SWFA, what’s the deal?

If I was an optics company I'd probably want my inventory low rite before shot show as well.
Why would you want to be sitting on out dates stuff.
Id put all my capital into whatever jazz was getting released at shot
They used to sell much more than optics...guns, ammo accessories and more. Right now they have almost nothing in stock.

MCT453

FNG
I have several from when I first started getting into better quality scopes and love them.
I would like to see more updated versions like locking tourets and zero stop.

ETtikka

WKR
Since the price of all labor, materials, shipping, etc is up, but swfa prices are the same or even lower lately, makes me think they are not paying extra to get their scopes down the production in line. It is amazing to me they can build the quality and robust designed scopes for the current prices.

Since the price of all labor, materials, shipping, etc is up, but swfa prices are the same or even lower lately, makes me think they are not paying extra to get their scopes down the production in line. It is amazing to me they can build the quality and robust designed scopes for the current prices.
They don't know the cost of shipping until its ready to go.
They don't pay the tarrif until its off the boat
The quoted cost to manufacture may be the same, especially if they made that commitment a year or more ago.

So maybe there getting ready to double prices when the new shipment comes in.

rokbottom

Lil-Rokslider

Wow, so koshkin says there are updated models coming. Hell yeah!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
...and then in the same breath, that guy says how reliable and durable an Athlon Helos is.

🫣

There’s a massive difference between optical quality and thoughts; and true reliability and durability. ILyah’s thoughts on optical properties rates a consideration. I have not seen anything from him that would suggest he know much, or anything about reliability or durability differences.

Rich M

WKR
Live had trouble w leupold and leica.

Bushnell banners dont seem to break for no reason. Not a glamorous scope tho.

Rich M

WKR
There’s a massive difference between optical quality and thoughts; and true reliability and durability. ILyah’s thoughts on optical properties rates a consideration. I have not seen anything from him that would suggest he know much, or anything about reliability or durability differences.
Ilya is the real deal. I enjoy reading his thoughts and highly respect his opinions. Evevery swfa scope ive purchased i still own and use, several recommended from him directly.

Ilya is the real deal. I enjoy reading his thoughts and highly respect his opinions. Evevery swfa scope ive purchased i still own and use, several recommended from him directly.

He also said the Vortex LHT is a very good/durable/reliable scope and that drop tests are stupid...I tuned him out after that.

Rich M

WKR
He also said the Vortex LHT is a very good/durable/reliable scope and that drop tests are stupid...I tuned him out after that.
If thats what you have, then it is good enough.

He talked me into a viper 2-7x back in the day and it is one of my better scopes. Wish i had 2 or 3 more.

ljalberta

WKR
Updated SWFA scopes. I’m super intrigued. I’d like to see upgraded glass and lower profile turrets. Zero stop or locking turrets would be a win.

I sure hope they have an equally rugged and consistent design and the current models.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Can you please point me to any things he has written with regards to actual hard use and/or high round count zero retention
of scopes?