Swarovski to release 14x NL’s

roweraay

FNG
Classified Approved
From what I had heard from a Swaro rep, the objective lens size doesn't drive the FOV, but just increases light gathering and exit pupil. Perhaps with more exit pupil they could change internal geometry to increase FOV more, but now I'm just making up stuff that I don't know about.
Absolutely correct. The Objective just drives in more light. FOV is determined by the design at the eyepiece end.

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
I was unsuccessful in holding the line. My demons won the battle haha. I've always disliked the handheld ballistic range finders compared to rangefinding binos. But I couldn't make myself carry 10X ranging binos, and 12X NL pures.

So ranging binos and 14X pures won me over. I'll be on the lookout for a used pair of Revic Binos in the meantime while waiting for the 14's to show up.
What’s your plan to carry these? Swap them out on your chest from your pack, as needed?

huntnful

WKR
What’s your plan to carry these? Swap them out on your chest from your pack, as needed?
I used to carry 10X ranging binos on my chest and 15X56 SLC’s in the lid of my pack.

I’ll just do that again. So any time I sit down and glass off a tripod (mostly all my glassing) I’ll pull the 14’s out of the lid of my pack. And whenever I’m covering country just randomly glassing, I’ll use the 10X ranging binos on my chest.

JakeSCH

WKR
I used to carry 10X ranging binos on my chest and 15X56 SLC’s in the lid of my pack.

I’ll just do that again. So any time I sit down and glass off a tripod (mostly all my glassing) I’ll pull the 14’s out of the lid of my pack. And whenever I’m covering country just randomly glassing, I’ll use the 10X ranging binos on my chest.

I use to do the exact same...but now I am thinking about having 8x range finding on the chest. Tough choices

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider

You guys got me all f-‘d up on over thinking this now!! Haha

Sell my spotting scope and 10x50 EL and go for the 14’s and keep my br4 or the route you’re going?

Sell my spotting scope and 10x50 EL and go for the 14’s and keep my br4
this is essentially what I did over the last few years. Sold Swarovski spotter since I never used it, Sold SLC 15s and I'll carry NL14s and a BR4. If I ever get a legit trophy tag I'll rent a spotter

huntnful

WKR
You guys got me all f-‘d up on over thinking this now!! Haha

Sell my spotting scope and 10x50 EL and go for the 14’s and keep my br4 or the route you’re going?
I take a spotting scope everywhere. An 88mm Kowa. I could never not have a spotter. But that’s totally dependent on the country you hunt and the distances you glass and the quality of buck you’re looking for

I take a spotting scope everywhere. An 88mm Kowa. I could never not have a spotter. But that’s totally dependent on the country you hunt and the distances you glass and the quality of buck you’re looking for
I'm looking for rag bulls and little bucks on almost every tag I get!

huntnful

WKR
I'm looking for rag bulls and little bucks on almost every tag I get!
Hahaha could have fooled me, based off that last buck you killed!

My main reasoning is that you just simply cannot put horns, or definitely not size of horns on a lot of deer that you can physically see with a set of 12's or 15's, or now 14's lol. I spot "deer" all the time at 2000-3000 yards with binos on a tripod. But I have no idea what they are, not even if its a buck or a doe, until I take a look with my spotting scope.

Maybe one day I'll grow up and specifically target big critters but I'm having to much fun enjoying average animals on general hunts with family and friends.

If I ever get a banger tag I'll probably have a heart-a-stroke from stress trying to stretch a tape measure.

I'm still conflicted over these. Will they be great? Yes I'm sure, I still wanted magnification between 15-18x to give more of a leap up from the NL12's.

MattB

WKR
I didn’t feel the 10x NL’s were a worthy upgrade to my EL’s for the $ delta and now I know why. These will cost me money as these will def be worth an upgrade over my 15x56 SLC’s.