternoon, haven’t read anything since

Mnkkq has had amazing swings. Usually one 50% swing or so per week.
Thbr is a Spac but semi conductor based company with a billion in sales. Just catching fire.
I know some folks hate it but HYLN has been severely beat down for a long hold. Nothing short term.
I’m waiting for SPi to pump/dump again.
Puts on sfix. Ran up way to fast

Last edited:

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody in on FANG also in on RTLR or VNOM? I've been perusing midstream companies but haven't had much time to dig deep on RTLR yet.

Mnkkq has had amazing swings. Usually one 50% swing or so per week.
Thbr is a Spac but semi conductor based company with a billion in sales. Just catching fire.
I know some folks hate it but HYLN has been severely beat down for a long hold. Nothing short term.
I’m waiting for SPi to pump/dump again.
Puts on sfix. Ran up way to fast

I’ve noticed sfix as well. Any specific date/price you’re looking at for those puts?

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
ACY has been solid today, up 30% at open. it's one of my swingers.
Popped a quick $2K profit this a.m.
Just missed a double dip buy in of $2.35....it likes to pop to high $2's / low $3's, but be sure to HAVE A SELL ORDER IN. That stock doesn't act like normal stocks, it has sporadic hesitations in the price quotes.
Just when you think you can catch it with your manual 'sell' it's history. And selling via 'market' will screw you out of a few cents every time.

Edit>>>buy order just hit $2.36....I'll pop a sell in at $2.70--just for today, see what happens. Might double up!
Currently at $2.15. You buying?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk