Swarovski to release 14x NL’s

Most of the pictures I can find looks like the objective caps are permanently attached? Thats going to suck in the wind. I ripped the caps off my 15s the instant I realized how much movement they induced on the binos in even a mild wind.

CorbLand

WKR
Most of the pictures I can find looks like the objective caps are permanently attached? Thats going to suck in the wind. I ripped the caps off my 15s the instant I realized how much movement they induced on the binos in even a mild wind.
I would guess they will be like the other NLs. You can take them off.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just a heads up, we are accepting preorders and expect delivery the beginning of July. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss them.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
It's also a wider objective. I believe they can also shorten up the unit to gain FOV. Given that this glass is only ideal on a tripod, I'd have preferred a 15x60 or similar.
From what I had heard from a Swaro rep, the objective lens size doesn't drive the FOV, but just increases light gathering and exit pupil. Perhaps with more exit pupil they could change internal geometry to increase FOV more, but now I'm just making up stuff that I don't know about.

WRO

WKR
From what I had heard from a Swaro rep, the objective lens size doesn't drive the FOV, but just increases light gathering and exit pupil. Perhaps with more exit pupil they could change internal geometry to increase FOV more, but now I'm just making up stuff that I don't know about.
Correct, design drives the FOV.

IdahoBeav

WKR
I would think that wider tubes would create more space. Combine this with shortening the unit, and you get more FOV degrees?

Reactions: RWT

huntnful

WKR
I may have potentially talked myself out of them for now. Currently using the BR4 and NL 12x42’s. If I make the switch to Revic Ranging binos and the 14X52 pures, it’ll add 28oz to my optics and cost me about $2500 after resale. I think I see enough deer with my 12’s…. For now….. 🤔🤔