The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Jumped on some GTE after lunch. Thought it would make a run late day. After hours jumped back up. Not sure how long of a hold on this one. Curious to see what oil does the rest of the week after the past two days of trading shooting the moon.
FET up 144% today with AH..... lol.....

I picked up more FET and GTE today as well. FET has been awesome. GTE is a lil flat, but maybe it’ll fire up.

I picked up more FET and GTE today as well. FET has been awesome. GTE is a lil flat, but maybe it’ll fire up.
I loaded up on FET back at .40 so been very pleased with that one. Watched GTE hard at .26 and kicking myself for not pulling the trigger. Just been sluggish and didn’t know what to expect. Happy with my current oil holdings. Might look at some natural gas.

EastMT

WKR
One thing i want new guys to know, this is not a normal market. Right now $3 and under stocks are on fire. I’m guessing it is because of all the free trades? Imagine if it was $10 a trade like just a bit ago?

I read an article by a trader that traded through the build up of the dot com bubble. He said it was like this, hard to lose, parabolic gains, 100-500% runners daily. My thought is I hope we aren’t building a bubble, second thought is don’t forget that this is a rare occurrence. Once this all slows down it will be much harder to make steady gains.

KSP277

WKR
Found this on the innernets. I was still little confused about the day trading but I think I understand it now, maybe.

537E4B55-1D14-4E8A-8940-7B15D2B0A2D5.png

EastMT

WKR
Found this on the innernets. I was still little confused about the day trading but I think I understand it now, maybe.

View attachment 188088

Yes there’s a couple of ways it’s considered a day trade. For instance, if you buy 100 shares in the morning, you can then sell 33, 33, 34 in 3 separate sales. That counts as one day trade as long as you continue in the same direction.

I’d you buy at night, sell first thing the next morning that’s technically a swing trade. People do over nighters to avoid the day trade rule. This is why a lot of the guys giving stock trade ideas have overnight picks as well, to help people that don’t have one to burn.

You don’t ever want to use up your 3 trades. Always have one available, if you buy something and it tanks, you are stuck.

Plan you day trades out, don’t burn one for a $20 gain, use them for a solid trade. Once you get to $25k, if you close the night before under $25k, you are under the 3 day trade rule again.

Okhotnik

WKR
Yes there’s a couple of ways it’s considered a day trade. For instance, if you buy 100 shares in the morning, you can then sell 33, 33, 34 in 3 separate sales. That counts as one day trade as long as you continue in the same direction.

I’d you buy at night, sell first thing the next morning that’s technically a swing trade. People do over nighters to avoid the day trade rule. This is why a lot of the guys giving stock trade ideas have overnight picks as well, to help people that don’t have one to burn.

You don’t ever want to use up your 3 trades. Always have one available, if you buy something and it tanks, you are stuck.

Plan you day trades out, don’t burn one for a $20 gain, use them for a solid trade. Once you get to $25k, if you close the night before under $25k, you are under the 3 day trade rule again.

I opened margin accounts on my trading platforms to help negotiate the day trading restrictions. Obviously have to dedicate more assists to your trading accounts. And the risk is greater. Based on situation I thought the reward far outweighed the risk. Of course there are also special margin requirements. In a month or even a few weeks the market activity might be different .

If you are a trader who occasionally executes day trades, you are subject to the same margin requirements as non-day traders. This means you must have a minimum equity of $2,000 to buy on margin. You also need to meet the initial Regulation T margin requirement of 50% of the total purchase amount and maintain a minimum of 25% equity (or more) in your margin account at all times.

Any body grab NKLA? Got in at $59 and up 51% since then. Will most likely sell once it start trending down
I’ve basically been a canary in the coal mine for a few positions on this forum and maybe I’m too cautious. But watch this one carefully.

my reasoning:
-VTIQ and Nikola agreed on a sale price of 3.3 billion. THEY agreed that’s what it’s worth.
- the sale gave VTIQ 53 million shares valued at $10, which have not been exercised yet (not public but will be)
- Nikola has Only $480k (!) On preorders. Much of which are not guaranteed.
- they have no revenue. None.
- they do not plan to produce trucks til 2023. Tesla Went public with a car already on the road.
- after today, the public has bought enough to value NKLA at ~ 33 billion! All based on 23 million public shares.
- basically you are buying a company plan?/dream?

I don’t know what your definition of an over valued company is, but I believe this is the poster child.
This thing could FOMO to heaven returns. I’m staying out.
I will say I rode the wave from 8 to $34 and missed out on a lot today. But, I will sleep at some point tonight.
Nikola Tesla, in heaven, might be proud of the Company that used his last name, but I bet he’s really wondering how the company that used his first is gonna make him proud. Lol.
Please be careful and plan for the reversal

Last edited:

KSP277

WKR
Sorry for a lot of questions, but how can I sell over night or when the market is closed? I’d love to sell some NKLA right now cause it’s been dropping all night. My app says your order will be executed when the market opens. Is there anyway to sell outside the market window?

Sorry for a lot of questions, but how can I sell over night or when the market is closed? I’d love to sell some NKLA right now cause it’s been dropping all night. My app says your order will be executed when the market opens. Is there anyway to sell outside the market window?
What app?
when you create the order, designate “extended hours trading”.
The chart I have shows that it fell, but is hovering back around $80.5.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
You need to have premarket and after hours trading turned on. May have to call your broker. Who are you using?

mntnguide

WKR
OPK taking off pre market. Positive PR from drug trials. Solid company worth a look. I picked up shares yesterday and looking great now

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I’ve got an order in for CJJD at $1.70. Hoping for a longer swing. This is a recommend from FredADavis on Twits, so do your own DD on this one.

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
Been holding EGHT for a couple weeks. Looks like some good news today so hoping for a bump up to over 16.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk