Suppressed vs Non-Suppressed Hunting

z987k

WKR
Now that's funny right there šŸ¤£

You do realize that you don't have the privilege to go through life without being offended, right?
Of course. Which is why I get up and move. They're fully within their rights to do what they're doing, it's just really crappy to be around, so I move. That doesn't mean it isn't inconsiderate. It still is, but they have every right to be inconsiderate.

atmat

WKR
Zippo. But your posts illustrate the elitist attitude you canners have toward the breakers. See the link below to put into context:

Understanding Suppressed vs Muzzlebreaks
Lol ā€˜elitist canners.ā€™ My guy, get a grip. Itā€™s just preference. I have one preference and you have another. Iā€™ve already got terrible tinnitus and donā€™t enjoy over-the-ear muffs. We donā€™t have to shoot together and thatā€™s totally fine. No one needs to be offended.

atmat

WKR
To say you wonā€™t go shooting or hunting with a person who is shooting unsuppressed is asinine.
Why is it asinine to not shoot with someone not using a suppressor?

Them being next to me completely negates the cost and benefit of me having a suppressor. My suppressor, in effect, becomes useless.

Edit: hunting is a little different, and I do hunt with some guys who shoot unsuppressed. I just know I have to take additional precautions if Iā€™m tagging along.

wyosam

WKR
Lol ā€˜elitist canners.ā€™ My guy, get a grip. Itā€™s just preference. I have one preference and you have another. Iā€™ve already got terrible tinnitus and donā€™t enjoy over-the-ear muffs. We donā€™t have to shoot together and thatā€™s totally fine. No one needs to be offended.

Personally, I refuse to hunt/shoot/associate with people who donā€™t have tinnitus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taudisio

WKR
Why is it asinine to not shoot with someone not using a suppressor?

Them being next to me completely negates the cost and benefit of me having a suppressor. My suppressor, in effect, becomes useless.

Edit: hunting is a little different, and I do hunt with some guys who shoot unsuppressed. I just know I have to take additional precautions if Iā€™m tagging along.
When you go shooting with someone, you both shoot at the same time?
Generally, when I go with folks, one person is spotting, the other is shooting.
You must not have a lot of friends to go shooting with, and/or you arenā€™t helping new shooters with their rifles. Which tells me all I need to know.

If your mother/wife/uncle/whatever buys themself a new rifle (unthreaded) and asks you to teach them how to shoot it. You are going to hold your nose up at them and tell that peasant you donā€™t shoot with people that donā€™t have suppressors? If you say you would do so, that makes you an ass.

atmat

WKR
When you go shooting with someone, you both shoot at the same time?
Often times, yes.

Generally, when I go with folks, one person is spotting, the other is shooting.
This happens, too.

You must not have a lot of friends to go shooting with
Iā€™m not sure how you made the jump to this statement but okay.

you arenā€™t helping new shooters with their rifles.
I help new shooters all the time, though Iā€™m by no means in the top tier of guys here. Most often I teach people on my suppressed 22, then a suppressed 223. They enjoy shooting way more this way.

If your mother/wife/uncle/whatever buys themself a new rifle (unthreaded) and asks you to teach them how to shoot it.
Generally I teach people on suppressed rifles because itā€™s more enjoyable. But if someone needs help or wants to learn on their own, Iā€™m not going to turn them down. But I donā€™t really count that as a ā€œshooting buddy.ā€

tell that peasant you donā€™t shoot with people that donā€™t have suppressors
The modern word is plebe.

If you say you would do so, that makes you an ass.
I havenā€™t said I would do that.

Look, it seems lots of people are upset
I wonā€™t shoot with them if theyā€™re not using a suppressor. So new rule: I will shoot with unsuppressed WKRs since Iā€™m so wanted. Youā€™re welcome.

Grundy53

WKR
Who knew people were so sensitive. Jeez. God forbid someone has a personal preference. I shoot suppressed, I shoot unsuppressed. Hell, the bull I killed last month I shot with a braked rifle. I understand not wanting to shoot around someone who shoots with a brake. It sucks. Why does it bother you guys so much if people don't want to shoot around unsuppressed rifles?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk