Suppressor wait times getting faster

SloppyJ

WKR
Those of you filing as an individual right now, any plans to convert to a trust later? Are you only filing as an individual just for the faster approval time?
I'm not 100% sure what I'll do. Don't really want to spend 600 to put them in a trust. On the flip side the only thing I really care about is that my sons can use them too and what happens to all of my NFA stuff if I were to die tomorrow.

I'm not 100% sure what I'll do. Don't really want to spend 600 to put them in a trust. On the flip side the only thing I really care about is that my sons can use them too and what happens to all of my NFA stuff if I were to die tomorrow.

That’s why I was asking. Have a kid on the way and was thinking it will be much easier for them and the wife being on a trust.

SloppyJ

WKR
That’s why I was asking. Have a kid on the way and was thinking it will be much easier for them and the wife being on a trust.
The single shot trust is worth the cost. It's a crap shoot on whether or not you're going to get any faster of an approval filing as an individual and not really worth it anyway. Go that route, better yet, buy the unlimited single shot trust package and be money ahead within a year or two. This is the advice I should have followed.

Bluefish

WKR
My last trust approval was 4 months. While way too long, it’s not long enough to outweigh the benefits if you have family. Having them on the trust allows anyone in the family to use them at anytime. The transfer upon death is a nonissue, a form 5 allows transfer and the estate can take possession if needed.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
My last trust approval was 4 months. While way too long, it’s not long enough to outweigh the benefits if you have family. Having them on the trust allows anyone in the family to use them at anytime. The transfer upon death is a nonissue, a form 5 allows transfer and the estate can take possession if needed.
Adding a responsible person seems so half assed though. There’s nothing you submit. You fill out forms #2 & #4 that Silencer Shop sends you in your packet once the trust is approved, get it notarized and then scan it and keep a pdf with your approved form 4 & tax stamp. They’re not added to the trust and go through no background check. I added my son for both my gun and his. Vs each individually.

Bluefish

WKR
Adding a responsible person seems so half assed though. There’s nothing you submit. You fill out forms #2 & #4 that Silencer Shop sends you in your packet once the trust is approved, get it notarized and then scan it and keep a pdf with your approved form 4 & tax stamp. They’re not added to the trust and go through no background check. I added my son for both my gun and his. Vs each individually.
I have not added amended my trust yet, so I can’t answer from experience on adding people. Because of how the atf changed an interpretation last year I now have to do two RP’s on each submission. Once it’s set up, not a big deal, but can make the approval take longer than a single shot trust. The good thing is my wife is now a RP on all my cans, so I don’t have to worry if she has access to them.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Submitted the e-form for my Scythe last night. We'll see how long it takes with mailed in finger print cards.

Individual e-Form 4 - ~42hrs from submittal to approval.

I may look into transferring to a trust in a few years if/when my kids want to hunt alone, but the individual works for me currently.

Individual e-Form 4 - ~42hrs from submittal to approval.

I may look into transferring to a trust in a few years if/when my kids want to hunt alone, but the individual works for me currently.

109eadc293df52be9364e42a850c19f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maugh

FNG
I just had a trust come back in just over 3 months. A friend of mine's dad got a single back in a day this week. Far better than the 13 months that I waited on both of my last two!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just had a trust come back in just over 3 months. A friend of mine's dad got a single back in a day this week. Far better than the 13 months that I waited on both of my last two!
My most recent one (trust) was just a hair over 3 months (99 days). My previous one was well over 200 days and my first one which was towards the end of the paper forms was like 15 months.

Things are definetly speeding up.

Maz7869

FNG
I submitted my individual eform 4 Saturday and received approval Tuesday morning for a new scythe ti.