The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
$44-$50 is what they told hosts, who will get an exclusive buy in tonight.

Will update after I buy some. Wish I had more free cash atm...

Nice. Wish I could get in at the price. Who knows what it will be before I get a crack at it. Markets open early up here in AK.

OXN939

WKR
$44-$50 is what they told hosts, who will get an exclusive buy in tonight.

Will update after I buy some. Wish I had more free cash atm...
Damn that is a hell of a perk. $68 is pretty rich, but I might still hop on it right at the opening bell. That's one that I can see going really wild long term.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
It's taking me some will power to hold onto CDEV and FANG. Trying to see where these go. I could build myself a new rifle right now..

Clarktar

WKR
If GTE ever gets to .45 I'm selling out of that one!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BuckHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone in on ghiv? Looks like its gaining steam, I bought 500 shares this morning at 11.09 a share. My first attempt at one of these spacs so we will see..

Okhotnik

WKR
AXAS, LPI, GTE, SM, FET, CDEV and GUSH ( a long term play for the heck of it) rocked it the past week. Finally sold my remaining 2500 shares of SAVE when it hit 27. Might Sell GTE when it hits .55

I bought a few more shares of PayPal , Citrix on low yesterday. I bought one share of airbnb at 142 for the heck of it.

When to cash out?

Still waiting on Nikola

Thanks again Broom on CDEV, the gift that keeps on giving.

Ive bought and sold 6 times now . I remember when it was down again in the low .50's in Sept and was nervous but just picked up a bunch more.

Last edited:

Johnboy

WKR
Tax question for you chaps: My super-savvy investment techniques have left me having taken profits from some winners, while still holding bags of some losers in hopes of turnaround, leaving me in the green for the year in the "realized" gain/loss tally, which will be taxed accordingly. Should I sell some losers to offset the gains? What does convention say to do?

Okhotnik

WKR
Tax question for you chaps: My super-savvy investment techniques have left me having taken profits from some winners, while still holding bags of some losers in hopes of turnaround, leaving me in the green for the year in the "realized" gain/loss tally, which will be taxed accordingly. Should I sell some losers to offset the gains? What does convention say to do?
Id run it by your accountant. I can can ask my friend who is a tax CPA.

I think the max for the year for 2020 is still $3000 in deductions. Did you have you stocks you sold and made gains on hold over a year?

Not sure if it's been discussed on here lately & I'm not gonna read 3,737 posts but I'm interested to hear thoughts on TSLA It's gone insane over the past year & after a 5-1 split its up to $627. Today JP Morgan came out with a price target of $90. WTH? I've always been intrigued by Musk &he's kind of a nut but he gets shit done. I bought a chunk a little while back almost as a joke with a friend that if I made enough off the stock to buy a Model S performance I was gonna do it. Well damn, if it keeps up at this rate it might just happen.

Last edited:

rob86jeep

WKR
I'm no tax expert, but why would you ever sell at a loss to offset taxes? I think of it as giving someone $1,000 to get $500 back... Maybe someone smarter than me can explain it in a way that makes sense, but I've never understood why anybody would think that was advantageous.

Okhotnik

WKR
I'm no tax expert, but why would you ever sell at a loss to offset taxes? I think of it as giving someone $1,000 to get $500 back... Maybe someone smarter than me can explain it in a way that makes sense, but I've never understood why anybody would think that was advantageous.
I've had a few riskier stocks I lost money this year in stop loss orders. One Im glad I did because it went teats up the other I should have been more patient.

Broomd

WKR
AXAS, LPI, GTE, SM, FET, CDEV and GUSH ( a long term play for the heck of it) rocked it the past week. Finally sold my remaining 2500 shares of SAVE when it hit 27. Might Sell GTE when it hits .55

I bought a few more shares of PayPal , Citrix on low yesterday. I bought one share of airbnb at 142 for the heck of it.

When to cash out?

Still waiting on Nikola

Thanks again Broom on CDEV, the gift that keeps on giving.

Ive bought and sold 6 times now . I remember when it was down again in the low .50's in Sept and was nervous but just picked up a bunch more.
A pleasure, brother. Love seeing guys make bank here. More than one way to skin the cat too, as we all know.

TRCH is flying tonight, not too late for serious kwan, big merger news tomorrow.
GTE is moving AH, .44 as we type this.