SWFA 3-9 unicorn quick look

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Since the couple of people have been taking about the adjustment gap, I have received messages from three people saying they don’t want the scope, or that they are worried about.

My question was real- why does it matter?

Literally the whole point of these scopes is that they are reliable, durable, simple scopes that generally work without issue from low to high power, and from touching the muzzle to as far as someone will shoot an animal. What is caused by having the ocular threaded out a few more turns to focus?

Since the couple of people have been taking about the adjustment gap, I have received messages from three people saying they don’t want the scope, or that they are worried about.

Literally the whole point of these scopes is that they are reliable, durable, simple scopes that generally work without issue from low to high power, and from touching the muzzle to as far as someone will shoot an animal. What is caused by having the ocular threaded out a few more turns to focus?

It doesn't. But I think it's likely that folks who have noticed that the diopter setting on these "current" ones is significantly different than the swfa 3-9s they have/had from older batches have anxiety that there could be something faulty with the scope or maybe different with the design that could affect the reliability.

That was my first thought when I noticed the setting is way different on mine than other scopes I have, but after using it and finding it seemed to work just fine, I have no worries about it.

Since the couple of people have been taking about the adjustment gap, I have received messages from three people saying they don’t want the scope
Send those folks my way! I'll buy one off of them. I waited over a year for mine and I've been happy with it (for the few weeks I've had it). Dialing it out to 300 yards on a Tikka .223 with no issues on dialing or return to zero. Has also held up to some bumps and an accidental drop on soft (ish) ground.

OP
Rob5589

Rob5589

WKR
Three words folks...... Black. Electrical. Tape.
To cover the gap you'd have to tape over the mag ring, so that won't really be feasible. If anything, a large rubber band like said above would help keep funk off the threads. Or do nothing and rock on.

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like the Credo vs this? I’m deciding between credo, tenmile, this or accupoint in 3-9 for weight savings.

Setup a new 3-9 and diopter adjusts to approximately same position as my older one. Might take some additional fine tuning but it’s close.

Attachments

• D5810483-5745-44F3-81CB-405EDF8AD9C8.jpeg
    D5810483-5745-44F3-81CB-405EDF8AD9C8.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 79
OP
Rob5589

Rob5589

WKR
How do you like the Credo vs this? I’m deciding between credo, tenmile, this or accupoint in 3-9 for weight savings.
I shot both today side by side; the SC on the new super lite and the Credo on my older T3. Both 7/08, stock guns, 120 TTSX handloads.

Credo: Glass is brighter and sharper. Thinner reticle. I did not perform a tracking test but it did track as dialed while getting it sighted in. Great eye relief.

Super Chicken: Glass, while not as good, is plenty good. I'd guess the Credo to have an edge in low light. Reticle is thicker at full power, as expected being ffp. At 9x I could still get on a 1" dot at 100yds, so no issues. Eye relief a bit tighter but not enough to matter. No tracking test but it tracked as expected when sighting in.

I tried both at 3, 6, and 9x at 100yds and both were 100% usable. At the low end both reticles worked fine with the SC smaller as expected.

I tried to get some on target pics but couldn't get my phone to cooperate.

It's almost a wash which I prefer. I lean toward the SC due to the durability history and I do like the ffp and reticle. The Credo is a tad lighter, has illumination, and a good sfp reticle.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Why does that matter? It’s an aiming device, throw tape around the gap if it bothers you and move on.
It 100% does not matter as far as functionality, I just don’t like the way it looks that’s all. If it bothers me that much I’ll just stick with the 3-15s I have.
Or ... First. World. Problem.
100%… First. World. Problem
I am plenty happy with my 3-15s so if it bothers me that much I plan to just stick with them and move on.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

It dosent matter. You are right, it has a specific job and if it does it right then who cares. I guess it just seems strange that the old ones didn’t seem to have this going on and the new ones do.

I’m the end it dosent matter, I’m glad I was able to grab another 3-9 on this sale. I had one before and traded it away. Always missed it even though I got a great scope in exchange for it.