Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riplip

WKR
Guns are banned in schools, except for security and teacher programs.

That’s a dumb post
Ha, such an articulate and intelligent response.

Feel free to correct me, but hasn't the NRA routinely provided the argument that the best way to stop bad guys with guns is for good guys to have guns, yet here they want to disarm the good guys so they can complain about the "left" trying to disarm them? They're claiming the Secret Service has jurisdiction, but I thought these guys were all about individual liberty and small government. Sounds like they're letting the Feds run right over their 2nd Amendment rights.

WCB

WKR
No mental health professional is calling trans or gender non comforming people "mentally ill"...

That goes back to my point about stigmatizaton and treatment.

Making mental health a joke (man, the weather is so bipolar!) or a bogeyman (that trans woman has some major mental illness!) is part of the problem.
Chances are more times than not a trans person does have some for of mental illness estimated around 70%. Also, you are going to tell me that there isn't a segment of that population..trans, non binary, and all the other off shoots of gender sex race nonconforming....that aren't coerced into that social group due to pressures or vulnerability related to mental health issues?

And as the TIK TOK example is not being cheered on by a segment of the population? Now do I expect a mental health official to just look at a trans person and say "that persona is mentally ill!" no...not anymore than I would expect someone to look at a young white male and deem them a "white supremacist" but that seems to be fashionable and cool now days.

Chances are more times than not a trans person does have some for of mental illness estimated around 70%. Also, you are going to tell me that there isn't a segment of that population..trans, non binary, and all the other off shoots of gender sex race nonconforming....that aren't coerced into that social group due to pressures or vulnerability related to mental health issues?

And as the TIK TOK example is not being cheered on by a segment of the population? Now do I expect a mental health official to just look at a trans person and say "that persona is mentally ill!" no...not anymore than I would expect someone to look at a young white male and deem them a "white supremacist" but that seems to be fashionable and cool now days.
I'm saying being trans is not a mental illness itself.

The rate of mental illness is incredibly high in musicians as well, but no one calls guitarists mentally ill.

There is all sorts of stress and pressure on people. Mental health, being part of a marginalized or poor section of society, they definitely interact and impact each other.

My point is that lumping it all in together is certainly not helping any of it, and is almost certainly making it worse.

Broomd

WKR
What a disastrous CF of a press conference.

The 'active shooter/barricaded' situation all sounds like total cowardice to me. Where was the commander who made that call? He should have been made available but is hiding under his desk. Parents will want his head.

An aside, it appeared that TX DPS spokesman had some sort of lozenge or cough drop in his mouth, who does something like that before going to a microphone to address millions of people? SMH.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Wow, how this this morph into a trans conversation? Anyways…..

After hearing todays press conference, in combination to my experience, I can confidently say a lot of cops screwed up big time! Absolutely disgusting what happened.

-10 minutes after the truck crash and no police response.
-shots fired outside, but a teacher propped a door open.
-cops arrive 2 minutes after entry, but take a position of cover.
-19 cops stage in the hallway for 1.25hours, even though they have a key to the room.
-911 calls confirm alive people are trapped and need help.

I could go on and on…. My opinion, every cop on scene who followed the Lead of incident command should be fired. Whoever was incident command and made the decision to not go in should be charged. PERIOD! I can’t say with certainty, but the inaction of the cops cost lives.

We need to do better! If I was a parent of a lost child and I heard the press conference today, no telling what I’d do. I’d be psychotic in rage.

I'm saying being trans is not a mental illness itself.

The rate of mental illness is incredibly high in musicians as well, but no one calls guitarists mentally ill.

There is all sorts of stress and pressure on people. Mental health, being part of a marginalized or poor section of society, they definitely interact and impact each other.

My point is that lumping it all in together is certainly not helping any of it, and is almost certainly making it worse.
Yes it is. Thinking you're a girl when you have a freaking penis hanging off your crotch is straight up delusional and akin to thinking you can fly, just because you believe it doesn't make it so. The fact they believe it is what the mental illness is. You can't glue a horn to a horse's head and believe it's actually a unicorn.

BjornF16

WKR
Unacceptable!

• Nineteen cops stood outside the classroom where the gunman was for over an hour while kids were inside

• They thought that everyone inside was dead - despite ongoing 911 calls from kids inside begging for help

• The shooter fired his last shots at 12.21 and it's unclear if those shots were at the kids or at the door

• 'Clearly in hindsight, it was the wrong decision,' Texas Director of Safety Steven McCraw said on Friday

• The 911 calls from inside the classrooms continued until 12.50pm, when police killed the gunman

• The kids who were alive and trapped phoned for help seven times unaware that police were outside

• Police will not say how many people were rescued and how many were shot in the time that lapsed

Remember when the guy in Vegas killed 60 people and injured 411 with his knife?

Oh, wait. He didn't use a knife...
One day, something very bery bad happened at 9:02 a.m. in OkC 168 people killed, more than 680 others injured.

Not one fire arm was used. Bombs are illegal.

Vegas could of been worse if he filled his airplane with gas and homemade explosives and crashed into into the crowd at night.

If you want loss of firearms then by all means turns yours in, or move to Australia.

Last edited:

BjornF16

WKR
He then walked through an unlocked front door which was propped open by a teacher who had gone to retrieve their phone a minute before he arrived.

Since the Columbine shooting in 1999, officers across the nation have been advised not to wait for backup and to proceed into the school to find the shooter.

Instructions from the Texas Police Chiefs Association says: 'The first two to five responding officers should form a single team and enter the structure.'

Why that advice was ignored in Uvalde is among the many aspects of the slow response that are now under investigation.

Another is why police falsely claimed at first that the shooter exchanged gunfire with a school resource officer before he even made it to the classroom.

One day, something very bery bad happened at 9:02 a.m.

168 people, killed more than 680 others injured.

Not one fire arm was used. Bombs are illegal.

Vegas could of been worse if he filled is airplane with gas and homemade explosives and crashed into into the crowd at night.

If you want loss of firearms then by all means turns yours in, or move to Australia.
But you've never seen me say that I want everyone to lose their guns...

Or that guns are more dangerous than bombs...

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
NO. You dont get to tell me what my Jesus is and then blast him. God gave us free will, as you mention. To such a degree that he let us torture and kill his son. I dont see anyone here saying Jesus would have run into the building guns blazing. I dont see anyone here saying Jesus would hang someone, take from the poor, or any other of your lame straw man arguments. You can have an opinion on how we, as free will wielding people, should structure our societies and address problems. You dont get to assign a bunch of political talking points to an entire group of people and then blast them for it. THAT, sir, is called stereotyping and underlies many of the problems that have produced the division in this country. Try engaging to learn about someone before you open fire.
You sound pretty triggered for conversation that did not include you. People like YOU want to assign religious garbage onto others but your skin and faith are both too thin to take any criticism in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.