SWFA Shot show

PBBananaHammock

Lil-Rokslider
If they get more in stock (mil/mil 6x or 3-9) I will buy one. However, at this point I'm doubtful there will be an opportunity to buy another one other than used.
I would be willing to bet they’ll release more at some point.

The facts are: they closed the storefront, and streamlined their inventory to just their goods which aren’t perishable and are easy to store. So the overhead during this time likely isn’t high. They spent money to update the website and are inundated with requests for their products.

However they’re not taking money from prospective buyers, they’re not making false promises, they never go to shot show, they really don’t innovate, they sell their scopes at low prices and are known for their massive Black Friday deals on top of the low prices. They seem pretty aloof.

IMO It reminds me more of someone running a hobby business. No idea if that’s accurate or not, purely speculation. The attitude and posturing doesn’t fit the narrative of a company nearing its end. It’s more inline with the guy who has a day job but makes Doll house furniture or something on the side.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I would be willing to bet they’ll release more at some point.

The facts are: they closed the storefront, and streamlined their inventory to just their goods which aren’t perishable and are easy to store. So the overhead during this time likely isn’t high. They spent money to update the website and are inundated with requests for their products.

However they’re not taking money from prospective buyers, they’re not making false promises, they never go to shot show, they really don’t innovate, they sell their scopes at low prices and are known for their massive Black Friday deals on top of the low prices. They seem pretty aloof.

IMO It reminds me more of someone running a hobby business. No idea if that’s accurate or not, purely speculation. The attitude and posturing doesn’t fit the narrative of a company nearing its end. It’s more inline with the guy who has a day job but makes Doll house furniture or something on the side.
I agree over all. I don't think they are trying to fool anyone. However, it does feel a bit like a hobby and that lack of clear drive makes me wonder if they will either decide to be done with it, or if they are tired of the work and with every good intention, will simply not accomplish what they are planning.

I really hope they pull it off. I'm just emotionally distancing myself to avoid disappointment.

During hunting season there were guys on here saying that they still hadn't received the scopes they paid for LAST black friday. Did they get them?

Healthy companies don't have to repeatedly answer the question "Are you going out of business?" enough for random guys on the internet to know that they've repeatedly answered that question.

When I asked them when their 3-9's would restock I got the same answer as you guys - "We have no idea". Manufacturing isn't that hard. You can give lead times. They might be rough, they might be broad, but to spend a year to fail to restock your only product - that you've been manufacturing without change for 15+ years - speaks pretty loudly about your condition as a company.

I hope they do well. Ilya has good things to say about what they've been working on but hasn't shared any details. I want them to pick it up and rock on.

OP
Joemich1911
During hunting season there were guys on here saying that they still hadn't received the scopes they paid for LAST black friday. Did they get them?

Healthy companies don't have to repeatedly answer the question "Are you going out of business?" enough for random guys on the internet to know that they've repeatedly answered that question.

When I asked them when their 3-9's would restock I got the same answer as you guys - "We have no idea". Manufacturing isn't that hard. You can give lead times. They might be rough, they might be broad, but to spend a year to fail to restock your only product - that you've been manufacturing without change for 15+ years - speaks pretty loudly about your condition as a company.

I hope they do well. Ilya has good things to say about what they've been working on but hasn't shared any details. I want them to pick it up and rock on.
I understood them having a hard time keeping inventory during covid but most supply chains have resumed to normal capacities. It would be awesome to see a place like EuroOptic partner with them. I'm sure they both would benefit greatly.

Marshfly

WKR
Another issue at this point is the warranty. If they can't get enough scopes to sell, they don't have scopes for warranty replacement. So now you are hunting with a scope that, if damaged, is virtually irreplaceable.

I am actually going back and forth about replacing the one on my 223 prior to next hunting season for that reason alone.

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
Another issue at this point is the warranty. If they can't get enough scopes to sell, they don't have scopes for warranty replacement. So now you are hunting with a scope that, if damaged, is virtually irreplaceable.

I am actually going back and forth about replacing the one on my 223 prior to next hunting season for that reason alone.
What would you replace it with?

I understood them having a hard time keeping inventory during covid but most supply chains have resumed to normal capacities. It would be awesome to see a place like EuroOptic partner with them. I'm sure they both would benefit greatly.
I think that they are trapped with low quantities because of their low prices. They're stuck with low prices because they're selling 20 year old scopes. They would benefit greatly in sales volume by working with Euro, but I really wonder if they have the money to invest in the volume. I think that is the bottleneck - this isn't a production question, every other company that makes scopes has no problem making tons of them, but SWFA has been dry for a very long time and that seems like a cash issue, not a production issue.

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve bought a bunch of scopes from them over the years and sure hope they can keep their business afloat, even if it is just more of a side business for the owner. Having said that, I’ll be curious to see how things progress over the next year for them, but the last 3-9 I backordered ended up being canceled as my credit card was hacked in between back ordering and having it ship. None have been available for backorder since then, so I’ve started looking at other options, but man they are hard to beat!

ianpadron

WKR

Ordered a 3-9 last March, supposedly #40 on the list...still waiting

matthewmt

WKR
I wish I would've ordered more at the time, got a 6x and BO a 3x9 have shot my 6x out to 1,000 yards multiple times and everything in between.
I am anxiously waiting for that 3x9 and additional 6x. Unless they stay stocked up I'll probably look else where in the future. That 5-20 does look sweet tho but for that money the maven looks better at this point as far as CS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk