The Hunters Orange Epidemic

16Bore

WKR
You dont understand. A hunter that chooses not to wear orange is only putting his own safety at risk, so that should be his choice. A driver who chooses to speed and drive drunk is putting Others safety at risk. It is absolutely not the same thing, that is a very piss poor argument.

Joe Longrange is all snipered out and has a round zip over his head....who’s going to be at fault?

Well it is the law, where it's the law. When I see others hunting and not wearing orange or enough orange I always wonder what other laws they might be breaking. Are they the same guys that are going to leave a bunch of trash at their campsite that I'll end up cleaning for them? Probably.

16Bore

WKR
Reminds me of reversible hunting hats. “One side for hunting, one side for poaching”

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Were you asked about baiting regulations, shooting hours, caliber regulations, license requirements? Are those also a .gov conspiracy against your rights? Of course not, but those don't just affect one person's safety by their own choice either. Many of those are regulated for other reasons besides one's safety, so not good examples.

I suggest if you don't like a particular regulation, lobby your gf commission to get it changed. Don't be surprised if you get some pushback from other hunters that like the hunters orange regs. That's the point........if they like it so much, leave it to them to "choose" to wear orange if that's their fancy and like it so much. And our game commission is run by a bunch of liberals that could care less what us hunters think or want.

Or you can make the simple choice to just comply with the regulations.

Thankfully they haven't forced us to wear orange during archery season here, so I'm good in that regard. But if I were to hunt the rifle season I'd most likely "choose" to wear orange in some manner either way. Funny how liberty and freedom works........and wearing orange or not wearing orange isn't the problem.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Joe Longrange is all snipered out and has a round zip over his head....who’s going to be at fault?

Who says there has to be someone at fault? Both hunters are out doing what they love, knowing the dangers that exist. Stuff happens. It's like when you enter a golf course and pay your green's fees........you understand the risk of flying golf balls and the real possibility of getting hit with one. Accept that or don't play.

Many years ago I had someone ask me if I'd still hunt if the animals shot back. And my immediate reply was an emphatic "YES".

16Bore

WKR
Who says there has to be someone at fault? Both hunters are out doing what they love, knowing the dangers that exist. Stuff happens. It's like when you enter a golf course and pay your green's fees........you understand the risk of flying golf balls and the real possibility of getting hit with one. Accept that or don't play.

Joe Orange unknowing treks into Joe Snipers “spot”, who do you think is going to go apeshit and cry foul?

If 100 square inches of orange is stepping on your freedom, don’t even bother to watch the 6:00 news.

BuzzH

WKR
Thankfully they haven't forced us to wear orange during archery season here, so I'm good in that regard. But if I were to hunt the rifle season I'd most likely "choose" to wear orange in some manner either way. Funny how liberty and freedom works........and wearing orange or not wearing orange isn't the problem.
Oh I disagree...there are other reasons besides safety for wearing hunters orange.

As to your commission being liberals, always a convenient excuse for the "patriots". If the hunters orange regulation is so important to your freedoms, get with it and do something about it. My guess is you will be much more likely to be purchasing some blaze orange than defending your freedom.

Strange the places people pretend to take a stand....but interesting all the same. Worrying about the mice while being trampled by the elephants.

Well it is the law, where it's the law. When I see others hunting and not wearing orange or enough orange I always wonder what other laws they might be breaking. Are they the same guys that are going to leave a bunch of trash at their campsite that I'll end up cleaning for them? Probably.
So somebody doesnt wear orange then theyre probably littering slobs? Get real dude.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Oh I disagree...there are other reasons besides safety for wearing hunters orange. Then you should be able to choose orange based on those "other reasons" as well. And others should be able to choose no orange because those other reasons aren't important to them or doesn't affect them. Problem solved.

As to your commission being liberals, always a convenient excuse for the "patriots". If the hunters orange regulation is so important to your freedoms, get with it and do something about it. There was a proposal just this year that would have required archery hunters to wear orange during the ML season that runs right in the middle of archery. You can bet your britches that many of us were out in force to see that this didn't take effect. Now whether it was the force, or just clearer heads that shot it down (for now), it wasn't implemented.

But it appears that you're missing the point. As I already said.......the orange isn't the issue. The government thinking they know what's best for everyone, and them thinking that it's their responsibility to hold our hands with EVERYTHING in life is the problem......not orange clothing. But even a bigger problem today, is the number of Americans that are willing to give up not only their own liberties, freedom, and rights..........but also freely hand over mine as well. Those are the problems.

It's real convenient to say that we should do something about the government regulating our lives. But the fact of the matter is.........we shouldn't have to do something about that. They shouldn't be doing it to start with. And because of all the Americans I mentioned above, there aren't enough of us left to change it via the legal and foundational ways. That's why it most likely will eventually come down to another civil war if we want to preserve the foundations that America was founded on. Tragic........but more and more likely every day.

BuzzH

WKR
But it appears that you're missing the point. As I already said.......the orange isn't the issue. The government thinking they know what's best for everyone, and them thinking that it's their responsibility to hold our hands with EVERYTHING in life is the problem......not orange clothing. But even a bigger problem today, is the number of Americans that are willing to give up not only their own liberties, freedom, and rights..........but also freely hand over mine as well. Those are the problems.

It's real convenient to say that we should do something about the government regulating our lives. But the fact of the matter is.........we shouldn't have to do something about that. They shouldn't be doing it to start with. And because of all the Americans I mentioned above, there aren't enough of us left to change it via the legal and foundational ways. That's why it most likely will eventually come down to another civil war if we want to preserve the foundations that America was founded on. Tragic........but more and more likely every day.
Wow, who would have ever guessed hunters orange hunting regulations would lead to civil war...

So somebody doesnt wear orange then theyre probably littering slobs? Get real dude.
You may have missed my point. Someone who willingly breaks a law or regulation is more likely to break other laws and regulations. You think hunters who choose not to wear orange when/where it's required are going to be the face of ethics and stewardship otherwise? Doubtful.

You may have missed my point. Someone who willingly breaks a law or regulation is more likely to break other laws and regulations. You think hunters who choose not to wear orange when/where it's required are going to be the face of ethics and stewardship otherwise? Doubtful.
Have you ever crossed a street without being in a crosswalk? Jaywalking is a crime. If you break one law you probably break others. If youve ever jay walked i assume you go out at night during closed seasons and spotlight trophy elk on private property, shoot them, cut the head off and leave the meat while driving away smoking crack in your stolen vehicle with a kidnapped baby in the back seat.