The official unofficial tikka t1x thread

I love mine.
Thru on an old 4-16 I had but im not settled on that being an optic.
Would love an swfa 6x but am also considering a swamp fox lpvo or athlon 2-12 hmr if I can find one.
I bought a 20 and had it cut down.
Fyi the Tikka factory threads are. .5 long so if you're using a sparrow you need to use the spacer.
That's why I had mine cut down.
Mines mostly for varmints but id like to have a dailing scope for practice.
It got a Salmon river arca rail.
Shoots a 1 moa 10 shot group at 50 with the Aguila super extra
20211109_165346.jpg

OP
Desk Jockey
I am ignorant to anything other than "handiness" and am curious what would make the 16" preferred over the 20"?

I don’t know that you gain a lot in performance on the extra 4 inches of barrel. I was considering suppressing mine at some point and thought the 16 would be better for OAL.

ETtikka

WKR
From searching other forums ,cci std velocity which is barely subsonic has performed very well in the t1x, what else have you all had the best results with?

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
I am still waiting to find out about mine. Bought one at the sportsman’s balloon pop sale. Only got 5% off but they had it tagged wrong so still made out okay. The KRG bravo and the Area 419 rail just arrived so need to put it all together. Still debating on what optic to put on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I don’t know that you gain a lot in performance on the extra 4 inches of barrel. I was considering suppressing mine at some point and thought the 16 would be better for OAL.

I thought the suppressor might be one other reason. I had also done some cursory reading about staying below sub sonic because the transition from super to sub at some point down range might be disrupting to accuracy.

Kindo

WKR
From searching other forums ,cci std velocity which is barely subsonic has performed very well in the t1x, what else have you all had the best results with?
Samsies. CCI std and the Federal Auto Match have both been incredible. One ragged hole around 50 and a lot of fun at 100 when there isn’t any wind. Very impressive what these rifles can do. 39349AEA-5C05-4D4D-BAE6-AD2F668664FB.jpeg

Attachments

• 889C5C84-5E7D-40ED-B8C6-71A9891DB2F6.jpeg
    889C5C84-5E7D-40ED-B8C6-71A9891DB2F6.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 53

sndmn11

WKR
We decided that a new clothes washer was needed, so I strategically suggested the appliance store by the Murdoch's that had a T1x in stock. So, we got one of those and a new washer.

Will these fit in any aftermarket T3 stock? I have an extra T3 varmint that I put it in and it seemed to fit just fine.

amassi

WKR
40gr cci mini mags shoot minute of squirrel head out of my 16". Best accuracy was with Aguila target comp 40gr but they are pretty scarce

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have a 20” one, was unable to find a 16” in the states. Leupold Mark AR 4-12 and a Dead Air Mask, it shoots a ragged hole at 50 yards with CCI SV. Fun to line up .410 hulls at the range and shoot them also.

I’m undecided if I want to pick up a walnut stock for it or just go with a Bell and Carlson.

OP
Desk Jockey
my mountain tactical rail arrived. I did a rush job to mount a vortex crossfire 3-9x and it is canted. I need to remount it but may be temped to shoot her just to see what happens.

the 16 inch is compact for sure. It will be nice for packing around.

Called around for a 16 inch and nothing to be found but a few that were marked way up.

Last edited:
SK Standard and CCI SV has worked very well for me. Lapua Center-X worked well, but spendy.

amassi

WKR
My local sportsmans warehouse has a ton of mags, likely due to the fact they haven't had a t1x for a year

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk