Suggested reading/media for beginner

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I'm new to rifle hunting and looking to increase my range for future seasons. I belong to a local range and have been shooting with sucess out to 300 yards but would like to be able to have a bit more reach, perhaps ultimately out to 600 yards. Shooting at an animal at that distance isn't my goal but I assume if I'm comfortable shooting 600 yards at the range then 400 yards in the field may be less stressful. Also just learning new skills and understanding how my equipment works is a rewarding pursuit for me. My limited understanding is I need to adjust my scope according to the distance, the ammunition I'm using and several other factors that can be plugged into an app. It seems there is a load of information out there but it seems to all start with a base of knowledge I simply don't have. Is there any reading material or video series anyone can recommend to help me understand the basics. I'm shooting a Christensen Mesa 6.5 creedmoor with a Vortex Viper 10 x 44 if that has any bearing on the information you may provide.

Take a one-on-one shooting class or series of classes. The instructor should be able to identify and immediately provide feedback for any flaws identified in your shooting fundamentals. The instructor should also be able to teach you a viable shooting process that you can repeat 100% of the time.

Better to learn to shoot properly from the onset rather than have to attempt to unlearn numerous bad habits that you may pick up when learning to shoot on your own.