The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

wayoh22

WKR
WHAT A DAY

Spirit finally took off a little

Now tomorrow, to sell off the NKLA profits or see if it keeps going...Greed is a bitch

CorbLand

WKR
Question for you guys now that the day is over. Where do you guys find all these littler stocks? Most of the ones in here I have never heard of. I want to learn more about this stuff, any websites, books, videos you would suggest?

EastMT

WKR
Question for you guys now that the day is over. Where do you guys find all these littler stocks? Most of the ones in here I have never heard of. I want to learn more about this stuff, any websites, books, videos you would suggest?

There are a couple really good guys I follow on Stocktwits. They post up one that hits their scanners, you have to race and see if it’s jumped too much. I split it up in small portions, they are right about 80% of the time. If I hit 8/10 split up, that’s pretty good.

EastMT

WKR
Camtheman, ProffesorDman1 are my 2 favs. Both trade in the 6 figures on small stocks daily. Just don’t go in thinking these are buy for keeps stocks. Get a profit, get out. Some are longer swings like a few weeks, but not many, mostly over night plays.

The best no hype guy is FredADavis, he does long swings.

The most important thing is that if you don’t get in at set price, make a limit buy order, if you don’t get in, move on. No FOMO

EastMT

WKR
I got an alert for CEI at $2.13, made a limit buy order, it ran to $2.76 without me getting in. Time to move on. Quick 30% I missed but if I bought higher, raises the risk level

Johnboy

WKR
Any of you holding THMO? It got real interesting right after noon when some news came out related to CV19 antibody therapeutics. I'm not smart enough to know the full implications, but I think it's good news for the stock. Afterhours and tomorrow might be lucrative. Seems like there are a bunch of small cap biotech companies racing for a claim in the CV19 market.

Okhotnik

WKR
Camtheman, ProffesorDman1 are my 2 favs. Both trade in the 6 figures on small stocks daily. Just don’t go in thinking these are buy for keeps stocks. Get a profit, get out. Some are longer swings like a few weeks, but not many, mostly over night plays.

The most important thing is that if you don’t get in at set price, make a limit buy order, if you don’t get in, move on. No FOMO

It took a month of swing trading to change mindset and just let go and not chase a stock. You'll drive yourself crazy if you don't. One week its oil, next week biotech is hot next commodities, next airlines, jump up the down with a financial announcement, tweet, next week financials are hot , someone tweeted then biotech hot again, airlines up states opening up, then down when covid cases jump up, etc, etc etc. ... And the riots last week had zero effect on the market even though the MSM stated the world and economy is collapsing 24/7. I was a bit surprised then I wasn't when I thought about.

Like waiting to jump on a bus. Miss it , no big deal, wait a few minutes and another will come along.

Curious how long market will keep doing this..

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR

Thank you. I will keep an eye on them for awhile and maybe start with some small amounts and see how I do.

Hertz was crazy today. I bought in on the way up. Rode it till just over $6, sold out. Then shorted it on the way back down. I felt like a thief!! It all just happened to work out. Not a bad play.

Bought a couple VLO options at the end. Already up 20% on those, but could easily go down.

Okhotnik

WKR
Here’s an example of my trades in the last 2 hours after work with these guys

TNXP +2.10%
RTW +4.59%
YVR +2.20%
COHN +2.41% (multi day swing planned)
SNSS +9.32%
IZEA +111%.

That’s in 2 hours. Unreal today.

Any after hours trading? I rarely trade after hours, but the few times I did came out ahead. I just don't understand after hours trading enough to use it often.

finished up 9.18 K today. I sold PayPal end of day because too many other stocks are much better short term investments now. I intend to hold long because way up but needed more cash for market while its hot.

Im holding oil and airlines another day as seem to be trending up in after market. Just have tight stop losses set.

This is a love hate relationship for me it’s turning out. About 3 stocks I used to have but sold were because they were doing terrible all rose today and I would have tripled and 4x my money just today if I had stayed in. Kicking myself now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Thank you. I will keep an eye on them for awhile and maybe start with some small amounts and see how I do.

So here’s what I did when I started following these guys. I set aside $200, to be split in 10 test purchases from these guys. I spent as close to $20 on each as I could and followed percentages not how much I was increasing my portfolio. I didn’t risk much to test out the waters, and good practice to walk away when needed. I missed 3 buys tonight that were 30% gains because they moved before I could set a buy limit. It gets easier the more you pass on by.

Right now I have 10 separate larger amounts for my penny fund, but still is not a large percentage on my portfolio. It’s nice to add to the gains and have a bit of hands on fun instead of staring at numbers every month or 2.