The 6UM

Edge

FNG
They seem to work over a huge velocity spread. Up close they seem to fragment like a cross between a ELDm and Berger target. At distance, 1400-2000 fps they tumble and make a mess. The PH in Africa said “that little bullet is hard to argue with”.
Looking at some other DTAC posts from Form, 2500fps and above fragments and below that could frag or tumble and frag or expand like a harder bullet.

They shoot good out of my 6XC @ 2850 and going to eventually load some up in a 7.5 twist 240 Wby. With the 6XC, may buy a box of deep cut for lower frag velocity.

To keep this on topic, I have a Tikka 270 WSM that I need to either sell or convert to a 6 UM or PRC. All I need is another project 😆

khuber84

WKR
Looking at some other DTAC posts from Form, 2500fps and above fragments and below that could frag or tumble and frag or expand like a harder bullet.

They shoot good out of my 6XC @ 2850 and going to eventually load some up in a 7.5 twist 240 Wby. With the 6XC, may buy a box of deep cut for lower frag velocity.

To keep this on topic, I have a Tikka 270 WSM that I need to either sell or convert to a 6 UM or PRC. All I need is another project 😆
6wsm sounds like the natural choice here!

Reactions: NSI
I have seen people say that the dtac will shoot fine out of an 8 twist at moderate velocities, like 2850-2900.

Anyone know if that's true?

Eiden

Lil-Rokslider
They seem to work over a huge velocity spread. Up close they seem to fragment like a cross between a ELDm and Berger target. At distance, 1400-2000 fps they tumble and make a mess. The PH in Africa said “that little bullet is hard to argue with”.

Ryan, so would you say the benifit of the NR-DTac’s over bergers would be a wider velocity range for desired upset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatDUDE

WKR
@Ryan Avery where do you sit with the DTAC's with Nosering as an all game bullet? I know there was initially some information that they may not be ideal for deer.

The Guide

WKR
David Tubb advised the 8tw in his 6xc for a long time, he was typically shooting them at 3k fps from long barrels. I've shot them in my 8tw havak 6cm without issue. 2950-3050fps
How long is that barrel and what powder? I'm curious what I could get from my 22" 6CM.

Jay

Reactions: Duh

andarch

FNG
I see the 6UM brass finally showed up. What finally happened in production? Did we get a 6.5 SAUM case with a 6UM headstamp or did we get the 6mm neck? I've had my order in since February, hopefully I'm far up enough on the order list it gets filled.

I see the 6UM brass finally showed up. What finally happened in production? Did we get a 6.5 SAUM case with a 6UM headstamp or did we get the 6mm neck? I've had my order in since February, hopefully I'm far up enough on the order list it gets filled.
Where do you see the brass showed up?

andarch

FNG
I got an email from Unknown Munitions, Subject -

ADG Brass is back in stock​

The only brass I remember putting in a notice for was the 6UM.

Tx_300wsm

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed them last week and was told 6um brass would run in October but it sounds like dies should be shipping out soon. I never did hear if it would be necked to 6mm or just head stamped.

Website does show 6.5 saum brass in stock, 6um is still backordered.