The elk shoulder that stopped a 308

That picture of the bullet.. About as much damage as cutting a slit with a knife and pushing a bullet into it by hand but we're to believe that bullet was traveling at supersonic speed and stopped in a matter of a couple inches and looks like that? ha!

letrbuck

WKR
I fast forwarded to the 12:30 mark and listened to about 2 minutes of that video, but it seems like those two have the evidence to be confident in letting someone shoot them with a 308 in the chest if they are wearing an elk shoulder vest and think it'll just bounce off...

Anyone here with some legal background want to draw up the waiver paperwork for them to sign and I'll be on the trigger so we can settle this debate once and for all?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That is painful to listen to…

A mono only went through the skin and stopped on the shoulder with no blood.

UpNorth89

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to know where these elk that are built like elephants live.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
At about 12:30 host of show recounts experience and provides photo evidence of a cow elk shoulder that stopped a terminal ascent bullet at 350 yards from a 308 win
They have 2 videos and 45 followers. It's clickbait and it has worked judging by the number of views that video has generated. Clowns that want to be podcast stars.

This thread should be deleted or the link removed so that they don't get more views in my opinion

mt100gr.

WKR
They have 2 videos and 45 followers. It's clickbait and it has worked judging by the number of views that video has generated. Clowns that want to be podcast stars.

This thread should be deleted or the link removed so that they don't get more views in my opinion
This x100. Just the freeze frame posted here with the video link is enough for me - guys look like complete boneheads. I won't give them a view.

sdupontjr

WKR
These 2 guys must shoot at my local range, because I swear the shite that comes out these younger guys mouth at my range while shooting and sighting in their rifles is comical. The local guys here try to make videos while shooting and the dumbasses can't even describe their own gun much less educate anyone on what they are doing.

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
At about 12:30 host of show recounts experience and provides photo evidence of a cow elk shoulder that stopped a terminal ascent bullet at 350 yards from a 308 win. Rifle appears to be a tikka. A few more experiences recounted including issues with ELDX.

I had a similar experience out of a 6.5 143 eldx this year at same range on a bull, but did not take photo. For clarity, I still will and would hunt elk with a 6.5 or .308. Just sharing!

A lot of BS for such a short video. Achievements!

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t get the impression that these gents are getting anything out of sharing their experience.
I’m pretty sure their hope to gain something is the only reason they’re sharing their experience. Views/subscribers/YouTube ad money/etc

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I don’t get the impression that these gents are getting anything out of sharing their experience. I agree with you in part. In theory if there was a velocity issue it should have penciled through. The account and evidence is what it is though. These guys are contactable if you wish to debunk their experience.

You mean sharing their lie for video clicks?

Let me be totally blunt. Any hunter that believes a 130gr 6.5mm bullet impacting at 2,200fps only penetrated a 1/4” into muscle and somehow made a neat slit in the tissue and stopped- has an IQ of about 80, or is lying.

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
I had a very accomplished hunting friend of mine tell me the reason he thinks a tipped corlok didn’t kill an elk this season was because it was too close so the bullet hadn’t reached its full muzzle velocity. He regularly shoots antelope beyond 500 yards, and uses his ballistic app yet never applied his logic to the data he sees on his phone. An eye opener for me.
I’m sure many people will watch this video with zero critical thinking.

OP
H

Hagas4all

FNG
That picture of the bullet.. About as much damage as cutting a slit with a knife and pushing a bullet into it by hand but we're to believe that bullet was traveling at supersonic speed and stopped in a matter of a couple inches and looks like that? ha
So a 143gr bullet fully expanded, and lost its core- all inside a squirrel?
No not what happened. I responded to a post earlier that explains the shot. The bullet went about 6-8 inches on a hard quarter and stopped on the scapula. From what I have seen the core of these drops out once they are done their job which I used to think was a failure until I learned how they work. Impact velocity should have been around 2190fps. My hunting partner pulled it out when we were cleaning up the meat back at home which is why I have the bullet still. Impact location was about #3 attached.

Believe it or don’t. It does not hurt my feelings. You asked for the bullet and I produced.

Attachments

• 958B3C08-1509-4A36-A66F-5E52D2B38D0E.jpeg
    958B3C08-1509-4A36-A66F-5E52D2B38D0E.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 112

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
No not what happened. I responded to a post earlier that explains the shot. The bullet went about 6-8 inches on a hard quarter and stopped on the scapula. From what I have seen the core of these drops out once they are done their job which I used to think was a failure until I learned how they work. Impact velocity should have been around 2190fps. My hunting partner pulled it out when we were cleaning up the meat back at home which is why I have the bullet still. Impact location was about #3 attached.

Believe it or don’t. It does not hurt my feelings. You asked for the bullet and I produced.

The bullet penetrated more than 8 inches. The “shoulder” is a piece of cardboard and isn’t stopping any bullet.

Where’s the core?