Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Does the bottom "metal" sit flush on other's stocks? Mine protrudes along the midspan.

BH4yOStl.jpg

2ccaDJAl.jpg

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Definitely let me know how it compares to the vg and if it’s close we’ll probably do an inlet for it. We get quite a few calls for it still. We’d definitely need to borrow the rifle but we do reward customers for helping out with new inlets so we’ll keep in touch on that.
It definitely looks like there is enough width at the rear of the action to accomodate a M695 inlet.

M695 stock vs the VG:
PKCiO4Xl.jpg

M695 action and the VG stock:
FcRPlnll.jpg

1Oz4xfml.jpg

ElPollo

WKR
Does the bottom "metal" sit flush on other's stocks? Mine protrudes along the midspan.

BH4yOStl.jpg

2ccaDJAl.jpg
Mine was a little tight front to back like that resulting in the mag well buckling a tiny bit, but it didn’t impact function. If it does, you can relieve the inlet slightly or reach out to Stocky’s.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mine was a little tight front to back like that resulting in the mag well buckling a tiny bit, but it didn’t impact function. If it does, you can relieve the inlet slightly or reach out to Stocky’s.
Its not buckling, its perfectly flat (verified with a straight edge) but protrudes midspan. I was just wondering if that's the normal fit or not.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone cut one down yet? Couldn’t have enough patience for the Rokstock and pulled the trigger.

Need to cut mine down to 12.5” lop.

amassi

WKR
Anyone cut one down yet? Couldn’t have enough patience for the Rokstock and pulled the trigger.

I took my recoil pad off to fit a thicker pad for longer lop. The way the butt is I don’t think it’s a candidate to cut down there’s a void and the carbon is folded 90* on top and bottom- it looked structural
If you do cut it be ready to build that back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElPollo

WKR

If you are going to cut one of these down for a kid or someone with small hands, you are going to need to build up the grip to shorten the trigger reach. Look through this thread for the epoxy putty that others are using. Let us know how it turns out.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
I took my recoil pad off to fit a thicker pad for longer lop. The way the butt is I don’t think it’s a candidate to cut down there’s a void and the carbon is folded 90* on top and bottom- it looked structural
If you do cut it be ready to build that back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have pictures you could send of the inside?

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine in today and it didn’t come with a recoil lug. Super disappointing, I thought they were supposed to.

I got my replacement stock today and it fits great. No recoil lug with this one (I sent the one that came with the other stock back with it) but the factory one works and I got the more expensive carbon desert finish at no up charge. I also stepped up to a proof channel to give some more wiggle room and potential future upgrades. Total weight is 7lbs 15oz as pictured. 1C5C25EC-BF19-43A9-93EA-A2C0268EEE94.jpeg

A145D246-6FC2-4925-8FEA-0215B66FFC5D.jpeg

Last edited:

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
I got my replacement stock today and it fits great. No recoil lug with this one (I sent the one that came with the other stock back with it) but the factory one works and I got the more expensive carbon desert finish at no up charge. I also stepped up to a proof channel to give some more wiggle room and potential future upgrades. Total weight is 7lbs 15oz as pictured. View attachment 636781

View attachment 636782
Very nice. I called them and they said they ran out of lugs and would be shipping them out this Wednesday. Overall I like the stock. I see what others have said about the stock having a longer trigger reach, and a hollow feel in the butt, and not being able to cut them down without some fill in work. My only concern is right behind the grip at the start of the butt is feels very flimsy there. I can easily flex the carbon on both sides by applying moderate pressure with my thumb and forefinger. Everywhere else feels solid. Has anyone had issues with this? The carbon accublock feels sturdy as well. I would prefer aluminum pillars but overall it seems good. I will also note that the factory sporter contour is pretty tight. I don’t think I’d order anything less than their medium barrel inlet even for a sporter. I’m going to have to open it up a bit to feel good about it.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Very nice. I called them and they said they ran out of lugs and would be shipping them out this Wednesday. Overall I like the stock. I see what others have said about the stock having a longer trigger reach, and a hollow feel in the butt, and not being able to cut them down without some fill in work. My only concern is right behind the grip at the start of the butt is feels very flimsy there. I can easily flex the carbon on both sides by applying moderate pressure with my thumb and forefinger. Everywhere else feels solid. Has anyone had issues with this? The carbon accublock feels sturdy as well. I would prefer aluminum pillars but overall it seems good.
Another member said he filled the butt section with spray foam and it stiffened it up and took away the hollow sound. I plan to do the same to mine.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Another member said he filled the butt section with spray foam and it stiffened it up and took away the hollow sound. I plan to do the same to mine.
I’ll probably do the same. I appreciate what stockys has done trying to make such a light stock, but personally I feel like aluminum pillars and a solid foam fill in the butt would be well worth the extra 3-4 ounces.