The 2014 Kifaru EMR II

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
i ran them all last season. theyre ok.
i just picked up the OR flextex II and im very excited about them. much lighter than the endurance and no zipper.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone run the Endurance Gaiters? Up here in Alaska I always run gaiters. Switch back and forth between my Yukon Gaiters and my OR Crocodiles. But at 5.1ozs those endurance gaiters look intriguing. ???

I use a lot, but they won't take the place of my Croc's in bad weather/snow.

Here's the few poor photos I snapped the other night when messing around. Plan to get more when time permits. Had a 40 lb bag of corn inside the main bag, rain gear in one side pocket, possibles pouch and water filter in the other. Bow strapped on with the Grab-It II. Trekking poles in one of the open side pockets. It's been said a lot already, but so much versatility and ability to collapse down for day hunt or expand out for massive loads. More to come as time permits. For reference, I'm 6', 170 lbs (of pure whoopass ;)), longer torso and shorter legs.

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/DaveTheDavis/slideshow/Kifaru%20EMR%20II

Last edited:

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aron, thanks for the info. Understand the difference. They just might be the ticket for an August sheep hunt... ??

Anyone run the Endurance Gaiters? Up here in Alaska I always run gaiters. Switch back and forth between my Yukon Gaiters and my OR Crocodiles. But at 5.1ozs those endurance gaiters look intriguing. ???

I use a lot, but they won't take the place of my Croc's in bad weather/snow.

kodiakfly

WKR
Thanks for the pics, guys. I knew they were out there!

Sounds like lead time is only 1 month now on this bag now so that is pretty solid.

When did you order yours? My ship date is exactly two months from my order date...and I'm still a month away.

Tiger Rag

WKR
Thanks for the pics, guys. I knew they were out there!

When did you order yours? My ship date is exactly two months from my order date...and I'm still a month away.

Ordered my frame first which was late March. Ordered the EMR II about 3 weeks ago I think but I think I got included on that first order date. Maybe the material offers shorter lead times? I ordered in multicam.

More pics

I put up some more photos. Again, by the time I get home from work and the gym for my daily shooting session the sun is going down so these are not great photos. I feel pretty inferior in the photo taking arena compared to Aron and others have already posted up for the EMR II. These were just some quick shots of me with the pack in more of a day hunting configuration while shooting my bow with the pack on. I put a link to the album of all photos and imbedded just a few in this post.

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/DaveTheDavis/slideshow/Kifaru%20EMR%20II

kodiakfly

WKR
Ordered my frame first which was late March. Ordered the EMR II about 3 weeks ago I think but I think I got included on that first order date. Maybe the material offers shorter lead times? I ordered in multicam.

Thanks. Sounds like I should've gone MC instead of CB.

Here are some quick indoor pics comparing size to a Kifaru AG2. The same amount of stuffing is in each (hence no side to side shot).

Stuffed inside: a complete USGI sleep system, an additional intermediate "black" bag and the patrol "green" bag is in each lid. I didn't stuff or cinch anything down, just loosely filled. There is NOTHING in the EMRII outside pockets! The versatility of this pack is awesome. It's bigger, lighter and provides more organization then my now to be sold AG2!

EMRII:
JAB_6481_zps733e0e37.jpg

AG2

JAB_6476_zps83a9cec8.jpg

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Here are some quick indoor pics comparing size to a Kifaru AG2. The same amount of stuffing is in each (hence no side to side shot).

Stuffed inside: a complete USGI sleep system, an additional intermediate "black" bag and the patrol "green" bag is in each lid. I didn't stuff or cinch anything down, just loosely filled. There is NOTHING in the EMRII outside pockets! The versatility of this pack is awesome. It's bigger, lighter and provides more organization then my now to be sold AG2!

EMRII:
JAB_6481_zps733e0e37.jpg

AG2

JAB_6476_zps83a9cec8.jpg

EMR looks like a winner. What frame? CB is a nice solid color.

EMR looks like a winner. What frame? CB is a nice solid color.

I don't know what most guys are ordering but I got the Duplex and imagine most guys are going that route. I think a pack of this magnitude is best suited for the Duplex, IMO. Aron basically reaffirmed that my thinking of running it with the Duplex was a sound decision. This is my first Kifaru so take that for what it's worth.