Stone Glacier Terminus Review

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn, that’s a design flaw IMO. I had the day off today, and nothing better to do, so I stuffed my bag full of pillows (almost to where the bag was bursting at the seams), and painted every seam on it with Seam Grip Sil. I don’t expect it to function as a dry bag, but if it takes in water with just normal hiking around in wet conditions, I’m going to be a little disappointed. As far as blood leaching through the inner load cell, that’s bullshit IMO. What’s the point of a dedicated internal load cell, if it’s not going to keep blood off of everything else that’s in the pack? I’m really having a hard time understanding why they would put a material in there that isn’t water proof. Again, I haven’t had a chance to field test this bag out yet, but when l blow into the material that separates the load cell from the inner part of the bag, I’m not able to push air through it, so it appears that it should also be waterproof. I have several SG bags and a couple frames, that work very well for me and I’m very happy with, but I liked the idea of the WP material on the new Terminus, along with it being lighter weight, so figured I’d give it a go. I’m really hoping that it doesn’t disappoint.
d843d3cea4e2950cd354bd80cbb41bcf.jpg

a716732e013c33e866616fdaec01cf0e.jpg

39b3e73f3950f5a8dcb0fe83956b78de.jpg

5b399f33f59f9ec04b16aa46478005aa.jpg

eb24ed56464765cb474dcea2f7299863.jpg

6d14f7b73d312030b50d12dfcb7a881b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, I did have the load shelf leak blood on me.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jammed a whole bone in mulie in mine yesterday. I feel like some people think because it has a dedicated shelf sewn in that they need to bone out their meat. Im loving this pack, big enough for stuff like this, yet light AF when hunting and hiking around! Great design Kurt! My only complaint about it is the straps for the lid are directly underneath the load lifter straps, so you have to either run them inside the load lifters or outside which either makes the lid kind fold inwards on itself if on the inside or if you do them on the outside of the load lifters the lid will come down and kinda lay over the load lifters and cuts off the load lifter angle. Not a huge deal really, and its only when the bag is being used as a day pack.

Id1d4Wb.jpg
That is one of my complaints too. I wish the straps for the lid were moved slightly closer together.

Korengali

FNG
Dear (any brand really) pack maker- people want to get their hands on your stuff and try it out. Next month the 2023 sports shows will be in full swing. It will be nice to see your items and talk with the experienced reps at those shows. If there is Rokslide reviewed item at Puyallup or Portland I am much more likely to purchase it!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super helpful video, very skeptical about not having an external frame but this thread opened my eyes to its pros.
Awesome I'm glad it was helpful! I don't know if you saw the head-to-head backpack test I did, but you might find it helpful too.

Everyone still liking their Terminus? Think I’m fixing to pull the trigger before bear season.
You better just buy… the urge to get one probably isn’t going away and the clock is ticking 😏

I know it doesn’t make sense for them to build, but if they made a smaller terminus I would have to buy one, but I think it would be too niche… would still need a generous load cell but smaller capacity. It would be a sweet rifle blacktail pack.

I do like the concept for certain hunts

schmalzy

WKR
You better just buy… the urge to get one probably isn’t going away and the clock is ticking

I know it doesn’t make sense for them to build, but if they made a smaller terminus I would have to buy one, but I think it would be too niche… would still need a generous load cell but smaller capacity. It would be a sweet rifle blacktail pack.

For me the pack compresses down so much and without it being annoying that I don’t think the juice would be worth the squeeze.

OP, yes still happy with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You better just buy… the urge to get one probably isn’t going away and the clock is ticking 😏

Yea the urge has been there since they came out, definitely hasn’t gone away… Small one would be nice but the price point would likely not make it a big seller. Anything SG I’ve had compresses down so well there really isn’t a need, I sold my 1800 and 3300 and just use a 5900 now.
I put my hands on the new 8700 model, felt like I was opening a pack raft! That thing is huge.
I’m surprised you aren’t pushing the K4 on me 😂

ljalberta

WKR
I love my Terminus 7k. The bigger one looks like it could be an awesome option for long duration late season and winter hunts, but I love the simplicity of the 7k design.

I went with curved stays in mine, and I don’t think I’ll be getting rid of the pack anytime soon. That being said I did get a K4, but the weight savings of the Terminus for long mountain hunts can’t be beat.

I’ve attempted to attach a couple pictures of it with a ram and carrying the same ram (sans head) and gear.

Attachments

• 32EB486E-6E47-41FB-A190-626D72F0581A.jpeg
    32EB486E-6E47-41FB-A190-626D72F0581A.jpeg
    557.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 4632B2CA-1922-41F8-AA62-A08E2C12E6C3.jpeg
    4632B2CA-1922-41F8-AA62-A08E2C12E6C3.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Yea the urge has been there since they came out, definitely hasn’t gone away… Small one would be nice but the price point would likely not make it a big seller. Anything SG I’ve had compresses down so well there really isn’t a need, I sold my 1800 and 3300 and just use a 5900 now.
I put my hands on the new 8700 model, felt like I was opening a pack raft! That thing is huge.
I’m surprised you aren’t pushing the K4 on me 😂
Yeah, I don’t doubt they compress down to nothing, but it would be a niche pack for me, day hunting blacktail. I also know it doesn’t make sense for them to build.

Same reason I couldn’t bring myself to buy the 5000 k4 and got the 3600, I know they compress well, but I don’t like having way more bag than I need for what I’m using the pack for… if I get a hunt on the horizon I need more space, I’ll buy a bigger bag, I would rather do that than always have twice the bag I need for 95% of my hunting… it’s easier to use a bag that’s the right size for the task.

A 5k terminus would push me over the ledge, but I do realize the terminus fills a specific niche and the 7k is about the smallest that makes sense from a sales point of view.

Steve hinted an UL pack possibly in the future, and maybe in the name of lightweight, the bags will be of a similar material (highly water resistant)

I would like something besides cordura for the really wet season here… I’m pretty dang happy with what I have now, so I’m certainly not complaining 😏 we have some pretty insane options today…. And apparently there is still room to improve as I recently learned.

Yeah, I don’t doubt they compress down to nothing, but it would be a niche pack for me, day hunting blacktail. I also know it doesn’t make sense for them to build.

Same reason I couldn’t bring myself to buy the 5000 k4 and got the 3600, I know they compress well, but I don’t like having way more bag than I need for what I’m using the pack for… if I get a hunt on the horizon I need more space, I’ll buy a bigger bag, I would rather do that than always have twice the bag I need for 95% of my hunting… it’s easier to use a bag that’s the right size for the task.

A 5k terminus would push me over the ledge, but I do realize the terminus fills a specific niche and the 7k is about the smallest that makes sense from a sales point of view.

Steve hinted an UL pack possibly in the future, and maybe in the name of lightweight, the bags will be of a similar material (highly water resistant)

I would like something besides cordura for the really wet season here… I’m pretty dang happy with what I have now, so I’m certainly not complaining 😏 we have some pretty insane options today…. And apparently there is still room to improve as I recently learned.
Good to have options! I’m curious why more packs aren’t offered in other materials. One of the reasons I held off on the terminus was to see if SG was coming out with a removable xpac bag option for their frames. I figured that would be the next step.

Last edited: