Swaro CS, WTF!

svivian

WKR
Nothing to add regarding the current customer service situation at Swaro but how the heck are you guys losing the eye cups off your binos?

I'm seriously rough on stuff most the time and have never lost one.
I was literally thinking the same thing... i mean im pretty hard on shit but i havent torn an eyecup on my swaros.

Rimrocks

FNG
Check your spam folder in your email account. When they replied to me for some reason it ended up in there. (Gmail)

You do realize the guy is on his 12th set of eyecups that keep falling off. Tell us again about the warranties…lol!!!!
12? 12? Are you sure?
I never said the eye cup is the best design. But its just a little rubber ring. The binos are very usable without them.
Vs the multiple vortex stories of breaking completely in 2, lenses and internals popping completely loose.

Ucsdryder

WKR
12? 12? Are you sure?
I never said the eye cup is the best design. But its just a little rubber ring. The binos are very usable without them.
Vs the multiple vortex stories of breaking completely in 2, lenses and internals popping completely loose.
Key word…stories. For the record I own ZEISS binos, but the guys jumping on the vortex bandwagon ALL the time gets really old. The reality is every single company has lemons, some more than others. Search on here and you’ll see a pile of swfa warranty issues in the last year. Have you seen a pair of razor UHD break in half? I haven’t. I haven’t even heard a STORY of a stranger on a forum having one break in half. But it’s easy to just throw that out there as truth…

And for the record I’m not saying vortex are in the same class as swaro…

Guy needs help on 2 different swaros…

Another “happy” swaro customer…

Last edited:
Key word…stories. For the record I own ZEISS binos, but the guys jumping on the vortex bandwagon ALL the time gets really old. The reality is every single company has lemons, some more than others. Search on here and you’ll see a pile of swfa warranty issues in the last year. Have you seen a pair of razor UHD break in half? I haven’t. I haven’t even heard a STORY of a stranger on a forum having one break in half. But it’s easy to just throw that out there as truth…

And for the record I’m not saying vortex are in the same class as swaro…

Guy needs help on 2 different swaros…

Another “happy” swaro customer…
Well in that regard the Swaro stories are just stories, if we're telling stories.

sndmn11

WKR
I wonder if they are prioritizing people with real problems over real problem people. Those who have been first responders, medical personnel, mechanics all know what a "frequent flyer" is and I'm certain they exist in the customer service world.

I'd ask for two sets of eyecups and let them know they won't be bothered again, and then find a solution to the bino harness tearing up a $2k optic.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I wonder if they are prioritizing people with real problems over real problem people. Those who have been first responders, medical personnel, mechanics all know what a "frequent flyer" is and I'm certain they exist in the customer service world.

I'd ask for two sets of eyecups and let them know they won't be bothered again, and then find a solution to the bino harness tearing up a $2k optic.
Bullshit. So I’m a problem person because I expect the 10-15 pieces of Swaro optical equipment I’ve owned to work as designed? Apparently expecting things to work these days is overly demanding? (Sadly, I’ve already given up on the rifle scopes)

Anyone who has owned these binos and actually uses them knows that there is a design flaw with the rubber eye cups and the objective lens covers breaking off as the rubber gets old. Hell, even the factory plastic ocular cover will pull the eyecups off when they get rotten. That’s a Swarovski part on a Swarovski part, lol. And the objective covers only have a tiny rubber tab holding them on. They fall off regularly. I hunt year around and my optics get used, a lot. I consider it wear and tear, just happens more frequently than I’d like.

I did finally get smart with them on my 10x42s and they sent me multiple pair of each eyecups and objective covers, which I have needed. Now I need to do the same with my 15x56’s.

Last edited:
OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Check your spam folder in your email account. When they replied to me for some reason it ended up in there. (Gmail)
I did. I got a system formulated response, saying that they received my inquiry, and that someone would be contacting me. It was several days ago and that’s fine. I can wait, I just wanted to be acknowledged. the phone system just seemed to not be functioning.

Decker9

WKR
I’m in the same boat, I haven’t tried calling in but have emailed them twice in the past two weeks asking about replacement lens covers for my EL’s…. Still waiting on a reply. This will be the third set of covers in 2 years.

KenLee

WKR
Vortex would have answered the phone and overnighted the cups.
I’m in the same boat, I haven’t tried calling in but have emailed them twice in the past two weeks asking about replacement lens covers for my EL’s…. Still waiting on a reply. This will be the third set of covers in 2 years.
Mine lasted 2 weeks. I need to get a replacement set and just stick em in the box.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
See? And I am a problem customer?

Let’s call it what it is, a problem with the product.

WRO

WKR
People still run covers? They’re literally the first thing I take off and put in the safe.

Anyways, they’re going through a software switch over that has not gone well. I have friends that work for them. It’s going be resolved sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to add regarding the current customer service situation at Swaro but how the heck are you guys losing the eye cups off your binos?

I'm seriously rough on stuff most the time and have never lost one.
I used my 10x32 EL’s for years and never lost an eye cup. Kohl used them this year on his deer hunt and lost one. There is rough, then there are people like Kohl.