Swarovski to release 14x NL’s

28bang

WKR
I may have potentially talked myself out of them for now. Currently using the BR4 and NL 12x42’s. If I make the switch to Revic Ranging binos and the 14X52 pures, it’ll add 28oz to my optics and cost me about $2500 after resale. I think I see enough deer with my 12’s…. For now….. 🤔🤔
we compared them last Friday and the 14s sure do bring in some more wow factor compared to the 12s. Just sayin….

It's also a wider objective. I believe they can also shorten up the unit to gain FOV. Given that this glass is only ideal on a tripod, I'd have preferred a 15x60 or similar.
I hear you, but I saw a report that the actual power of the "14X" NL is 14.7X so that is probably almost identical to the 15X SLC. I actually looked up the "actual" magnification of the 15x SLC and saw it reported as "15 X". I'd love to know if it really is "15.0X" or something else.

The bigger surprise might be light transmission.

The good news is that I am sure we can expect an honest unbiased report from S&S Archery when they get around to doing a comparative. I hope Rob McConnell and team get that review done soon. Do you hear me Rob?

I did see one source showing the 14X NL's having slightly lower light transmission vs. the 15X60 SLC's which was quite surprising given that the NL's should have better coatings.

The ratio of Objective to power for the "14.7x" NL Pure is 3.54. The ratio for the "15x" SLC is 3.73 (assuming that the "15" means "15.0".

In my limited usage so far, I found the 12X NL's a little bit "wanting" when spotting mule deer. But I wasn't doing a side by side comparison to any other glass. And that is one of the beauties of the 12x NL's - in some situations you can get buy just carrying this binoculars. At that time I was doing some casual scouting and spotting of mule deer, and that is all I carried.

6.5x284

WKR
I hear you, but I saw a report that the actual power of the "14X" NL is 14.7X so that is probably almost identical to the 15X SLC. I actually looked up the "actual" magnification of the 15x SLC and saw it reported as "15 X". I'd love to know if it really is "15.0X" or something else.

The good news is that I am sure we can expect an honest unbiased report from S&S Archery when they get around to doing a comparative. I hope Rob McConnell and team get that review done soon. Do you hear me Rob?

I did see one source showing the 14X NL's having slightly lower light transmission vs. the 15X60 SLC's which was quite surprising given that the NL's should have better coatings.

The ratio of Objective to power for the "14.7x" NL Pure is 3.54. The ratio for the "15x" SLC is 3.73 (assuming that the "15" means "15.0".

In my limited usage so far, I found the 12X NL's a little bit "wanting" when spotting mule deer. But I wasn't doing a side by side comparison to any other glass. And that is one of the beauties of the 12x NL's - in some situations you can get buy just carrying this binoculars. At that time I was doing some casual scouting and spotting of mule deer, and that is all I carried.

Swaro rep on a podcast said 14.3x for actual mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Thanks! Already lining up some glass!

I don't see how you can handhold the 14x and not get eye strain quickly.
Just for quick glances, I absolutely refuse to carry multiple binos and I need higher power for the country I hunt. I've killed a train load of critters over the last decade using 15s as my only bino, it can be done as long as you're not convinced you need a different bino for every 1/2 mile increase in distance glassing.

huntnful

WKR
Just for quick glances, I absolutely refuse to carry multiple binos and I need higher power for the country I hunt. I've killed a train load of critters over the last decade using 15s as my only bino, it can be done as long as you're not convinced you need a different bino for every 1/2 mile increase in distance glassing.
I would say that 99% of my glassing is beyond 500-1000 yards and off a tripod. I very rarely hand hold binos. This might be the ticket 🥲

Mark@Outdoorsmans

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey everyone! I wanted to hop on here and answer some questions that I have seen and provide a little insight.

First and foremost the 14x52 NLs are absolutely and definitively better than the SLC 15s in every way, except price of course. Some people may try to argue with me on this but honestly I just don't see how they can. The FoV is 18% larger, they are 7oz lighter, MUCH more ergonomic and they fit in a medium bino harness (from most brands).

The 15s will still have their place but that will be due to price, not performance. As for the 10x52s I haven't spent much time with them but in my opinion those will be for the person who puts light above everything else. They look better than the 10x42 NLs at first glance but honestly that could have been a placebo effect from pure excitement.

The new 52mm NLs and ALL NL models moving forward will come with a new binocular adapter interface that looks a little like a keymod style mounting system. They are also making a new binocular adapter to go with it (obviously). Its a good system but it's still not a simple 1/4-20 thread like most of us would have liked to see. The new adapter will only work with NL binoculars that have this new interface. So that means if you are using ELs, SLCs, older NLs or basically any other bino in conjunction with your new NLs you will need to carry two adapters with you.

Of course if you are using a universal style strap adapter or something like that this doesn't apply. We have designed a stud that will attach to this new NL interface and we are hoping to be shipping them in August.

Just like other optics retailers have mentioned we are taking preorders now and expect to be shipping mid July.

Here are a couple videos of the 14s unboxing and another from Western Hunter with a quick overview of the new 52mm NLs.

Let me know if you have any questions and if you'd like to place an order you can call us at 1-800-291-8065 or place your order online.

outdoorsmans.com

Word on the street is, some new NL’s are coming to market. 14x52’s

Anyone want to buy some SLC 15x56 😂😂

It said they’re actually 14.7x52😏

Should be a badass bino, the 10x52 is also very attractive for someone who just wants one really good bino

I’m glad I got the 12’s first because if I had 10’s I’d want the 14’s, but as it is, I think I’ll opt for the 8x42 and think they will be the most fun binoculars to use on the planet and will be extremely versatile for me

I will have the 8’s in my harness and 12’s on the tripod on my pack (just keep a bino harness rain fly over them while walking)

I absolutely want to sit behind the 14’s though, I can’t imagine how nice that bino is on a tripod

4th_point

WKR
These new 52mm NL sound awesome.

I just recall busted eyecups and stuck focusers on the 42mm when they came out.

And a lot of complaints about flare/glare with the 42mm.

Can anyone comment on glare issues with the 52mm?

.....a stud that will attach to this new NL interface.....hoping to be shipping them in August.

......we are taking preorders (on binos) now and expect to be shipping mid July.
I've pre-ordered a NL 14x52 and bino adapter stud. Will they ship separately, as you have them available? Or, will Outdoorsmans only ship once the order is complete?