Stone Glacier Terminus Review

Does anyone treat their Terminus or x pac bags with Permethrin?
I got the terminus in, really liking it. I’m gearing up for bear and usually treat everything including my pack with Sawyers, but not sure it would work on the xpac material? Anyone treat it and notice it working or not working?

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone treat their Terminus or x pac bags with Permethrin?
I got the terminus in, really liking it. I’m gearing up for bear and usually treat everything including my pack with Sawyers, but not sure it would work on the xpac material? Anyone treat it and notice it working or not working?
I haven't messed with any treatment yet.

I haven't messed with any treatment yet.
I treated it for bear. I think it worked, I never saw a tick on my pack while others in camp did with untreated packs.
Really liked the pack, I’ll likely use it for just about everything this season except a few long hunts. Only thing is if you get water in it, you have to put forth some effort to get it dry again, it’s not going to dry out on its own!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I treated it for bear. I think it worked, I never saw a tick on my pack while others in camp did with untreated packs.
Really liked the pack, I’ll likely use it for just about everything this season except a few long hunts. Only thing is if you get water in it, you have to put forth some effort to get it dry again, it’s not going to dry out on its own!
I have washed it several times and all I do is hang it up to dry. I have not had any issues with it not drying out.

I have washed it several times and all I do is hang it up to dry. I have not had any issues with it not drying out.
Didn’t mean it as a negative, and it dries fine, just something I had to get used to. Example is if my regular SG pack gets rained on and a little damp, I’ll just hang it on a tree at night and it’s dry in the morning. With the terminus, I was in a storm when I should have used the rain cover, but didn’t. The inside got damp and I just left it like I normally would. In the morning it is was super damp inside the bag and continued to be all day. I had to open it up, wipe it out and let it air to dry the next night.

All makes sense with the material, just something I didn’t think about and will have to treat different on hunts.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn’t mean it as a negative, and it dries fine, just something I had to get used to. Example is if my regular SG pack gets rained on and a little damp, I’ll just hang it on a tree at night and it’s dry in the morning. With the terminus, I was in a storm when I should have used the rain cover, but didn’t. The inside got damp and I just left it like I normally would. In the morning it is was super damp inside the bag and continued to be all day. I had to open it up, wipe it out and let it air to dry the next night.

All makes sense with the material, just something I didn’t think about and will have to treat different on hunts.
No worries I didn't take it negative at all. I appreciate the in depth explanation though!

cronsman

WKR
Anyone have experience with the 8700 specifically? Trying to decide which to try and just worried the 7k may be tight on a pack out with gear and meat

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have experience with the 8700 specifically? Trying to decide which to try and just worried the 7k may be tight on a pack out with gear and meat
How long are you planning to be hunting for?

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you fit bone in quarters in the load shelf? if so, up to what size, deer, elk?
I never actually tried it but I bet a bone in deer or antelope quarter would be dang close to fitting.