Swarovski to release 14x NL’s

Fritz D

FNG
I knew it! When the 10x50 and 12x50 ELs started going on sale I figured those magical Austrian elves had to have something like this in the works?
I’m afraid to even handle an NL because I know I will want one?
Gotta make my EL 10x50s work for a few more years. 😫

Mark@Outdoorsmans

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I've pre-ordered a NL 14x52 and bino adapter stud. Will they ship separately, as you have them available? Or, will Outdoorsmans only ship once the order is complete?
We will be shipping all of the 14s as they arrive at our office and no orders will be held to wait for the studs. We will be shipping those at a later date.

I'll be curious if the 14s are indeed "better in every way" than the 15s. Looking at actual exit pupil and considering the latest 15s use AK prisms, I'm curious if they will still be a bit brighter in low light. It may be one of those aspects where they are equal. Considering either glass would stay on a tripod for me, the lighter weight and improved ergos aren't selling points to me for the 14s.

(15x56 owner trying not to get too excited about these 14s.)

I'll be curious if the 14s are indeed "better in every way" than the 15s. Looking at actual exit pupil and considering the latest 15s use AK prisms, I'm curious if they will still be a bit brighter in low light. It may be one of those aspects where they are equal. Considering either glass would stay on a tripod for me, the lighter weight and improved ergos aren't selling points to me for the 14s.

(15x56 owner trying not to get too excited about these 14s.)
I'm confident that they'll be better in 95+% of scenarios based on years of 15s and a tiny bit of using the NL 12. Sold my 15s yesterday and placed a pre-order for 14s.

I'm confident that they'll be better in 95+% of scenarios based on years of 15s and a tiny bit of using the NL 12. Sold my 15s yesterday and placed a pre-order for 14s.
No doubt you'll be happy!
For now I'm planning to keep my 15s. I do plan to buy the 10s.

Working on talking my brother into a pair of 14x's to replace his OG 15x56s... I already have the 10 NLs and 15x56HDs, I should be able to stave off the urge to purchase these for a little while.

I’ve never been interested in a 50mm+ 10x bino. Never thought the extra size and weight were worth it. But for such a negligible increase in size and weight over the 42’s, I’m absolutely going to have to get behind them.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve never been interested in a 50mm+ 10x bino. Never thought the extra size and weight were worth it. But for such a negligible increase in size and weight over the 42’s, I’m absolutely going to have to get behind them.
Agree. While i am definitely excited about the 14's. I think the new 10s could really be a sleeper gem. Looking forward to testing this summer while scouting.

Agree.
My 10x42s SLCs get me past legal shooting light. But I've been hunting in plenty of situations where I couldn't quite judge a deer out of legal light that I've wanted a >5 EP bino. Also, from reading reviews on the 10x50 ELs, they give a very easy/comfortable view regarding eye placement and depth of field. I'm excited about these 10x52s. If the ergos work for me, I can see them being a fantastic option for hunting.

huntnful

WKR
I was unsuccessful in holding the line. My demons won the battle haha. I've always disliked the handheld ballistic range finders compared to rangefinding binos. But I couldn't make myself carry 10X ranging binos, and 12X NL pures.

So ranging binos and 14X pures won me over. I'll be on the lookout for a used pair of Revic Binos in the meantime while waiting for the 14's to show up.

Dang very cool.
I’m stuck though because I love my Leica Geovids on the chest and can’t part with my 15x56’s as I love those too. The only thing that slightly makes sense is swapping the SLCs for the 14’s. Will probably wait for more field testing before making a decision lol