Stuff overheard at the range or local gun shop

def90

WKR
I'm considering picking up a Howa mini in 6 ARC, so I wanted to run to a local store that at least stocked Howas so I could get a feel for the action.

Guy behind the counter: What are you looking for?
Me: Can I check out a Howa in a short action chambering?
Guy at counter: Uhhh... not sure we have that.
Me looking right at a Howa: You have a few on the shelf. Can I try one out in a short action chambering?
Guy at counter: **blank look**
Me: Can I handle a Howa in a .243, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308, etc?
Other guy behind the counter: proceeds to grab a Howa in 270 Win

Same store:

Talking about a 6 ARC while cycling a Ruger American in 6.5 Creed.
Guy behind counter: Easiest way to a 6 ARC is to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor or a 308. The 6 ARC is based on the same case, so you could just rebarrel it.
Me: Hands rifle back and leaves

To be honest I've been shooting my entire life and have a decent collection of firearms and if you asked me to hand you a rifle in short action chambering I'd be looking at you with a blank stare as well..

WKR
Please tell us this is a joke.

ClearCreek
I'm with him, why would you add "chambering"? If someone asked to see a short action chambering, I'd be like does he mean a wsm? Saum? Why not just say short action? Chambering just adds confusion, if he just wanted to see a short action, he'd have said that like a normal person!

KenLee

WKR
As a former gun counter salesman I have too many to list them all.

Some of my favorites though,

Taurus makes good and reliable pistols you know

A customer also came in one day saying his magazine wouldn’t feed rounds correctly. Well sure enough a 9mm magazine won’t feed 40sw
I'd take a Taurus over a new Springfield, or the PSA clones