Tenzing CF 13 Pack System

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Not in the same league as kifaru, but a BIG step for tenzig. good for them. With that price point they are pricing themselves into the cutsom market. and out of the mid level imo. Which isnt good when thier design isnt quite thier yet.

Bare in mind only one person on this thread has put that pack on so most of us dont really know! lol

Lorne

dotman

WKR
If going at that price I'd go Kuiu over that frame if I really wanted a carbon fiber frame....which I don't. :D But just saying atleast the Kuiu frame is high enough to provide lift.

I agree and as everyone knows I'm not a Kuiu pack fan :) but if I had to pick between the two it would be the Kuiu.

I'm actually really surprised they made this move instead of focusing on really improving on last year's line. One of these years the mid priced pack companies you think would to see the need for functional load lifters, right? I think if Eberlestock ever added functioning load lifters they would be hard to beat at a mid level price point.

Last edited:
I think the waist belt looks kind of nice, but other than that I cannot say anything that hasn't been said. No load lifters, and the frame looks like it flexes every direction. Seems very flimsy. I question how that frame would hold under heavy loads.

If tha whole pack was around 400 bucks I bet they would sell a ton of those to the guys that couldn't afford MR/Kifaru/Kuiu, but wanted something a little better than the eberle/badlands/blacks creek stuff. But at 700 bucks why would ANYONE get that over a Kifaru?

Joe

sk1

WKR
I agree, I thought it would compete very well around the $400, I didn't realize these things were gonna go for $700. I just don't think they can compete at that price range but I've never laid hands in the pack so I guess you never know it could be worth it, but as most of us have speculated, probably not.

Wrongside

WKR
While it is probably just MSRP, $700.00 is ridiculous for a new pack from a company like Tenzig, IMO. That's pushing into and past premium pack territory and for that I'd go with a proven performer from a proven company. Mystery Ranch, Kifaru, Arcteyx...