Swaro CS, WTF!

sndmn11

WKR
Bullshit. So I’m a problem person because I expect the 10-15 pieces of Swaro optical equipment I’ve owned to work as designed? Apparently expecting things to work these days is overly demanding? (Sadly, I’ve already given up on the rifle scopes)

Anyone who has owned these binos and actually uses them knows that there is a design flaw with the rubber eye cups and the objective lens covers breaking off as the rubber gets old. Hell, even the factory plastic ocular cover will pull the eyecups off when they get rotten. That’s a Swarovski part on a Swarovski part, lol. And the objective covers only have a tiny rubber tab holding them on. They fall off regularly. I hunt year around and my optics get used, a lot. I consider it wear and tear, just happens more frequently than I’d like.

I did finally get smart with them on my 10x42s and they sent me multiple pair of each eyecups and objective covers, which I have needed. Now I need to do the same with my 15x56’s.

I've owned them for a handful of years in the past; the parts were a-ok when I sold them.

For wear and tear parts I don't see the complaint in being served in que for free replacements. Especially when it's been multiple times. Expecting to get instant service before other customers is bizarre to me. I also have the view that if I am wearing out wear and tear parts, they are disposable and I expect to replace them at my cost.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I guess I’m gonna have to buy replacements, which is fine. Yes, it’s a wear and tear item but they should still last longer than they typically do.

The main point of my post was to figure out what was going on at Swaro. There is a definite departure from the norm, which is usually phenomenal service, executed promptly. Something abruptly changed with their usual program. A software change and associated problems would explain that. By no means am I expecting service before anyone else. Why are people on RS so quick to jump on someone’s case and make assumptions?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I always give companies the benefit of the doubt, especially with Swaro's great CS track record. But there is defiantly something going on. I reached out to Dean I will let you know what he says.

KenLee

WKR
People still run covers? They’re literally the first thing I take off and put in the safe.

Anyways, they’re going through a software switch over that has not gone well. I have friends that work for them. It’s going be resolved sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I normally hold the objective covers to the tubes with hair ties to keep them from flapping. Must have hung these on something. I hardly ever insert them into the objectives.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I always give companies the benefit of the doubt, especially with Swaro's great CS track record. But there is defiantly something going on. I reached out to Dean I will let you know what he says.
Thanks Ryan.

WRO

WKR
I normally hold the objective covers to the tubes with hair ties to keep them from flapping. Must have hung these on something. I hardly ever insert them into the objectives.

Mine see always in a harness, my covers are in the safe. Scope wears a neoprene sock cover.

tdhanses

WKR
Mine see always in a harness, my covers are in the safe. Scope wears a neoprene sock cover.

I don’t think it’s the lens covers, think it’s the eye cups that twist in and out.

MattB

WKR
Key word…stories. For the record I own ZEISS binos, but the guys jumping on the vortex bandwagon ALL the time gets really old. The reality is every single company has lemons, some more than others. Search on here and you’ll see a pile of swfa warranty issues in the last year. Have you seen a pair of razor UHD break in half? I haven’t. I haven’t even heard a STORY of a stranger on a forum having one break in half. But it’s easy to just throw that out there as truth…

And for the record I’m not saying vortex are in the same class as swaro…

Guy needs help on 2 different swaros…

Another “happy” swaro customer…
There are bad companies and there are bad customers. Sometimes it is hard to determine which one you are dealing with.

I have had 8 different Swarovski products over the past 25 years and have always been pleased with their CS,

westernarcher

Lil-Rokslider
My focus wheel came apart on my slc 10x42s at the beginning of November. I emailed them, got one response and have been ghosted ever since. Its been about 5 weeks now.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
My focus wheel came apart on my slc 10x42s at the beginning of November. I emailed them, got one response and have been ghosted ever since. Its been about 5 weeks now.
Mine did as well. I think I played a part in the wheel not working trying to adjust diopter the with cold hands. I filled out an online repair request, got my confirmation email and sent my binoculars in the 1st week of Nov. I did not hear back from CS about receiving my bino's or what the estimate was. BUT I did just get an email this weekend stating they are fixed and back on the way to me. 1 month turn around time is a-ok with me despite the lack of communication on their end. I'm sure they are busy and I'm stoked to be getting one of my favorite pieces of hunting gear back.

westernarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Mine did as well. I think I played a part in the wheel not working trying to adjust diopter the with cold hands. I filled out an online repair request, got my confirmation email and sent my binoculars in the 1st week of Nov. I did not hear back from CS about receiving my bino's or what the estimate was. BUT I did just get an email this weekend stating they are fixed and back on the way to me. 1 month turn around time is a-ok with me despite the lack of communication on their end. I'm sure they are busy and I'm stoked to be getting one of my favorite pieces of hunting gear back.
Good to know. I just emailed again. So I’ll see what happens. Thank you

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
From Dean,

"
Here at SWAROVSKI OPTIK, we have always taken great pride in our customer service and our brand loyalty.

To match the growth of the company, a major decision was made to update our global ERP system in order to enhance business processes and the overall customer experience. We have been in the process of integrating this new system, which has caused some unexpected delays. We have every intention of getting back to the high standard of service you expect and truly believe that the integration of this software will get us there."

You do realize the guy is on his 12th set of eyecups that keep falling off. Tell us again about the warranties…lol!!!!
Kind of funny when the vortex crowd tries to push them when someone obviously has alpha glass. Vortex is fine. My dedicated truck binos I keep under the seat are Razors. But they are not anywhere near the league of my NL Pure. Good for the occasional spotting of an animal I want to check out. Not much more than that.

If happy with Vortex, rock ‘em. But they are just not in the same conversation.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Kind of funny when the vortex crowd tries to push them when someone obviously has alpha glass. Vortex is fine. My dedicated truck binos I keep under the seat are Razors. But they are not anywhere near the league of my NL Pure. Good for the occasional spotting of an animal I want to check out. Not much more than that.

Completely agree with everything you wrote.

JGRaider

WKR

You don't say? $3k vs $1k....I'm shocked.