Tenzing CF 13 Pack System

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
Yeah I didn't see that either.

I like the direction they are going though with the design ideas. Obviously there are bugs to be worked out on any design but its a positive step forward for them I think.

wapitibob

WKR
I'm guessing their target market is not the hard core hunter and their pack will never see an 80# load. Toss in a jacket, a cpl sandwiches, hit the trail, and they'll be just fine.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm the ugly guy that tried the pack on in the video. I agree on the load lifters, although I am interested to see how I could actually fit the pack to my body. The harness system was awesome, and I love the modular approach of the "pack". We'll see how it plays out, but based on how much it costs to get that CF mold produced, I think you'll see Tenzing try to build on this platform.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Why don't any of the mid level pack company's have load lifters? It doesn't make any sense to put all that effort into a pack just to half ass the suspension.

sk1

WKR
looks like a step in the right direction for tenzing, but yeah im not seeing the load lifters functioning well either.....but then again, many packs in their price range don't function very well if that's who they are trying to compete with.

i just unloaded my tz6000, negative reviews made it hard lol.....good thing i did too before these were revealed

wapitibob

WKR
You can't go to REI and look at a pack without getting measured and the guy making sure the lifters work, all for a pack rated at maybe 50#.
My guess is, these hunting pack companies want the top of the pack at or below shoulder level for walking thru the timber. What they don't seem to understand is, when hiking in several miles with a camp on our backs, we aren't breaking trails thru brush (most of the time). The recreational back pack companies understand that and don't limit the pack height.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll stick with Kifaru. I know I have the best, I don't have to worry about it, and they sponsor us to play here at Rokslide.

blb078

WKR
I'm the ugly guy that tried the pack on in the video. I agree on the load lifters, although I am interested to see how I could actually fit the pack to my body. The harness system was awesome, and I love the modular approach of the "pack". We'll see how it plays out, but based on how much it costs to get that CF mold produced, I think you'll see Tenzing try to build on this platform.

Did they say what it was going to cost?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
If going at that price I'd go Kuiu over that frame if I really wanted a carbon fiber frame....which I don't. :D But just saying atleast the Kuiu frame is high enough to provide lift.