The official unofficial tikka t1x thread

getting closer to the idea of putting a t1x together for a little plinker/trainer

Anyone running a suppressor on these? any recommendations? this would be my first suppressor.

CHSD

WKR
getting closer to the idea of putting a t1x together for a little plinker/trainer

Anyone running a suppressor on these? any recommendations? this would be my first suppressor.
I use a dead air mask on mine. I wish they would have had the 16 inch option when I bought mine. 20 inch barrel and a 4 inch suppressor is not a huge deal, but chasing squirrels in the trees would be nice to have a shorter overall barrel length.

I use a dead air mask on mine. I wish they would have had the 16 inch option when I bought mine. 20 inch barrel and a 4 inch suppressor is not a huge deal, but chasing squirrels in the trees would be nice to have a shorter overall barrel length.
I think it was $125 to cut mine down

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv been using a griffin optimus micro on my 17. Stupid quiet. I got tired of playing musical cans between my 17 and 223 so that can is going to live on the 223. Waiting on a TBAC 22 takedown to live full time on the 17.

If you don’t mind the extra weight the optimus micro is an awesome can in that I can use it on a 223 direct thread, and at its size it’s surprisingly quiet compared to bigger cans. I’d buy another

Mine has a suppressor on in the picture I posted.
Silencerco Sparrow

I have seen a few articles on the sparrow and mask. Sounds like the sparrow is best simple bang for your buck. I would likely buy a 20" and have it cut to 17, then 5" can makes it 22" like my 308.

I have seen a few articles on the sparrow and mask. Sounds like the sparrow is best simple bang for your buck. I would likely buy a 20" and have it cut to 17, then 5" can makes it 22" like my 308.
I'm not really sure. My sparrow is not old but it seems to have stood the test of time and has been produced long then most cans.

I really didn't do any research past talking to a couple buddies that have had them for years.

I love mine. Had it for a while now. It sits in a KRG Bravo and has an SWFA 3-9 on it.

1e20bc89b02b211bef71c101d5926ed2.jpg

All 10 round groups
25800fb3ef3a18820ecb17296f3ec6b1.jpg

7946fc73bec37237ee322a91cbe825be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fyi,i just bought one at sports world in tulsa,525 plus tax for the 20 inch.
It shows out of stock online and i even asked the owner personally,than was walking around seen one in the rack.They have two left.
I plan to pick up the 16 inch as well.

OP
Desk Jockey
At a minimum with the original stock you need to find a vertical grip, and a butt pad, that factory slippery plastic pad is terrible.
Thanks. I am planning to drop my 6.5 creedmoor into a Mesa stock, when it arrives. The t1x is going to get the current stock with its vertical grip and limbsaver.

OldGrayJB

WKR
Is there any benefit in getting the 20" barrel?
Has anyone ever checked the velocity difference?

Lawnboi

WKR
I love mine.
Thru on an old 4-16 I had but im not settled on that being an optic.
Would love an swfa 6x but am also considering a swamp fox lpvo or athlon 2-12 hmr if I can find one.
I bought a 20 and had it cut down.
Fyi the Tikka factory threads are. .5 long so if you're using a sparrow you need to use the spacer.
That's why I had mine cut down.
Mines mostly for varmints but id like to have a dailing scope for practice.
It got a Salmon river arca rail.
Shoots a 1 moa 10 shot group at 50 with the Aguila super extra
View attachment 362062
Looks like I’ll be having mine chopped when my takedown 22 gets out of jail. My optimus micro works fine on it but apparently TBAC calls for .4” threads, sounds like the first baffle is somewhere around .5”. The optimus micro is full time on my 223 until I get more stamps back. The thought of cutting it down to 16” is something I’d really like to do. Decisions.

Maybe this gives me a good reason to drive back out to LRI and shoot prairie dogs.

A .5” long thread puts you in a hard place. A .25” common spacer puts you with less than optimal thread engagement.

Looks like I’ll be having mine chopped when my takedown 22 gets out of jail. My optimus micro works fine on it but apparently TBAC calls for .4” threads, sounds like the first baffle is somewhere around .5”. The optimus micro is full time on my 223 until I get more stamps back. The thought of cutting it down to 16” is something I’d really like to do. Decisions.

Maybe this gives me a good reason to drive back out to LRI and shoot prairie dogs.

A .5” long thread puts you in a hard place. A .25” common spacer puts you with less than optimal thread engagement.
You can use a crush washer, that's what basically comes with the Sparrow, I just figured I'd loose it. And its a chance of being less square.

I don't know and the 1st time I shot suppressed I was shooting a huge group about 12"high. Maxed out my scope travel and could not zero.

Had to post on here to figure out what was going on.