Suppressor wrap

I'm going to give the carbon felt and coban a shot. I used some 6mm felt from Amazon, did a single layer, and covered with a single layer of coban. I extended it a bit on the barrel side and wrapped the coban tight to try to keep it from scooting forward under recoil, but it may not be necessary. It's pretty darn snug.

I'm didn't seem to increase weight but a half ounce or so.

1000001557.jpg
1000001558.jpg1000001559.jpg

I've got a question for you guys using suppressor covers that have the scythe suppressor or a another suppressor with the brake on it.

I was shooting a couple of groups to see if I am having random flyers with a particular bullet, and didn't realize that my suppressor cover (carbon felt wrapped with coban ) had somehow slipped forward to where it was covering the break ports on my scythe suppressor brake. It had only slipped far enough forward to where it was flush with the end cap on the brake and was covering the ports.

Have any of done that and noticed a change in POI or flyers?

10 or 12 went into an inch or a little less and I know the cover was not covering the brake ports then. In the last five shots the ports were covered and I had three flyers about an inch away, so either the suppressor cover caused it or that load really does produce random flyers.

That load is 112 match burners and h1000 in a throated out 243. It's weird because I'd been getting 10 shot groups an inch or less and then I started getting random flyers that were an inch and a half away from the rest of the group. I had about 150 rounds through the barrel with a good number of h1000, which seems to be real dirty in this cartridge. So I was thinking that maybe the throat was a bit tight and had carbon buildup that needed cleaned out. I cleaned the throat and shot these today. It did the same thing, with the exception of The accidental covering of my suppressor brake ports. So it's not conclusive because of that, but I'm pretty sure this load just likes to produce random flyers which is odd because the 140 match burners out of my 6.5 creedmoor shoot absolutely lights out and they are factory seconds.

I'm going to abandon that load (112mb) for hunting anyway because I get way better accuracy with 108 eldms and it seems to have been pretty worry-free.

Just wondering what you guys think.

Top and bottom are same load but top is first 4-5 shots off clean bore.

1000001687.jpg