Suppressor wait times

The optimus micro is a 22 cal can intended mainly for rimfire.

Sorry, I misread this line to mean it was a 223 can.

"Optimus Micro is intended to be an inexpensive, lightweight, direct thread .223 hunting suppressor that would provide the option for 22LR being a takedown."

I read that to mean it was a CF can which could also shoot 22LR while the other one was 22LR only.

"Optimus Micro is intended to be an inexpensive, lightweight, direct thread .223 hunting suppressor that would provide the option for 22LR being a takedown."

I read that to mean it was a CF can which could also shoot 22LR while the other one was 22LR only.
It’s a unique suppressor in that it’s a rimfire can that can safely be used on 223. It’s a neat little suppressor, I like mine.

Can we start clarifying submitted vs certified dates, depending on purchase process, they are not the same, can be almost a month apart. Wait times don't start until certified.
Well I've been waiting since Sept with my status SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS in an email from the ATF. The dealer said that's as far as we can get, and my wait time started that date. What do you mean by certified?

Well I've been waiting since Sept with my status SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS in an email from the ATF. The dealer said that's as far as we can get, and my wait time started that date. What do you mean by certified?

The certification happens when you and your dealer go onto the ATF eforms website and submit the paperwork. In almost all cases the certification date and the submitted date are the same.

The date that matters is the date in the email that you get from the ATF that gives you the status of "Submitted/In Process".

Understandable. I was stating my intended use, not the manufacturer's intent.

My TBAC 22 Takedown took 11 months for a individual paper form 4. Paid 2/22 and stamp received 1/23. I’ve got a Nomad 30 that I’m currently waiting for. E filed single shot trust 2/23.

2 cans E file submitted and received 14 July 22. First approved 12 April 23, second still waiting. This was done with silencer central with a purchase date 2 weeks before.

I certified one suppressor on 02/10 and another on 04/03. Just for fun, I checked how far apart those application numbers are, and they're 176,455 apart. Anyone know the application numbers are directly linear (i.e., the numbers go up by 1 each application)?

I certified one suppressor on 02/10 and another on 04/03. Just for fun, I checked how far apart those application numbers are, and they're 176,455 apart. Anyone know the application numbers are directly linear (i.e., the numbers go up by 1 each application)?
Control numbers are issued for every atf form from the same pool, and only have very general prediction power in approval times. The /r/nfa mega thread is good to follow to get a feel of how jacked up the whole process is.

Back