The morality of poaching

pk_

WKR
You need to consider a career in politics.
Whatever the case, last words here; won't waste more time bantering with you.
Folks can read and decide for themselves your moral equivalence inferred with poaching, speeding, traffic laws, etc.

Stay in FL, please!
Not sure where your hostility is coming from for me as a person? What’s funny is I agree with you on your opinion for the most part. I was simply challenging a perspective in a pointless, subjective, hypothetical thread… I am sorry if that offended you to the point of turning me into the boogie man.

But touché on another brilliant sidestep from being able to actually quote me saying what you are accusing me of having said.

I hunt a handful of states each year. Never had much interest in Idaho but I will be exploring the options going forward thanks.

The antimosity revealed in some of these threads does not enrich ones faith in mankind. Just makes me happy I am isolated and rarely have to encounter it. Just keep shooting at each other.

pk_

WKR
you are not taking from me when you break the speed limit. You are not taking a resource that belongs to all of us. the speeding analogy is just stupid.
I am guessing that you have never lost a loved one to a careless driver? I hope you never do, but it will likely change your opinion if you do.

I live adjacent to and drive on the deadliest highway in the country everyday for work. I have probably seen more fatal accidents in a single month than most see in their life. When I see people speeding, tailgating and driving aggressively I think far less of them ‘morally’ than anyone who has at any point in history, killed an animal in order to eat it. Maybe that makes me a bad person? Idk. It’s just the truth of how I feel.

Perhaps if you live you live somewhere different, you have a different perspective on it than I do and guess what, that’s ok.

KurtR

WKR
The speeding analogy is stupid, but how many have been killed by poachers versus speeders? Or vehicle infractions that don't amount to anything 99,999 times out of 100k.

Deer are held in high regard in the west, not so much in the east. I have been handed Dcap permits to kill as many as possible.
That's where the question about rabbits came from. Had a nursery that was getting rabbit damage, they couldn't give a permit to kill rabbits out of season, so they gave a kill permit for deer. Said if anyone asks, just tell them you are shooting deer at night.
I think that is the biggest difference out east my brother would get 7 deer tags in NC just with his general license and like you said get more tags if he wanted. Killing 20 deer a year isnt hard as alot of people just consider them pests.

PSA

FNG
OK, here it goes. My perspective about this discussion. This is intended for the miserable who love to engage in flame wars not to the majority here who do not. After all, I am a newby and that alone makes me a peon so you can rage at me if it will prevent you from slapping a child or kicking a dog.
Wow. I joined to get enough posts to buy or sell shit. I read the "Forum" section because I find valuable information and it is often entertaining, but this thread seems to me to be the kind of thread that creates division amongst readers. Many hypotheticals are. I now understand that the forum section is really just social media alive and well with cyberbullying by keyboard warriors. I get it now. There are some here that want to just stir up shit because of their inadequacy to have a civil discussion and rage makes them feel better about themselves. Not ALL (big emphasis on ALL) just enough to be noticeable on these forum's do that from my observation, most here seem like decent folk, but far too many simply have a need to cyberbully and who wake up every morning and ask themselves, "What can I find today online that rages me so I can find someone to shit on." You few who engage in childish behavior know who you are. What is it to you who I refer to that makes you so miserable? It's a freaking hunting forum meant to share information or so I thought.

Rich M

WKR
Nobody is minimizing the tragic number of people who die on the roads each year, this thread is about poaching, not the number of people that die on the roads each year. I doubt that anyone on this site values the life of a buck more than a human being, that’s pretty harsh.

I am one that doesn’t support the “hunters” on TV, You tube, etc. but how do you know they poach?

Was only referring to the TV personalities that have been caught poaching - otherwise, I don't think that many do. Most guys - TV personalities or otherwise, do not poach - IMO.

Seems like a small number of folks poach. The trophy animals get a lot of attention.