The New Leupold Mark 4HD?

I find it hilarious that the same people that think those who use their rifles for a month out of the year to go for a walk in the woods are harder on optics than PRS shooters also believe that a quality optic can’t ride down the road in the back seat of a truck without losing zero.

This place provides great entertainment.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The question I keep coming back to is are these guys fanboys or company shills?
Neither. It's always guys with their heads buried in the sand who don't ever really go out and actually use their equipment (despite claiming otherwise). Or it's guys who do use their gear and can't swallow their pride and accept what works and what doesn't (used to be me).

fwafwow

WKR
This was me, too. I just had to justify why my $1000 scope worked when it actually didn’t.
Same. I bought a Swaro because my cousin had one and I assumed he knew better than me. One of so many instances in which I learn later that I don't know as much as I think I do.

JGRaider

WKR
Same. I bought a Swaro because my cousin had one and I assumed he knew better than me. One of so many instances in which I learn later that I don't know as much as I think I do.
Drama queens need to come to grips with the fact that when you actually use your gear in the field, you know what works in spite of what the internet says. That's why I can say that at least 3 different 1" Swaro scopes sucked, got fixed, and sold.

atmat

WKR
Drama queens need to come to grips with the fact that when you actually use your gear in the field, you know what works in spite of what the internet says. That's why I can say that at least 3 different 1" Swaro scopes sucked, got fixed, and sold.
I’m a bit confused by this post. So you acknowledge that Swaro scopes can’t hold zero based on your experience… but you argue against the folks who are saying from experience (and evidenced by drop test) that Leupold’s don’t hold zero?

gerry35

WKR
The question I keep coming back to is are these guys fanboys or company shills?
The funny thing is when you read the thread without any real "dog in the fight" it comes across as being true on both sides.

I don't have anymore Leupold's because of the wandering zero issue but hope they can get their act together and produce something that will hold zero properly.

This is what I expect out of an optic.

20240118_100019.jpg

Ride like this, not loose zero. It use to be a big issue. 2 Leupold's didn't as well as several other varieties. About 10 years ago (long before I knew of RS) I switched several over to Trijicon. Surprisingly all I need to do now is check zero, not re-zero.

This super chicken is 9 months in for me so far. Haven't had to rezero except when I change loads. It dials accurately too.

20240118_100224.jpg

Surprisingly, it holds up when I fork up and knock it over too.

20240118_100229.jpg

Of course, snow over frozen ground for it to fall over onto shouldn't be a big deal right?

fwafwow

WKR
I’m a bit confused by this post. So you acknowledge that Swaro scopes can’t hold zero based on your experience… but you argue against the folks who are saying from experience (and evidenced by drop test) that Leupold’s don’t hold zero?
I was also confused. But I guess some experiences are more valuable than others'.