Suppressor wait times

sacklunch

WKR
Got a single approval.

I emailed the examiner within minutes of receipt and asked about my other pending forms, since they have a clear NICS background check for me and have cited that as a bottleneck/cause for delay. No response to the email,
Nice to see them processing things in a logical order. /s

Add this to the list of things a private organization could do far more efficiently than the government.

Nice to see them processing things in a logical order. /s

Add this to the list of things a private organization could do far more efficiently than the government.
To be fair to the ATF (I hate myself a little for saying that) they do have a lot of restrictions in how they can handle these applications, paperwork, and data, through no fault of their own--that's on Congress.

Congress could fix it, but why would they? They have little incentive to do so when one side can publicly thrash a public servant on live TV to get the sound bites they and pundits will use to whip up their political base. It's a problem of their own making and I don't think they're upset about it. Meanwhile, the other side has little political interest in helping lawful gun owners.

I think not doing batch approvals suggests they don’t want a shorter approval process. It would be so easy to approve all your submissions on a single background check. it might be unfair to start as recent submissions would jump over early submissions, but it would work out once the whole process gets shorter and no one is waiting 9+ months.
They only seem to batch what's easiest to batch. Single Shot trusts (which all of mine are for a couple of personal reasons) don't meet that criteria. ATF doesn't care about fair--they're doing other batch approvals for some individuals and multiple items on a single trust, and are processing out of order.

Got another approval. Different examiner.

1683221117948.png

They only seem to batch what's easiest to batch. Single Shot trusts (which all of mine are for a couple of personal reasons) don't meet that criteria. ATF doesn't care about fair--they're doing other batch approvals for some individuals and multiple items on a single trust, and are processing out of order.

Got another approval. Different examiner.

View attachment 550339
It’s great seeing all the trusts being approved now, and 268 is on the short end of what I’ve seen on Reddit for trusts.

The possibility of having a batch approval on my trust has me seriously considering buying another one right now. I'm around 190 days on the one I have pending.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’m right in the mix… fingers crossed that I get to free my 2 out of jail here soon! I already want like 3 others though…

Sevens

WKR
I think not doing batch approvals suggests they don’t want a shorter approval process. It would be so easy to approve all your submissions on a single background check. it might be unfair to start as recent submissions would jump over early submissions, but it would work out once the whole process gets shorter and no one is waiting 9+ months.
This is what baffles me. I’ve seen some folks get batch approval and others not. Process should be to check every application for multiple submissions and approve in batch if there are. Alas, that’s applying corporate logic to a government agency.

I got my second suppressor approved this week at 287 days.

WKR
1683294784509.png

Looking at this, Im inclined to agree with the idea that they were artificially lowering average wait time with some "lottery winners." The way the time declines until the end of April, then rockets up higher than before as soon as May starts looks manipulated to me.

I understand that the data in this chart is not comprehensive, but it does tell a story.

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I have one that as certified 7/29 that I am hoping gets approved here shortly. I also have two other that was certified in Sept 22, would be nice to get a batch approval.

atmat

WKR
View attachment 550631

Looking at this, Im inclined to agree with the idea that they were artificially lowering average wait time with some "lottery winners." The way the time declines until the end of April, then rockets up higher than before as soon as May starts looks manipulated to me.

I understand that the data in this chart is not comprehensive, but it does tell a story.
What would be the benefit of artificially lowering for a few weeks? Also, it’s not enough to “look” at the data. What’s the historical mean? Whats the macro-trends look like? What’s the standard deviation?

I think the whole process is dumb, annoying, and costly — 100% I hate it. I’m on our side in this issue. But I just don’t see the artificial manipulation.